Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 18, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
Hi guys! Well I see we lost again. Must admit didn’t see it so won’t blame snyone. I spent the night in a tequila bar drowning my sorrows! You should try it sometime! It helps (for 5 mins or so). Go Manly!!

Have to basically agree. There are a lot of muppets crying over refs on these pages, but they didn't cost Manly a win after 70 minutes of being in the lead.

Not saying Manly didn't try either. They just don't gel as a unit under pressure. Been like that all year.
Settle down Kermit...

While I'm tempted to agree with you I can't. I was there watching & the storm actually got back the eight metres most times. SCam always throws the ball forward so nothing new there and storm always lie on players so their defence gets set. That's all part of the game. Storm get preferential treatment. But they do against everyone (except the Sharks earlier this year). It's part of the deal playing them so we need to capitalize on 70% possession in the first half and there was no spark. None. Also Hodko should be shot for whatever he did on the last play of the game. Just no words ...
Hodko is done and has been for nearly two seasons... can’t believe so many were happy we signed him. Flanagan must be laughing his arse off about getting us to sign him for next season as well.

Have to basically agree. There are a lot of muppets crying over refs on these pages, but they didn't cost Manly a win after 70 minutes of being in the lead.

Not saying Manly didn't try either. They just don't gel as a unit under pressure. Been like that all year.
been like that for three years

As I said in another thread, Fainu has Api covered already and I think Sirro's absence is being massively overplayed on this site. I mentioned to a friend of mine who supports the Tigers that we were missing Sirro and he just laughed in my face. Make of that what you will. I am not sure which forwards the Storm had out but they were missing Slater, Addo-Carr and Munster in the backline. Heaven knows what the score would have been had these three been available?!
Yeah but Bellyache manages to just keep pulling rabbits out of his hat. No one does it better than him.

NRL .COM.....

Barely recognisable Storm team beat Sea Eagles
Author
Alicia Newton
Timestamp
Sat 14 Jul 2018, 07:22 PM
Barely recognisable Sea Eagles. Missing Internationals Tafua, Uate, Walker, Api plus Sironen, Jetski, Croker, and having tired SOO warriors Jake, Tom and Cherry . . .
We were as badly affected as Melbourne, if not greater.
Our first 20 minutes was fantastic. We would have beaten any team if we had kept up that standard. However, our reserves could not maintain the rage, and then the refs stepped in to swing momentum.
Let's put things into perspective. Before the match most experts and Forum posters were saying we'd get lapped.
Surely we should be happy that we were the better team on the night.

Hodko is done and has been for nearly two seasons... can’t believe so many were happy we signed him. Flanagan must be laughing his arse off about getting us to sign him for next season as well.

I once went to a formal with a girl who couldn't get a date. She was not real pretty and ate in a strange way, but gave it her all in the sack. I'm not sure how but Hodko reminds me of her

Barely recognisable Sea Eagles. Missing Internationals Tafua, Uate, Walker, Api plus Sironen, Jetski, Croker, and having tired SOO warriors Jake, Tom and Cherry . . .
Our first 20 minutes was fantastic. We would have beaten any team if we had kept up that standard. However, our reserves could not maintain the rage, and then the refs stepped in to swing momentum.
Let's put things into perspective. Before the match most experts and Forum posters were saying we'd get lapped.

Missing Internationals Tafua, Uate, Walker, Api plus Sironen, Jetski, Croker...

Wow, just wow! Is anyone buying this propaganda piece and seriously comparing our outs to the Storm's? Is there a face-palm emoticon?

I have officially heard it all now...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/storm-break-eagles-hearts!688691
As far as I am concerned there are no consolation prizes for losing most of the season and lingering at the bottom 4 of the ladder .
I agree with you though that we are a better team than that . We are underachievers and should be competing for a top 8 spot
Our Season is over and most on here are over all the Press conference stunned mullet excuses and all over the Barrett /Cartwright apostels and apologetics on here .

Not sure if it’s been mentioned throughout the thread yet but while Manase has been really impressive in his first two outings in the top grade, he was absolutely gassed with a good portion of the game to go last night. I know against the Panthers Hodko came in to fill in at hooker while he had a spell and I think that seemed to work.

Again, I’ve been super impressed by him, he’ll just take some time to work into an 80 min hooker in the NRL.

You are 100% right . Hodko is done . I was one that was singing his praisers and thought he still had it and I was I wrong big time .
He is pedestrian at best . Great player in his time but his time is up .

You are 100% right . Hodko is done . I was one that was singing his praisers and thought he still had it and I was I wrong big time .
I watched him play a few times for the Knights last season , and I couldn’t understand why we were signing him... and then to go and give him an extra year... unbelievable.

Yeah I'll put my hand up as well. Flanagans still laughing.

Has anyone mentioned , from NRL + NSWCup + Jersey Flegg
Manly teams scored a total of 12 tries. The opposition teams scored 11 tries .....and Manly lost all 3 matches ; which really is annoying to say the least. And
On Hodko , well I’ve got nothing to add to what I said 7-8 months ago- remember ,
“he can’t keep up at knights training “

Seemed to play into the Storm's hands for quite a bit of that 2nd half with concentrating on so much direct ruck attack instead of trying to unsettle and move around their usual well organized ruck defence and with some slightly wider direct running. and as mainly occurred in the i st half . Being kept scoreless in the 2 nd half seemed to reflect this less effective tactic and again the problems with some better executed set plays in the opposition 's red zone seem to continue . Two ridiculous rulings [ or lack of proper rulings ] certainly did not help but as has often been the case this season , Manly just seem to lack and to show some necessary composure and playing style and finishing ability [ which they still definitely have ] to get the job done . Dodgy calls aside , there was still enough effort and opportunity for Manly to win , again just have to somehow find and produce that important better organized execution and finishing ability

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10