Post-Game Discussion Manly v Tigers [Round 19, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Wests Tigers
44 Suncorp Stadium
24 Jul 2021 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

As the we saw from the storm narrow win against the cowboys , Sometimes if is hard for the top 8 teams to stay motivated against the teams on the bottom of the ladder .

We will take the points and get ready for next weeks game

They were allowed to lay all over us and slow the play the ball down. We were clunky and were not clinical. Most concerning was our defence. Work to be done before the Sharks next week.

Last edited:
Sh!t house game of footy, the Tigers suck you into playing their style of hail mary footy and it turns the game into a slopfest. Really concerned about how we cope against speedy hookers. Starling a few weeks ago and again tonight we look very vulnerable up the middle against speed. Brandon Smith is going to destroy us up the middle unless we tighten it up a bit. I think Keppie not coming on until late was noticable.

Obviously happy with a 20 point win but as said, we need to not treat games like this as though it's a training run.

Am i the only one that didn’t realise how quick Doueihi is? I thought DCE would go over in a canter when he got the intercept.

They certainly weren't at their best. The game made me think about the impact of being away from home, especially on such a young team. Schuster was uncharacteristically off and he's the youngest of the lot.
Such a thing to manage for the coaches and management. I guess the next few weeks will tell how all teams are able to settle.
Interesting times.

Good win despite a few lapses through the middle.

What excited me most was our ability to hit one side then immediately be in position to hit the opposite side. Walker and Jake in the middle allowed us to play from sideline to sideline with a lot of fluency.

We had their measure all game so we used it as a bit of a training run and we will see a lot of growth on the back of it.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8