Pre-Game Manly v Roosters [Finals Week 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

42 6
BB Print Stadium
17 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Is this the first finals meeting since we were robbed in the 2013 GF?

If there is any justice, we deserve fair treatment at a minimum.
If you are talking about just against the Chooks then yes. If not then nope:

2014 Finals Week 2 - Manly 17 Bulldogs 18

2017 Finals Week 1 - Manly 10 Panthers 22

2019 Finals Week 2 - Rabbits 34 Manly 26

Is it confirmed that Manly v Chooks is the Friday game?
NRL site this morning has both games as TBC v TBC.
I hope we do play Friday, it's a small advantag

I think it was just a burner, unless it’s major damage he’ll play needled up.
I think it's the A/C joint, same problem as Cleary, he certainly needle up, but one tackle and it could be over for the game

Verrills, the first-choice No.9, was hit with a grade two careless high tackle for a shot on Brian Kelly and will need to beat the charge to be free for Friday night’s showdown with the Sea Eagles. The Roosters plan to fight it at the judiciary on Tuesday.

The Roosters can ill afford to lose Verrills, the first try-scorer in the 2019 grand final, but have Ben Marschke and Freddy Lussick as stand-by options.

If you are talking about just against the Chooks then yes. If not then nope:

2014 Finals Week 2 - Manly 17 Bulldogs 18

2017 Finals Week 1 - Manly 10 Panthers 22

2019 Finals Week 2 - Rabbits 34 Manly 26
We got shafted in all three of those semi finals.
2014, Hodkinson kick a field goal with Josh Reynolds in an off side position involved in the play.
2017 had a fair try taken away for offside, which it wasn't.
2019, Jake sin binned for SFA when we were 10? In front

Yeah me too, given the doom and gloom on here over the last 48 hours.

I'm reliably informed we are no chance, mainly because of Parker, Harper, Marty and Dessies terrible selection policy.

Oh, and our lack of speed, and lack of international players in all 17 positions.
Yeah, they want Suli to replace Harper now, apparently.

We got shafted in all three of those semi finals.
2014, Hodkinson kick a field goal with Josh Reynolds in an off side position involved in the play.
2017 had a fair try taken away for offside, which it wasn't.
2019, Jake sin binned for SFA when we were 10? In front
yep make it our last FOUR finals exits have been of a controversial call:

2013- forward pass
2014- Reynolds offside, ref changing his call after the ball hit him
2017- Peachey touching the ball but still try was allowed
2019- Jake sin bin

These 4 incidents have permanently scarred me and make me so scared of the possibility that the trend can continue especially against a chooks team that gets quite the calls. NRL will really be wanting that rabbits roosters prelim especially with the storyline of their last battle a few weeks ago. I really pray we do not get dudded but I am sooooo nervous about that, always in the back of my mind.

He controls the ruck with Jake - absolutely must start.

Agree he needs more ball control and to fire up.
Our issue early was similar to last year. Even though we had the awesome one two punch of afb and marty to start , we regularly had minimal ball early and there impact was diminished.having them come off we 3 runs and 19 tackles for there first stint

For years we have had issues in this area

Gassed and replaced before we warm up to the task.

Combination for mine. And I subscribe to more the point we took turbo out due to awful play rather than the Storm. He also played poorly by knocking on on the first tackle, poor poor pass to Garrick etc. he got rattled for sure. We complete sone sets v Easts and I think we will win well. Saab won’t be an aerial target v tupou tho
The Storm defended very well,line speed ,kick chase they were all over us, Walker made an impact and I thought Turbo could have got on the back of that but he wasn't involved much, I thought he may have picked up a injury. Roosters are a good defensive side right across the park ,I am Starting to think we should bring Sifly back in for more punch up the middle

Whimsical Team Selection

Walker's form has been good so promote him to centre to sharpen our attack. A defensive right edge of Saab, Walker & Haumole should handle Tupou, Keighran & Crighton well. Play Schuster off the bench to inject impact. Rotate five props to increase go forward. According to the cliche - we win the forward battle, we win the match.
  1. Turbo
  2. Saab
  3. Parker
  4. Walker
  5. Garrick
  6. Foran
  7. DCE
  8. Paseka
  9. Croker
  10. Marty
  11. Haumole
  12. Keppie
  13. Jake
  14. Lawton
  15. Schuster
  16. Sipley
  17. Aloiai

At this late stage it's hard to imagine Des making a radical change, when having Lawton and Walker on the bench seems to have been something we've been working at for quite a while. However we do have options, which is good.
Including Haumole off the bench, or Schu, they've both done it before.
A lot may depend on whether Croker has recovered.
Team selection announcement tomorrow will certainly be interesting.

Whimsical Team Selection

Walker's form has been good so promote him to centre to sharpen our attack. A defensive right edge of Saab, Walker & Haumole should handle Tupou, Keighran & Crighton well. Play Schuster off the bench to inject impact. Rotate five props to increase go forward. According to the cliche - we win the forward battle, we win the match.
  1. Turbo
  2. Saab
  3. Parker
  4. Walker
  5. Garrick
  6. Foran
  7. DCE
  8. Paseka
  9. Croker
  10. Marty
  11. Haumole
  12. Keppie
  13. Jake
  14. Lawton
  15. Schuster
  16. Sipley
  17. Aloiai
I think if they’re going to make a change in the centres,it can only be Suli in.Not sure what Walker’s done in the middle is enough to even keep his place there let alone come in for two players,Harper and Suli.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10