Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's the time of the year you don't mind a bit of slump - better now than September etc... but there has to be greener pastures in sight. Currently there is one hell of a hill covering those pastures up. That game killed any hope of top four, now it's a case of fighting to even stay top 8.

Very likely we'll be out of the 8 after next round.

The shirt grabbing the past few weeks has been Holden Cup like, you don't fix that overnight. I don't know where the spirit of playing for each other has gone. For a team boasting how they have a great bond, there is not alot of looking out and backing up each other going on aside from the obvious few who never throw in the towel. Might yet make the 8 by the way of a handy draw, but it'll only be making up the numbers unless there is a massive change of attitude.

Last edited:
We need to make some serious changes if we are going to sneak into the 8.

Even the Knights are in better form than us.
Change for who?Jonathon Wright?Perrett?Depth is pathetic.Parker is hardly first grade standard.He's young but one tackle on Vatuvei is hardly grounds for the wraps he gets on here

Wow that was awful.
I can't put my finger on why, the effort is there but what I did notice is that this team is playing as individuals and not as a team at the moment. No flow in attack and no structure in defence. They are running backwards.
What could be the reason?
This seems to have coincided with the new NRL investigation. Since that announcement they have completely lost their focus and are leaking points like crazy. Either that, or maybe Manly have been playing above themselves, and now the whips are cracking they can't keep up.
Or, it could be something not revealed yet, but something is very wrong with the team psyche,
They look like the team that lost in round 2 to the rabbits.
NYEagle

So brown doesn't miss any tackles, make any errors, give away any penalties and still gets bagged ?

Hmmmm! KE, I'm a big fan of your common sense on this board and I've been patient with Brown. His jumper grabbing tackling technique is driving me nuts. 9 missed tackles with three of them in one play!

We only have one decent defender, Jake. Too many cuddlers or players that can't hit and stick.
Even DCEs defence has dropped off recently.

why don't you piss off and eat some hungie. you don't like what I say ignore me mate.

Genuine question, you can't seem to put together a post without swear words and abuse in it

To help you along, hungi doesn't have an e on the end

Unfortunately I'm not able to ignore posters on here

Devasted. I think our early form surprised many including us. For and against is dismal now.
The team needs to feel bad about this. Melbourne just killed us with speed, offloads and precision. No idea in attack this week.
We look gone.
Gutted but it's only footy and I think we'll win a couple more.
I watched in horror as we fell off every tackle. We didn't stick & there was offload after offload. That's where we lost it. Embarrassing it was..

It's the time of the year you don't mind a bit of slump - better now than September etc... but there has to be greener pastures in sight. Currently there is one hell of a hill covering those pastures up. That game killed any hope of top four, now it's a case of fighting to even stay top 8.

The shirt grabbing the past few weeks has been Holden Cup like, you don't fix that overnight. I don't know where the spirit of playing for each other has gone. For a team boasting how they have a great bond, there is not alot of looking out and backing up each other going on aside from the obvious few who never throw in the towel. Might yet make the 8 by the way of a handy draw, but it'll only be making up the numbers unless there is a massive change of attitude.
Yeah if we were to go to **** now would be the time. After that earlier form dip we recovered and got to the form that labelled us premiership threats, now we look absolutely as lost as back then, pathetic second half mentally. Hopefully the boys can really wake up after this although they'll need to actually try

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8