Post-Game Discussion Manly v Penrith [Round 24, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Panthers
12 4 Pines Park
10 Aug 2023 19:50
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Tonight was an absolute shambles.

Penrith were off - they were way off in fact.

The game was there to be won.

We needed to get into the grind rather than kick the ball away on tackle one.

Can't wait to hear Siebold.
1691668820557.png

I usually stick up for Schuster but tonight he reminds me of the flashy kid with all the moves playing touch at the park with the rest of the kids without a care in the world.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 12
Panthers: 24

366365808_863283728563210_9127033015926656468_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

366206775_863316125226637_8672217525877347961_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Shock NRL ploy backfires spectacularly

‘What a balls up’: NRL controversy explodes

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Dean Matterson was placed On Report for a Dangerous Tackle on Liam Martin at 40:27 and now awaits a call from the match review committee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually stick up for Schuster but tonight he reminds me of the flashy kid with all the moves playing touch at the park with the rest of the kids without a care in the world.

If we had a Melbourne, Panthers, Broncos team around him, he'd be getting accolades, trust me. Schuster is a provider. When you're providing to.....well....let's just say not the greatest receivers, there's not much else anyone can do.

Hope Seibold brings up all the knock on's missed by Sutton and the bunker bunnies.
Siebold was so happy he was grinning from ear to ear. He must have said how proud he was ten times. It got a bit awkward at the end when a reporter asked - "at 12 all you were right in the game, then you kicked on tackle one and the Panthers run 60 metres to score. Can you understand why Manly supporters threw their arms in the air and asked what the hell is going on?"

If we had a Melbourne, Panthers, Broncos team around him, he'd be getting accolades, trust me. Schuster is a provider. When you're providing to.....well....let's just say not the greatest receivers, there's not much else anyone can do.
Or, to have Paseka, Lodge and Tommy around him would be just as good.

Or, to have Paseka, Lodge and Tommy around him would be just as good.

Mmmm, I don't want to sound argumentative mate (that's not my intention), but while I agree with Tommy, the other two - they are the same as what we had tonight (big, lumbering, power forwards) - who are okay - but I reckon you can only carry two to three tops.

Then you need forwards like Leota, Leniu, Martin, JFH, Yeo - blokes that go at 100 miles an hour, aggressive, energetic, mobile. I love Jake, but I honestly don't think he'd make the Panthers side given their profile of forwards.

Yeah, I've backed this kid to the hilt but tonight did it for me. I don't know what's going on in his head but he's playing like he has either zero confidence and doesn't know what to do or he just isn't up to it. I just wanted him to take the line on once with some venom and I never saw any real interest. He is simply catching and passing or doing crazy kick aheads instead of just taking a tackle. It's the 1st time I've dropped the F bomb out loud in the Stand when he did that (I dropped a 2nd one when Garrick kicked that ball) and it just said to me that he just isn't up to making rational footy decisions.

I was thinking that he seriously needs to go away and reinvent himself and Arthurs should be brought in for the 3 games. But then I thought, you know what, he needs to be put in the forwards next week and show the team that he has some ticker at least. There would be no escaping next week if Seibold does that. Being at the game, I don't know what the reports are for Ben but if he's out, I'd be throwing him in the deep end next week and see if he's up to the challenge. Jake and Croker will not stand for any lazy BS and if he spits the dummy, then his career is in big trouble.

Man, I've never been so disappointed in a Manly player.

Last edited:
I'll answer that with this (this is how you embrace realism) - and provide accountability. Anyone who says they are proud of tonight's effort? I question their loyalty and dedication to our club:

I find the ‘embracing realism’ comment to be ironic. Penrith were paying $1.10 and we were paying $7.10 for a reason. Great team vs also rans. It’s where we are at whether we like it or not.

We don’t have a complete roster at full fitness, let alone an injury crisis so losing by 12 is not that bad. We tried. I love the club regardless.

That went better than I expected.

Panthers were a bit out of sorts (I think our style of play threw them a bit, but more so they missed their 9 and 6) and we tried something different instead of of one out hits which made it slightly more enjoyable to watch than the flogging I thought we were going to get.

Schu....I'm actually more worried about his mental state than his fitness. He seemed lost out there.

This time last year we gave up the fight long before the final whistle.....that was the biggest change for me.

Yeah, I've backed this kid to the hilt but tonight did it for me. I don't know what's going on in his head but he's playing like he has either zero confidence and doesn't know what to do or he just isn't up to it. I just wanted him to take the line on once with some venom and I never saw any real interest. He is simply catching and passing or doing crazy kick aheads instead of just taking a tackle. It's the 1st time I've dropped the F bomb out loud in the Stand when he did that (I dropped a 2nd one when Garrick kicked that ball) and it just said to me that he just isn't up to making rational footy decisions.

I was thinking that he seriously needs to go away and reinvent himself and Arthurs should be brought in for the 3 games. But then I thought, you know what, he needs to be put in the forwards next week and show the team that he has some ticker at least. There would be no escaping next week if Seibold does that. Being at the game, I don't what the reports are for Ben but if he's out, I'd be throwing him in the deep end next week and see if he's up to the challenge. Jake and Croker will not stand for any lazy BS and if he spits the dummy, then his career is in big trouble.

Man, I've never been so disappointed in a Manly player.
Ben and Brad both out next week.

You could get 2 of those type of players for the price of 1 Luke Brooks.
Where would you get those players from? I don't see anyone available like that or for that money. I'm not saying we shouldn't try and get those sort of players but we can't just pull them out of our backside.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8