Post-Game Discussion Manly v Raiders [Round 4, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Raiders
25 Glen Willow Stadium
02 Apr 2022 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

Such a boring uninspiring game to watch, not impressed at all. Other than Tom constantly trying to inject thrust and effort into our go forward everything else looked run of the mill intensity and training drill low quality spreads.(other than DCE nailing some good kicking which was the major difference and Foran playing direct and taking on the line which he has done well this year in that regard)

The good thing is 2/2 is a much better foundation to work off than last year but our performances have been trash even in the wins.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Aloiai was big difference, game has simply changed gone back to arm wrestles

Every year is a lottery with the NRL.

How can clubs plan rosters when the rules change, or are interpreted differently each year (round)?

Every game has been a return to wrestle, except for our Thursday night opener vs Penrith.
The NRL clearly gave direction to adjudicate differently after that match.

Karshy

Reserve Grader
Such a boring uninspiring game to watch, not impressed at all. Other than Tom constantly trying to inject thrust and effort into our go forward everything else looked run of the mill intensity and training drill low quality spreads.(other than DCE nailing some good kicking which was the major difference and Foran playing direct and taking on the line which he has done well this year in that regard)

The good thing is 2/2 is a much better foundation to work off than last year but our performances have been trash even in the wins.
Yeah! How dare they not win the premiership in round 4!

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Reading a bit of discontent in the team. The discussion from Saab after raiders knocked on twice and bombed a try from their little chip over there.

Too much discussions ms too much heat. Looks like we are lacking all over cohesion and leadership. With that said, we won that off the back of dce he absolutely turned and controlled they game, pure captain's knock.

It bodes well for when things start to gel and as I had to remind my underlings the ladder means nothing right now.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member

Lots of room to improve in attack but our defence looks good. Only conceding 1 try is impressive.

Mac Man

Reserve Grader
Well done to DCE and the Lads. Top effort but loads of improvement still needed. That should keep us happy for one more week at least. I am surprised Ricky didn't chuck some chairs in the end.

Remy

shuu
Very happy with the win. Wasn't our 2021 typa game, but I'm just loving the week-to-week improvement. Like there's an upward trajectory and learning going on there and I appreciate that as a fan. Josh Aloiai is on mfkn mission man. I knew he would come out like this. I just know after his wrist injury, he was poor, got in a lot of MRC issues, Des didn't play him in the trials, like, I knew he was going to come out on beast mode to prove himself. He added that mongrel we needed, I want him to start with Paseka, so Nella can bounce off that energy.

Remy

shuu
DCE was exceptional, already getting all the wraps. Just simplify ur game Chez, and that's how you unlock your true ability. Very happy with our goal-line defense, don't let it be overlooked, keeping them to 6 with the amount of territory they had is fantastic. Very confident about our chances against Newcastle on Thursday.

Remy

shuu
How good was Tolu btw? Like put it into perspective, yea he had trials and already debuted. But this kid is like 20 years old and has had all that pre-season hype on him and he comes and just puts in a very professional performance. Like he's been playing FG for ages. Picked his moments, ran the ball well, defended very impressively, and just looked up for it all game. I want him permanently in the side because seeing him grow to what he can become is scary to think about. Personally, would like him to stay left center and Parker comes for Harper in the right. Balances the edges defensively and gives Saab the help he needs (even though Harper stood tall today).

But because we won and Harper improved, it'll just go back to Harper Parker normal center combo :(

Eagle 1

First Grader
Big improvement from the Bulldogs game, our forwards dominated led by Alioi. Thought Marty's 2nd half was the Marty of old, gets to start again next Thursday. Tent went better the longer the game went, if only he could summon his inner Hass. What happened to Keppie injury or got hooked by Des, probably the later. Schuster not far away now, good problems to have.

Class of 96

Bencher

You must be so much fun at a party.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
you just got owned mate, is that all you got?
1648922395311.jpeg

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Looking at tom's try. It was about 1 metre in from touch.

Garrick's tee set up was about 15 cm's in from touch. Not sure if rubes was told where or likes that spot better, but anyway...keep an eye out rubes.

Remember when sCam took a ball about 2 metres in from the touchline instead of near the touchline?
I do..he is a big yuck.

I think Marty copped a shoulder charge running back from after that tom try as well. But as it wasn't a dramatic result...no one picked it up.

I think for the Raiders, too many red heads in the side. wotcha think @Ranga?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16