Post-Game Discussion Manly v Knights [Round 5, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Knights
32 Glen Willow Stadium
01 Apr 2023 15:00
89:09 minute

Match Stats

We are so lucky to even come away with a draw after that absolute s#!t show.

Unfortunately after two golden point matches in a row, penrith won in a canter last night and have an extra day turn around... I think we will get absolutely pumped next week.
40 + win for them next week sadly.
We look so shot after today.
No way we match Panthers at home next week.
I know it's a draw but feel like that was a more of a loss today.

Emotions aside I think we will be happy with 1 point if you look at the players we have lost - Schu and Koula before the game, Tui and Burbo in the game, Crocker playing on 1 shoulder. This should give some guys a go in 1st grade - Vaega will come in for Tui, Sipley comes into the bench which gives a bigger sized bench.

We should have finished this off but Knights played it smart and attacked with their best attacking options against our weaker defensive side of Parker/Garrick.

We are not far off from a full 80 minutes, the Bye came at the wrong time for us and now we need to build momentum again.

Harper should never be near 1st grade ever again. Absolute turnstile in defense and can't pass to his winger EVER. Cooper is not a first grader. Put Weekes to 5/8 for fuksake.
Dumbest coaching decisions. Wait till 65 min to pit our only decent attacking option on. Then he creates 2 tries to get us ahead then takes him off. We did everything to throw this fuking game away from coaches to players.

Very exciting ending. Credit to our team for recovering from 16-28 down. We will need to improve 100% to beat Penrith. Weekes needs to play more minutes. If Burbo is out next week, wonder if Samuela will be promoted?

Harper should never be near 1st grade ever again. Absolute turnstile in defense and can't pass to his winger EVER. Cooper is not a first grader. Put Weekes to 5/8 for fuksake.
Dumbest coaching decisions. Wait till 65 min to pit our only decent attacking option on. Then he creates 2 tries to get us ahead then takes him off. We did everything to throw this fuking game away from coaches to players.
I think you'll find Parker missed more tackles....I'm done with these 2 centres. We can't win a comp with Parker...end of story

Only saw the first half, but boy, we still know how to give away easy tries. We got the trifecta of defensive incompetence in 40 minutes. Up the middle? Try! Swing it left? Try! Swing it right? (Wait for it…) Try! Absolutely piss-poor.

According to the ABC call it was a high quality cracker of a game. High completions low errors. Disappointing to miss 49 missed tackles though. That is way too many. A lot of work to do. But we did well to get ourselves back into the game at 26-16 down. That one point could be a real blessing come the end of the year. We are currently not a Top 4 quality team but we are still up there for now. That was more of a 7th-8th performance today.

Turbo only playing at 40% from what I can see.

If he doesn't come good we are looking in trouble.

Panthers away
Storm home
Tigers away( after tigers have the bye)

Very interesting 3 weeks ahead.

According to the ABC call it was a high quality cracker of a game. High completions low errors. Disappointing to miss 49 missed tackles though. That is way too many. A lot of work to do. But we did well to get ourselves back into the game at 26-16 down. That one point could be a real blessing come the end of the year. We are currently not a Top 4 quality team but we are still up there for now. That was more of a 7th-8th performance today.
You think Newcastle are a top eight side?

Well said Mick

Dissapointing performance.

We have to be better.

Also, and obviously not ideal in a Manly game....but a draw, how retro, how good
Ha the dislikes pouring in.

Not happy with a draw in a Manly game....like duh, but its been so long to see a draw in the NRL, good to see they arent a thing of the past

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8