Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This is it

I was there when the tigers gave us nothing and destroyed us at brookvale oval 2 weeks ago, then I travelled last week to ANZ, well that was embarrassing to say the least.

Tonight I again travel to brookvale oval just down the road again to see the boys play..more confident than other weeks don't know why ..think us by 13+.

If we don't win tonight then our draw coming up roosters broncos storm raiders all away could very easily be another month until we have a chance of winning again.

I will be there tonight supporting the boys, I really don't care if we don't win( I would love that though) I just want to see the boys have some pride in our jersey tonight and stand up and be counted.

Manly forever!!!

We need:
Croker to magically turn into a game manager.
DCE to play to his ability.
The forwards to bang crash bang crash.
Walker to return to form.
Jake to be Jake again.
Hold onto the ball.
The gumption to get the **** over the guaranteed early tsunami of penalties.
No injuries.
No poo game time - take that as you will.
Easy peasy!
Manly by plenty!!
Jayzuzzzz ure right... We have no hope making all that happen. Im wearing maroon and white tonite whilst putting $20 on the Knights 13+ :p

We need:
Croker to magically turn into a game manager.
DCE to play to his ability.
The forwards to bang crash bang crash.
Walker to return to form.
Jake to be Jake again.
Hold onto the ball.
The gumption to get the **** over the guaranteed early tsunami of penalties.
No injuries.
No poo game time - take that as you will.
Easy peasy!
Manly by plenty!!

Worst pep talk ever. I’m ready to jump off the nearest bridge. Just as well I’m a Manly fan so I’m too lazy to go on a bridge...

After being at the last 2 losses, together with all the misery recently, I'm hoping today will be 3rd time lucky. Go Manly....please!

Last week was tough to be at live but let's hope our night tonight is a better one.

I would love the boys to put in an effort worthy of a standing ovation rather than a chorus of boos.

Enjoy the game!!

Sadly we are no chance again. This team will all think that they just need to turn up because Pearce is out. Between their attitude, the absence of a game plan from the coach and the usual input from the referees this is a much of a certainty as last weekend was.

Ridiculous price. Even money about right with knights slight favourites in my book. Knights knocked off tigers last start and I seem to remember we faired fairly ordinary against them.

Pearce is s loss but Watson a tough player.
Forwards are far more mobile than ours so middle defence needs to be tight, particularly if they get a run of penalties which seems certain.

Their backrowers Fitzgibbon and Barnett run great lines off the short pass in the red zone so they will try to isolate Croker , Kelly and c0 on our line with the pass out the back to Ponga being another option.
Tom needs to track Ponga like a hawk. He will eat up in goal grubbers if Tom is lazy at the back. Will be a good bet he scores off a kick.

Hooker dangerous close to line .

We need to control the ball and play second phase off AFB and Marty’s go forward. Try to get early ball to Kelly and Walker. With room they are hard to handle.DCE in for a big game tonight I think.

Knights by 6. Just hope we play with a good attitude regardless of the result.

Last edited:
Worst pep talk ever. I’m ready to jump off the nearest bridge. Just as well I’m a Manly fan so I’m too lazy to go on a bridge...
All doable, except maybe Croker.
And, if they need a pep talk after being booed at home last time,then there's no chance.

I know it’s sacrilege to tip against your own side but I’m thinking of changing, how about you @mave or mores the point the uncatchable @Fibro Eagle ( although he’s so far in front of me now it doesn’t really matter).

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8