Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 4, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
Does anyone get the feeling that with two 5 day turn arounds, guys like Skivy and T-Red were left out to keep them fresh for Thursday against Souffs? Just gives them extra time to get over niggling injuries.

Didn't we recruit Brown because he can cover the back row and centre? Yet as soon as he's put in the centres for a game people are up in arms about it.

Does anyone get the feeling that with two 5 day turn arounds, guys like Skivy and T-Red were left out to keep them fresh for Thursday against Souffs? Just gives them extra time to get over niggling injuries.

Didn't we recruit Brown because he can cover the back row and centre? Yet as soon as he's put in the centres for a game people are up in arms about it.

Possible reasoning , maybe they think they think they can beat the Rorters without them!!

Yeah but if we don't win this game what's the point

Yeah but if we don't win this game what's the point

The point is not running the risk of losing these guys for long periods because the didn't get a chance to recover from their injuries before playing again.

I think running the risk of losing one game against an underdone Roosters side is better than running the risk of losing several because players didn't get a chance to recover from niggles before taking the field again.

image.jpg

Boys warming up in front of me

Just for the record.....

Lewis Brown has played 10 tests for NZ. Six of those from the bench, four playing in the centres (no tries, his only test try was from the bench against Australia in the 2014 Four Nations opening game). And of his 153 first grade games, 39 have been in the centres. He's also scored 10 of his 30 tries in the centres.

I think the 2GB guys hit the nail on the head about T-Red and Skivy not playing due to soreness. The club isn't saying anything.

The point is not running the risk of losing these guys for long periods because the didn't get a chance to recover from their injuries before playing again.

I think running the risk of losing one game against an underdone Roosters side is better than running the risk of losing several because players didn't get a chance to recover from niggles before taking the field again.
Tell me when skivvy has never had a niggle.

Updated team lists 1min ago:

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
14 Lewis Brown
5 Tom Trbojevic
6 Dylan Walker
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Josh Starling
9 Matt Parcell
10 Nate Myles