Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Guys I think we're expecting a little too much of this team at this stage. They arent going to win the premiership this year and its unlikely they'll make the top 4. They've been given a hiding by a very inform Dragons side, and after falling asleep in the first half almost beat the Storm. Before that we saw three top performances against good opposition. They'll improve as the season progresses as long as injuries dont hit too hard. They already look a level better than last year. Patience guys. They are coming back.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

terrible game terrible effort.
cherry

I must be blind because I didn't see him do anything
Oh darl, follow the post. You said did Sirro play? and I made a joke about how it was hard to miss him given that he took an eternity to get up off the ground after each of his 20 tackles - except that the joke was more clever than that!

Ugh,

The scrum move where the storm's lock trapped the ball to baulk us (and earned them a penalty) sums up just how much of an unsportsmanlike team of scum bags they really are.

Interestingly....if you baulk whilst playing the ball...you get in trouble.

Maybe we were going ok if the storm, once again, had to resort to dirty underhanded tactics. **** they are a collection of wankers.

The game:

I was wondering how annoyed I was going to be when we lost. Yet I'm not too bad, encouraged even.

The way I am going to take it is:

We only lost by four points and kept the ladder leaders scoreless in the second half!

The storm are a well established team containing one of the best spines in recent times. Smith/cronk/slater play at the highest level.

Our team is coming together, rocks and diamonds a bit as we settle into something a lot greater.

Barrett is right, we can and will match it with the better teams soon.

It was good to see that Barrett himself has turned a small corner with his own public comments about performances.

Last year it was always "I'm proud, they tried hard." Now we're getting into more: "Trying hard isn't good enough. E for efforts, but A's for achievements."

Also...when we stop doing things like kicking out on the full and dud 5th tackle options, the future surely looks bright."

You guys take it how you want (it's a forum etc) but I'm going to feel positive. I think all the guys are trying and bit by bit when more and more things click, team becomes stable, and dumb mistakes disappear, we'll be back where we belong.

Party on Wayne
Party on Garth

:)

Did they announce before the game that Anthony Seibold was making a guest return appearance as our defensive coach this week ffs??? Honestly, our goal line defence was just like it was all last year...Doods back peddling..zero talk and as TB said returning to the 'deers in headlights' bad old days.. Those two tries in 4 minutes for Kaufusi just made me cringe how much of a training run that move was for the Storm. It was bad deja vu. Yet in some games in 2017 our defence has looked organised spirited and confident. This is an immature football team. They have the ability to compete at a high level but really struggle to do it consistently in individual games and over a period of games too. Rocks and diamonds will be how our year is described. Definately need a few hard heads added to the squad with that competitive desire and a few more leaders...thats what we are sorely lacking imo. Enjoy the 2017 Manly roller coaster ladies and gents...

I've tried to comment on this, but just got completely abused for the suggestion. Apparently woodsie says I was clueless and have no idea, and Green is fantastic all round player.

Please find the post where I have said "I was clueless and have no idea, and Green is fantastic all round player"

Or are you just making **** up as usual.

Remember when Kevin, Woodsie & others came on absolutely giving it to everyone when manly won 3 straight (after 2.5 years or absolute crap) about how half cocked everyone was for critisizing the team?

Surely this shows why all the apprehension was absolutely appropriate? Flogging after flogging now.

The people who have criticized or shown concern (like susan) were called names, abused, threattened by the likes of these people.

Surely this shows a more opened mind approach to the good AND bad is required, rather than the all is love and roses?

Please find the post where I have called @susan names, abused or threatened him.

In fact please find a post where I have threatened anybody.

Or are you determined to continue to lie and bull****!

Amendment to the last post, @Woodsie did threaten you. However you called him a paedophile you lame d1ck. What do you expect. Seriously we might lose badly today, but that's football. I've follllowed this club all m life, you North Sydney living goose.

Still can't find anywhere where I have threatened anyone .... least of all that soft-cock. @Ryan

Last edited:
Likewise you fat overgrown ****head. Thank **** I am rid of your woodsie **** ******* brown nosing. Go grab a box of tissues, you need it. Like others said when you tried to flame in the susan thread, you're just a nitwit, with no soul. Now go be a sheep elsewhere you piss ant, be woodsie's shadow elsewhere.

Kevin, you're an oxygen theif like your girlfriend. **** off ****.

Hehehe what a thin veneer your cloak of righteousness is.

The game:

I was wondering how annoyed I was going to be when we lost. Yet I'm not too bad, encouraged even.

The way I am going to take it is:

We only lost by four points and kept the ladder leaders scoreless in the second half!

The storm are a well established team containing one of the best spines in recent times. Smith/cronk/slater play at the highest level.

Our team is coming together, rocks and diamonds a bit as we settle into something a lot greater.

Barrett is right, we can and will match it with the better teams soon.

It was good to see that Barrett himself has turned a small corner with his own public comments about performances.

Last year it was always "I'm proud, they tried hard." Now we're getting into more: "Trying hard isn't good enough. E for efforts, but A's for achievements."

Also...when we stop doing things like kicking out on the full and dud 5th tackle options, the future surely looks bright."

You guys take it how you want (it's a forum etc) but I'm going to feel positive. I think all the guys are trying and bit by bit when more and more things click, team becomes stable, and dumb mistakes disappear, we'll be back where we belong.

Party on Wayne
Party on Garth

:)

After 40 minutes I didn't feel this way but after 80 I have to agree.

They were ( and I think still are) favourites to win the Premiership, we were favourites to finish in the bottom 4.

Good come back by the boys in the second half, lucky win to the Drizzle, with a bit more experience we would have got them!!

After 40 minutes I didn't feel this way but after 80 I have to agree.

They were ( and I think still are) favourites to win the Premiership, we were favourites to finish in the bottom 4.

Good come back by the boys in the second half, lucky win to the Drizzle, with a bit more experience we would have got them!!

I'm no Buddha calm angel...after the first 20 mins I went outside and did this.

ea8347aa9cbe8b1224a1550a901cfc966d87bd33

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8