Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 20, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
10 4 Pines Park
28 Jul 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Croker has earned his right to be our starting hooker no doubt. But Segeyaro is perfect to come on when players are tiring. He is older than Croker but faster and sharper. Croker is obviously far superior defensively but if Des uses the interchange smartly they can both be a winning combination for us.
Seggy was faster and sharper before got banned for snorting coke.

He’s played a handful of games in NSW cup and the last 12 mins against a tiring chooks outfit.

The magnificent 7. Several of them hang out with thugs and post images that affiliate them with the thug culture. Whether it be the clothing they wear or their hand signals, yet they can't pull on a Rainbow jersey when they are getting payed top dollar to play for our club. And the other 3 or 4 had a golden opportunity to make their mark in the NRL.
They will be back next week,we are a inclusive club

I am not the only one who wants them gone. Thousands of Manly supporters want these guys gone.
And thousands also feel they’ve been hard done by. Many of us aren’t happy with their views but we wont hold their beliefs against them.

There needs to be communication between said players and someone like Ian roberts, which I’m sure should happen sometime in the near future.

By the looks of it you’ve joined within the last hour just to spread your rhetoric.

Our season is on the line. And next week is a defining game.

The hijack of women in league round has passed and hopefully if the nrl decide to make a pride themed round clubs get together and help educate players of the same faith as our seven.

So you don't think he has learned his lesson. What I saw tonight was a sharp committed addition to our team playing with pride and urgency.
You noticed a guy who hasn’t played in almost three years playing urgently for 12 minutes? Against a tiring outfit.

Every time these 10 guys pull on the Manly jumper from here on in we will be losing young gay supporters who will be heartbroken by their actions
There are many other supporters other than just gay supporters.

I am not the only one who wants them gone. Thousands of Manly supporters want these guys gone
I'm sure there are many people who are unhappy with the players, but I don't know where you got the amount 'thousands'. For most issues there is more than one side. If we are only prepared to look at one side, it's difficult to extract the truth.

Every time these 10 guys pull on the Manly jumper from here on in we will be losing young gay supporters who will be heartbroken by their actions
If 10 people are going to upset them that much,when all the support at the ground tonight and 17 players playing in the jersey with pride , never going to get a perfect world

I have no agenda here. This is real life. Most of you have no idea what it is like growing up in this world as a gay outcast. We are talking young Manly fans here. Don't block them out.
And this is a forum for a rugby league team. Sport should be sport.

Well there have been dozens, if not 100's of posts on here over the last few days discussing this topic. Don't make me out to be creating some off topic discussion.
Then go to those threads and discuss. And this discussion has passed. The game has been played, they stood down for their beliefs. We wore the rainbow strip.

The club stuffed up. The players should be better educated. On to next week.

There are young gay Manly fans who are scared of these thugs with the stand they made.
It's not going to help your case if you continue to label the players as 'thugs'. Why would anyone, of any sexual orientation, be scared of them?

So it is that easy to forgive and forget? Try putting yourself in the shoes of the young gay Manly supporters who this has effected. And believe me there are thousands!
Everyone has things in their lives that they don't like,it's how you manage them you can see the worst in a situation or look for positives, for me there are more positives outcomes from this week than some players who need time and consultation to maybe seeing things differently,you cannot force someone to see it your way

We are talking young gay boys here. You get it? 7,8,9 year olds. Yes believe me you know when you are gay from a very young age
As I mentioned earlier, why not organize a collective and try to arrange a meeting with some of the players. This could be beneficial & educational to all parties

If Ian Roberts were on here he would tell you about all the young gay suicides. Do not ignore it please.
We've been discussing this all week, read some of the 1000 posts on the topic, it hasn't been ignored, far from it.

Game started of well quality wise but turned into a errorfest.
Difference between our head high tackle and the Roosters one was that theirs was deliberate. Seki and Smalley are so slow and stocky. We might as well put Fulton on the wing or bring Tafua back.
The best thing about Morgan Boyle is his hard head. He knocks out at least one opponent every second game with it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8