Game Day: Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 2, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Freagle

Bencher
This will be the real test of whether Nate can step up and still do the business... He got very limited game time last week, looked willing enough but usual story of limited speed at the line. We need an Origin-like performance for him here, including the trademark 'headbutt' tackle. Probably on Sam Burgess, but I'm not fussy.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
can we get Jason King out of retirement ... he taught the Burgii about maroon & white steel ...
https://www.silvertails.net/threads/jason-king-opens-up-on-war-of-words-with-rabbitohs.44517/
It's alright, nightster - we don't need Kingy. Siroju©™ (see, I got you covered, Freagle) was on the back page of the "Manly Daily" today saying that he and Frank Winterstein would step up to carry the load of Taupau and AFB, so we're all sorted. And if you can't put your faith in Siroju©™ and Frankenstein… wait, how does that sentence end?

Fluffy

Journey Man
Based on round 1 we will win

We have lost 2 props, souths Inglis but may welcome back Reynolds.

If they do get him back we need to run as much traffic at him as possible in the first 30 as his fitness will be a problem.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's alright, nightster - we don't need Kingy. Siroju©™ (see, I got you covered, Freagle) was on the back page of the "Manly Daily" today saying that he and Frank Winterstein would step up to carry the load of Taupau and AFB, so we're all sorted. And if you can't put your faith in Siroju©™ and Frankenstein… wait, how does that sentence end?

Usually with a full stop.

Go Manly. :)

Simonmyers11

First Grader
We should win this comfortably. Souths attack is garbage especially without Reynolds and Inglis. We were good last week in defence, all we need to do is play for 80 mins and cut out the stupid handling errors. 50% of possession and we win this easy

Mitch

Bencher
Fair chance Reynolds will play given the tweet below from a journo at training.

Adam Reynolds now in full-contact for the @SSFCRABBITOHS at training today. Looked fairly comfortable in defence too. #NRL

HappilyManly

Journey Man
The defense was so good last week, and I'm excited about the newbies and how they slot in :)

Someone drop an elbow into Reynolds stomach and he'll stop his long kicks quick smart. No MRC, no fine just good old fashioned footy :devil:

Manly 13+

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Even with Reynolds and Inglis in they ain't that good. We should win this one. Manly 28-10.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
This is the game where Myles will be scrutinized .
He is a high paid recruit to help rebuild the club
This is the game where our club that pays him the big money will expect him to earn it with a big match.
This is the game where he will have to prove and justify his worth to the club.
If Maguire has the balls to drop the under performing Burgess Boys to NSW cup then Barrett can do the same if Myles or Brown do not aim up this week .
This is the game where Myles and Brown have to perform like teenagers on heat and if they cant stand the NRL heat they play in the second division
images.jpg

Last edited:

Bencher
I don't see Inglis as a great loss. Who replaces him needs to have heavy attention put on him. With or without Reynolds, Souths are ordinary at best. Having Sirro and Frank stepping up and trying to win a starting spot is the key. I see us winning by plenty if we don't get complacent.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Why have we got Cullen & Brown on the bench? Also, when did Reynolds become a player to be feared? Aside from his goal kicking, he's got nfi.

With 4 props missing and back rowers like Lane and Kennedy expected to fill that void from the bench, I think Brown will be used primarily as a forward which will probably mean he'll see more game time as a back rower (God help us.....). I'd say that Cullen is the bench hooker / utility player.

Unfortunately, with 4 props MIA, what we have left is fringe back rowers to fill front row spots for a couple of weeks.

How in hell does that happen? We're only one game into the damn season and we're already being forced to use back rowers as props because of injury and suspension.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How in hell does that happen? We're only one game into the damn season and we're already being forced to use back rowers as props because of injury and suspension.
Probably have to expect to be without 3 at some stage of the season, but 4 is a bit unlucky. Added to which - we released one a month before kickoff without replacing him, leaving us short.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The Scouts motto rings true.....

Be prepared.

Losing 4 props at once was probably never thought of when it came to any contingency plans.

Then there is the added bonus of basically having a 23 man squad for the year due to Snake and Skivy's retirements.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Having Sirro and Frank stepping up and trying to win a starting spot is the key. I see us winning by plenty if we don't get complacent.

Problem is, they don't have to step up to win their starting spots because they've already got them. They started round one and will start for the foreseeable future because, really, who's going to replace them? Especially with Prop Crisis 2017 underway.

Fluffy

Journey Man
The Scouts motto rings true.....

Be prepared.

Losing 4 props at once was probably never thought of when it came to any contingency plans.

Then there is the added bonus of basically having a 23 man squad for the year due to Snake and Skivy's retirements.

Scouts don't have a salary cap or Toddy trying to fark them over.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16