Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 18, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
18 4 Pines Park
02 Jul 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

So happy I got my birthday wish today...a Manly win! A real heart stopper at the end but a win's a win & it certainly made my day!

Hope JWH pays for Sips' eye gouging. I thought Haumole was taken out twice at crucial times but Cummins was play on & nothing from the bunker. Thankful we have DCE, had several good players today & Jake, Ben & Tuilagi all had great comeback games.

Awesome crowd & it was so good at Brookie. Go Manly!

Lol just watched the Easts presser. Have a cry Robbo Lol
Yeah typical moaning pri<k…..referring Roosters were hard done by in the 2nd half coz it was 7 zip restarts & penalties! Calling Manly the perfect team…..stupid <unt! Maybe his fu<king Roosters are just ill disciplined. Radley head high, JWH eye gouging…no mention of that. Fu<k him as much as anyone can be Fu<ked!!!!

I
Shu seemed a bit off it but did what he needed to do, I don't think he cost us negatively - if not for having a quiet game. Parker was average tbh, and I say that as a fan of the future Immortal, got stood up a number of times on the outside. I don't know if that's because of the defensive structures we run or what.

I could be wrong but isn't that side of the field which has been pretty bad all season as far as defense goes? Maybe something to work on, along with our 20m attacking plays.

Decent win overall, I put that down to DCE dominating. Anyway no one will remember the specfics and it keeps us in touch with the 8, happy days for now.
Interesting take. I was at the game and thought Parker did a great job. Yes, he got beaten once or twice (players with footwork seem to worry him) but for the most part, did his job defensively and made that break for our first try.

H
So happy I got my birthday wish today...a Manly win! A real heart stopper at the end but a win's a win & it certainly made my day!

Hope JWH pays for Sips' eye gouging. I thought Haumole was taken out twice at crucial times but Cummins was play on & nothing from the bunker. Thankful we have DCE, had several good players today & Jake, Ben & Tuilagi all had great comeback games.

Happy Birthday! I spent my birthday at Brookie this year too Vs. Storm. Glad they got the win for you!

I

Interesting take. I was at the game and thought Parker did a great job. Yes, he got beaten once or twice (players with footwork seem to worry him) but for the most part, did his job defensively and made that break for our first try.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting beaten by Manu, he is a superstar. As you said he did a great job.

Yeah but being at the game it was so obvious their enthusiasm was far greater than ours for 65mins of the game. More line speed, harder running, more effort. They lacked skill but showed way more heart. We decided to start playing hard at the 65min mark. I think the better team lost tonight IMO.

Agree, the difference in line speed between the two sides was ridiculous.

Happy Birthday ALinda.

What to make of this win here:

* we seriously lack shape in the backline. DCE being a superstar player keeps us competitive be he can’t do all this himself. Schuster runs good shape but he is too slow to threaten the line. We need Schuster as a lock, but who can replace him in the halves?. The rest of them are pedestrian at best - John’s, Arthur

* Tuipolotu need to trust Parker more. Him coming in from the wing let two tries in.

* not much impact through the middle. We actually need Keppie back. I’m not a big fan of Sipley a bit one dimensional, he is best off the bench.

* Burbo will be important to us

* Koula needs to do more!

NYEagle

Every week teams rush up on DCE / Shuster who have zero time or a split second to pass.
We need a running 9 who can scoot from dummy half for 20 minutes or so in a game. Having Croker play the full 80 minutes makes life hard for the halves, since teams know the ball will go through their hands 100 percent of the time. Bringing in GCKT or sign some natural 9 from another club to do this, will make teams think twice about rushing up.

Everyone raves about Gordon, and sure he impressed in the trials. But if you've seen Blacktown playing this year you'll know that while he's good at dummy half ... his defence up the middle needs a LOT of work and really is not up to first grade standard.

Froggy is a pass first, run second type of dummy half ... but right now I'd trust his defence a whole lot more than I would trust GCKT's.

I wouldn't mind getting more of a look at Tuilugi in the middle. One of our best today. We need a more mobile pack. He show a bit more than an can only play on an edge today.

If Tuilagi consistently played more like he did yesterday and less like a Wests Tigers forward ... I for one wouldn't have a problem with him because he was actually good today.

I think it was easily his best game in a Manly jumper. Hopefully we see more of it from him.

I know that as a centre, Brad Parker is more of a left side player than he is a right side player. But I think we'd be better served with Tolu Koula playing outside of Schuster than Parker.

With Koula's pace he should be an attacking weapon and on the same side as Shoe, we've seen that in recent weeks. On the right inside of Saab and Cherry he doesn't see as much open space or kicks in behind where he can use his speed.

Cherry, Haumole and Parker setting up Saab's speed on the right and Schuster doing the same with Koula on the left would actually make both of our edges speed dangerous. Right now with Parker and Tippy Toes, our left edge is slugs.

Don't get me wrong, I think Parker had a good game mostly and while commentators gushed over Manu's try ... it was Manu who Parker palmed off to start the ball rolling for our first try. But I do think we'd be better served having Koula's speed on one side and Saab's on the other. Both on the same side can work, but gets heavily defended.

Last edited:

Happy belated Birthday to YOU!

:gift::gift:🍰🎂

Everyone raves about Gordon, and sure he impressed in the trials. But if you've seen Blacktown playing this year you'll know that while he's good at dummy half ... his defence up the middle needs a LOT of work and really is not up to first grade standard.

Froggy is a pass first, run second type of dummy half ... but right now I'd trust his defence a whole lot more than I would trust GCKT's.

This is possibly the reason they have been humphries a run at 9.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8