Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 2, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
21 4 Pines Park
17 Mar 2024 16:05
76:53 minute

Match Stats

It is , honestly it’s far more enjoyable just watching the game and joining the post match thread.
I gotta admit that it does my head in at times too but I love the passion… it is the one thread where you get people parking their brain and just showing unbridled passion for the team in the pressure of the moment…
That of course comes with its downside at times but I have learnt not to take it too serious as I know that I can be an irrational mad c*nt at times too… 🤣🤣🤣

Teddy Flattened.... that will do me. He was barely touched by Turbo. Anyone would think Turbo got away with murder from that write up. I would of thought Teddy's knee to a players head (whom was then sent for a HIA) would better suit the flattened narrative.
Tom stopped and turned with eyes on the ball then Teddy jumped into Tom. Teddy flattened himself.

I gotta admit that it does my head in at times too but I love the passion… it is the one thread where you get people parking their brain and just showing unbridled passion for the team in the pressure of the moment…
That of course comes with its downside at times but I have learnt not to take it too serious as I know that I can be an irrational mad c*nt at times too… 🤣🤣🤣
Yep I certainly sometime park.thay brain away

Ha ha

Much better attitude the 1st 2 games….but DCE was garbage & the Roosters mistakes killed them. That Brooks was far more dangerous than DCE is embarrassing. DCE full of humiliating plays, killed the attack non-stop, and his only idea in attack was a short ball to HO.
But he's always handy to have around for that comfort zone FG tho.

Is anyone else disappointed they’ve ditched playing eagle rock when we run out?! I loved that tradition. Much better than the generic thing they played today and in Vegas. That was the Only disappointing factor of today’s game for me. Other than that it was great to be at brooky for that win.

Ecstatic about the win in front of a sold out Brooky. We've collected two big scalps that are pretty strong premiership favourites coming into this season. We should be pleased. Yes there's stuff to work on, but if we just look at the positives:

• Aloiai and Paseka dominating the middle together
  • Competition for spots espeically in the middle is making our forwards climb to another level
  • Tolu getting even more dangerous and making clean breaks
  • Haumole being the most damaging ball runner in the world right now
  • We are FIT
  • Turbo's workrate is out of this world, he is everywhere and involved everything
  • Brooks another classy performance
  • Faced adversity at certain points of the game, with dissallowed tries and being behind on the scoreboard and on momentum but still managed to compose ourselves and assert our dominance back
  • Beating a very stacked side and doing it comfortably, scoreline flattered them, we left 3 tries on the board

I mean so much to be happy about. Our edge defence does need to get better in our goal-line and in my opinion Chez hasn't had the best start to the season. Headless chook habits kind of creeping back into his game, playing very stop start and frantic. In Vegas, kick and error after the Saab break and kick inside our 30 with 10 mins to go and only 10 points up are two very crucial mistakes that could've messed us up. Needs to calm himself, he simplified his game and cut that nonsense out, that's why he was so good last year.

But other than that let's move forward and watch this team grow, it's exciting, the hype is real this year.

Is anyone else disappointed they’ve ditched playing eagle rock when we run out?! I loved that tradition. Much better than the generic thing they played today and in Vegas. That was the Only disappointing factor of today’s game for me. Other than that it was great to be at brooky for that win.
Very much so and totally agree! Note to Manly: please explain?

Thankfully the rain stayed away and it was a great atmosphere at a packed Brookie today. (However, Eagle Rock was conspicuous by it's absence.)

Paseka and Aloiai set the tone from the first hit-up
Paseka had his best game ever
Brown made an impact when he came on and there was no ill-discipline with JWH or Radley, which I had half expected
What a difference Brooks has made to the team and its only round 2
We weren't overly fazed by their tall wingers
Talau did a reasonable job of replacing Saab, until injured

Very happy to get the win over a big and talented team as the Roosters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8