Post-Game Discussion Manly v Tigers [Round 9, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Wests Tigers
36 4 Pines Park
07 May 2022 15:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Just don't have it this team. We lack.. well everything. Defence is soft. Our attack is clunky. Just not a well oiled machine just hinging on individual brilliance or forwards rolling over. Koula Saab Garrick are wasted. We barely use the ball. Our sets are so poor. Dummy half service is slow. DCE just gets caught on the ball too many times on the third or fourth tackles. This is why we look better when Walker is on. He actually promotes the ball. I just can't see us troubling the big boys until our attack is rectified. We have no ideas against good defences. Regulation win against a poor side but not impressive by any means. Work to do Des.

This is a really average manly team, make no mistake.

We think our injury list is worse than others. Tigers were missing Douehi, Laurie, Nofoaluma, Leilua, Blore, Roberts, Talau, and really only lost due to 2 tries against them during the sin-binning at a packed "Fortress" Brookie, against a world-class spine, and a near full strength middle rotation.

Defence and attack, seriously reminds me of those early northern eagles teams who could put on some moments of footy, but just always fell apart when things got tough.

The worst part is, I never thought a Hasler coached team, all things considered, could ever be so soft. Either the new generation are not responding to his style, or Des himself has lost his edge. Really really disappointing
Yep a win by 16 with so many of our top side out

paseka
Hamole
The shoe
Parker
Saab

or underdone like turbo is a bloody disgrace. Hang them all I say....

But then again we Won, got 2 points, had no injuries, blooded young burbo and played well in patches.

One of their tries was a fluke from kick. So take out Garricks poor arvo with boot and it should have been 40+ to 14.

Just no pleasing some i guess?

Maybe dr doolittle in the bunker didnt have enough camera angles.

But your right , i heard his head hit from here in the adelaide hills and i had the sound down.
Yep, for sure I was waiting for the ref to call time, and say the independent doctor has called him out. And I wouldn’t have had a problem with that either.

Great day out at brookie, warm on the hill and some decent passages of play. It was a little disappointing to see wests get a couple of those tries but a spirited game. Manly can improve quite a bit on that.

Great day out at brookie, warm on the hill and some decent passages of play. It was a little disappointing to see wests get a couple of those tries but a spirited game. Manly can improve quite a bit on that.
They say jealousy‘s a curse. Well I am definitely cursed. The shots of the crowd were magnificent , but what was even more pleasing (and they mentioned it in the commentary) the amount of ppl wearing Manly jerseys of many Manly eras was brilliant. I kept saying to the daughter, how good it would be to be amongst those on the hill, to the point she threatened to throw the remote at my head if I didn’t stop bringing it up.

Just don't have it this team. We lack.. well everything. Defence is soft. Our attack is clunky. Just not a well oiled machine just hinging on individual brilliance or forwards rolling over. Koula Saab Garrick are wasted. We barely use the ball. Our sets are so poor. Dummy half service is slow. DCE just gets caught on the ball too many times on the third or fourth tackles. This is why we look better when Walker is on. He actually promotes the ball. I just can't see us troubling the big boys until our attack is rectified. We have no ideas against good defences. Regulation win against a poor side but not impressive by any means. Work to do Des.

Manly weren't even close to full strength today. The side that ran out onto Brookie will never win the NRL premiership. But put Haumole and Shoe in the back row, add Davey, Lawton, Parker, Paseka and probably Saab, then get Tom fully fit ... and suddenly its a whole new ball game.

The result was never in doubt which makes for a relaxing viewing experience. Not enough credit to Wests I think, for some enterprising play and for not going away when a couple of times they were far behind.

And how great to see Brookie so full on a sunny arvo!
Also some great moments from young guns Koula, Tui, Bully, and Burbo, they will all benefit from the experience.
I was happy to see Marty running freely at last, and Josh A still playing with power, and Bully's best so far.
Plenty of good signs but don't take my opinions too seriously, I'm just a cock-eyed optimist and probably not smart enough to be saddened by the game! :)

The result was never in doubt which makes for a relaxing viewing experience. Not enough credit to Wests I think, for some enterprising play and for not going away when a couple of times they were far behind.

And how great to see Brookie so full on a sunny arvo!
Also some great moments from young guns Koula, Tui, Bully, and Burbo, they will all benefit from the experience.
I was happy to see Marty running freely at last, and Josh A still playing with power, and Bully's best so far.
Plenty of good signs but don't take my opinions too seriously, I'm just a cock-eyed optimist and probably not smart enough to be saddened by the game! :)

You know the Silvertails credo.. when we score a try, it's because WE are good ... when they score a try, it's not because they are good .. it's because we are shiite.

Seems to be a lot of harsh markers on here. Logged on expecting everyone to be as happy as me (a win's a win's a win) but no. Quite a bit of doom and gloom.
You can blame @globaleagle for that after these two previous provocative posts from him:

Game day champs and whiners!

Goooooooooooooooooooo Manly!

woohooo

13+

rip in goblins!

hooray!

whine away 'if you must' - I'll celebrate as I must

but after a couple of losses I'll take a win any which way

paseka
Hamole
The shoe
Parker
Saab

But then again we Won, got 2 points, had no injuries, blooded young burbo and played well in patches.

One of their tries was a fluke from kick. So take out Garricks poor arvo with boot and it should have been 40+ to 14.

I like to see the positives EOL as well and will take the win. However it was a pretty poor showing today I thought. Just grinding them out at the moment. Hopefully we improve once we get guys in the field and game time together.

paseka
Hamole
The shoe
Parker
Saab

I guess we just have different expectations and standards we hold our beloved club to. I always took pride in Manly's premiership strike rate. When Des took over after the northern eagles debacle, manly quickly developed a reputation of being a tough, gritty and uncompromising footy team. Win or lose, it was a pleasure watching them getting stuck in every weekend. The only reason us "doom and gloom" types will not celebrate a performance like that is because we expect manly to be contending for the title every year - anything less is a fail. I repeat again, injuries are no excuse. The vast majority of our cap worth of top tier players were on the park today. Letting the Tigers score so easily is unforgivable. Squandering so many attacking opportunities shows no composure. As talented as some are, I stand by my opinion - this is a soft team.

Reuben Garrick had an off day with the boot only kicking 4/7.

I wonder if he picked up Rod Wishart's old boots from the laundry instead of his own? @:D

Back from Brookie and a 'happy chappy' (unlike some on here) after a great afternoon there and a much needed win. Saw some fans there who haven't been since pre-covid, it was packed and quite like the old days.

We definitely got the better of the 50/50 calls for a change, which helped. With so many changes and disruptions to the side, the win was more than admirable. Very happy for Burbo with his 2 tries, having trained at centre all week then moved to 2nd row, that was special.

Apart from Burbo, Aloiai, Bullemore, Garrick and DCE all played well. I thought Harper did his job, better than previous games and went ok imo.

With a packed crowd on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, I'm happily taking that win :) Let's hope we'll have a stronger and more stable team next week, because we'll need it.

I like to see the positives EOL as well and will take the win. However it was a pretty poor showing today I thought. Just grinding them out at the moment. Hopefully we improve once we get guys in the field and game time together.
Agree there were moments of mediocrity but some good play considering the strike we were missing. Both edge back rowers would walk into every other side in the comp apart from the storm and riff I would say.
DCE had a great game. Foz was excellent. Koula dangerous. Butbo could be a very good player. Josh A was strong and Marty looked good again.

Unfortunately hooker is still a major problem and our bench was light tonight due to injuries.

But a win is a win and we had that game covered in 3rd gear.

The only reason us "doom and gloom" types will not celebrate a performance like that is because we expect manly to be contending for the title every year - anything less is a fail.
Pretty lofty expectations that even the best sides in any sport can't attain all the time.
All clubs have windows. Some larger and longer than others but the dream doesn't last forever. At some point you will fail and have to rebuild.

To me thats where we are. Thw rebuild is almost complete. Just on the edge of something special if a few pieces of the puzzle fall into place.

I hold my team to high standards but also respect the reality of professional sport.

A win is a win and I will stand and applaud the boys regardless.

Their last try wasn't a try, it was a burrow, which is a penalty in every other game.

They scored two tries (the one off Jake's leg) which was a fluke and the burrow, that shouldn't have been scored.

In attack we were great. Foran was class again.

Keppie needs to watch his hands. They let him down at the worst possible moments.

Marty Taupau , take a bow. Showed tonight why you're still our forwards leader with Aloiai.

Some really good elements for mine. Eight core players out and we didn't use it as an excuse. DCE had a blinder too.
My thoughts also Ryan, thought Bullymore had his best game for us by far, Harper made some telling tackles that had to be made. Also, a shout out to Mr dependable, Garrick, made lots of good ground with his carry's, and sealed it with a good wingers try.

Not buying into end of the world scenarios being played out here.
A win is a win. Ask Souths and Eels fans who Tigers rolled in recent weeks.
That needs an investigation. How the hell does scumatta beat the drizzle and riff on their home grounds but lose to tigpies and flogged by the Cows. Something stinks about all of that.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10