Post-Game Discussion Manly V Raiders [Round 9, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Raiders
24 4 Pines Park
03 May 2024 18:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Dolphins, Broncos and Storm next 3 games, yeah good luck with that.

And probably get pushed by the bye the week after.

When you **** up on the footy field.

The first thing you have to do is FIX IT.

Tonight just showed our weak under belly.

We just need to. FIX IT.

That bye comments pretty good. 😆

Scrum 30 m out with 3 min to go and we foul up the 1st tackle play. Lodge , Waddell fumbles 10 m out from our line under no pressure. 1st tackle 10 m out from their line throw the ball over the sideline. Everyone of those dumb , stupid plays was from our lack of leadership. We are the dumbest team in the competition.

Really how come poorly coached mate? Up 20-0 and that bs in the second. Not sure that’s in the coach.
We have no D. D wins matches when it matters. 11th worst defence against some pretty poor sides.
What have we actually achieved this year so far? We beat south's who are coming last. We beat a very hot and cold roosters. We lost to Parramatta and St merge. We beat a clearyless panthers, drew with the Wahs, just beat the titans in a points off, beat a clueless parra thanks to sivo and now tonight.
Seibold is clueless. There is enough talent in that side to be doing much much better.

Scrum 30 m out with 3 min to go and we foul up the 1st tackle play. Lodge , Waddell fumbles 10 m out from our line under no pressure. 1st tackle 10 m out from their line throw the ball over the sideline. Everyone of those dumb , stupid plays was from our lack of leadership. We are the dumbest team in the competition.
Could we have a leader that has an opportunity to work on his composure and how that influences his team.

Lawton going next year, is Humphrey, Chan Kum there or should we pick up Granville on one year deal off the bench?

We have no D. D wins matches when it matters. 11th worst defence against some pretty poor sides.
What have we actually achieved this year so far? We beat south's who are coming last. We beat a very hot and cold roosters. We lost to Parramatta and St merge. We beat a clearyless panthers, drew with the Wahs, just beat the titans in a points off, beat a clueless parra thanks to sivo and now tonight.
Seibold is clueless. There is enough talent in that side to be doing much much better.
No game is easy mate and a wins a win in this comp. Let’s not minimize the ones we’ve taken. Tonight was an abomination no argument but we are still heavily in the 8. Next couple of games will be interesting to see how we respond. I don’t believe this is all on the coaching. That said I’d like to see Garrick out of centre and the coach keeps picking him there.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 24
Raiders: 26

441295168_1037094871182094_3370215979021255945_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

laughing-lol.gif

frustrated-clipart-tumultuous-4.png

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

441259527_1037059691185612_4020823519898717066_n.jpg

440936768_1037054564519458_6711171141167811805_n.jpg

Press Print & Video Articles:

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:
  • Nathan Brown was placed on report at game time 32:50 following a penalty at game time 32:42 for a hip drop on Canberra player Josh Papalii.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made the oldest mistake in rugby league
Get a healthy lead
Start playing soft sideways footy, looking for the easy route and expecting to score playing pretty footy without earning the right
Seibold needs to get some Penrith tapes from the past 3-4 years and sit the players down to watch a champion team get a 20 point lead, yet stick the foot on the throat winning the collisions and keep going hard till they tear the opposition's hearts out.....this Manly side invited a willing team back into the contest and Canberra were hungrier and more aggressive, gifting them an unlikely victory and showing exactly why we are still way off the pace in 2024

It was tough stewing in the car all the way home from the game. Certainly when we got out to a lead it felt more like the Raiders handing us the game. But then we started playing like we have in earlier games where we get our heads up our backsides and think we can just throw the ball around like there's no tomorrow. I'm not sure if it's arrogance or stupidity.

This has always been my gripe with Chez. As good as he can be, controlling games and setting the tone for the other players is always something that's been rocks and diamonds. I don't think the defence was terrible (it can certainly be better for sure), it was the stupid mistakes that killed us.

After the Raiders handing us the game early, it was like we said - no thanks, you have it.

Some individuals were not great again tonight. Tom just isn't the player he was. I still want him in the side but I can't work out what the issue is. He's certainly not Origin level. And when the heck are we going to see Paseka running on to the ball with steam?? He was flat footed all night tonight. Sips looked injured (and apparently he is and will probably be out), Brown might have to rethink his Kamikaze runs coz it also looks like he's in trouble with another injury. I think the opposition forwards are now just waiting to belt him. In fact, all the forwards lacked fire tonight. Lodge lumbering in but there was anything in the belly. I think he's Sampson in reverse with the new hair.

It also didn't help that Garrick had an off night with the boot. That happens. I'm more concerned with him playing in the centres. And even though Talua was solid again tonight, he's not a top tier winger. We need Garrick to go back to wing and bring in a quality centre.

Actually, we just need a huge kick up the A*se.

Ok thanks, I needed a rant. Good thing is, you can just scroll on.

Made the oldest mistake in rugby league
Get a healthy lead
Start playing soft sideways footy, looking for the easy route and expecting to score playing pretty footy without earning the right
Seibold needs to get some Penrith tapes from the past 3-4 years and sit the players down to watch a champion team get a 20 point lead, yet stick the foot on the throat winning the collisions and keep going hard till they tear the opposition's hearts out.....this Manly side invited a willing team back into the contest and Canberra were hungrier and more aggressive, gifting them an unlikely victory and showing exactly why we are still way off the pace in 2024
Could it just be - the manly way?

Just watch tonight's presser and Dalys face when Seibolds speaks openly and says it like it is.

The words might be subtle but you can't tell me our Daly doesn't appreciate that the coach is having a dig at him.

Dam Seibs is impressive.

I watched the game at the ground today as a guest of the Trbojevic Family and sat with Ben and Toms partners and John and Mel.

It was the first game I had managed to get to in years and probably the first my Dad had been to in about 10 or more.

Disappointing result and all the action happened down the other end, the family sits in the Bob Fulton Stand. Although the result wasn't what we wanted, theres plenty of room to improve on and things for us to change. Two of their tries were very lucky and mostly off silly mistakes.

Wanted to say thanks to John and Mel for the invite and hope to catch a winning game with them soon, had a jersey for them to sign for my young bloke but because of the loss the boys went straight to the sheds, though Chez and Koula came over.

The Trbojevic family are absolute great people and a credit to the club.

(The invite came because the family had their car stuck out on the street at my parents house, and my dad went down with his 4wd and yanked them out of the spot they were in and they repaid by offering that invite.)

Anyway sad we didnt win but great to get out there again

Just watch tonight's presser and Dalys face when Seibolds speaks openly and says it like it is.

The words might be subtle but you can't tell me our Daly doesn't appreciate that the coach is having a dig at him.

Dam Seibs is impressive.
He’s certainly an impressive salesman,when does he become an impressive coach,or at the very least,impressive at coaching defence?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10