Manly v Knights … Sunday at Brookie! … chat and teams thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Most important game of the year :D

Yet again we are coming up against a side with some momentum and some desperation. But it won't be enough for Drugcastle …

Fingers crossed King and Matai to return.

SEA EAGLES (predicted, not official yet)
1. Brett STEWART
2. Jorge TAUFUA
3. Jamie LYON (c)
3. Steve MATAI
5. David WILLIAMS
6. Kieran FORAN
7. Daly CHERRY-EVANS
8. Jason KING
9. Matt BALLIN
10. Brent KITE
11. Anthony WATMOUGH
12. Tony WILLIAMS
13. Glenn STEWART
Interchange
14. Jamie BUHRER
15. Joe GALUVAO
16. Vic MAURO
17. George ROSE
18. Dean WHARE
19. Tim ROBINSON
Coach: Geoff TOOVEY

After last night Drugcastle are sitting in 9th, and I am assuming Tigpies will have lost on Friday night before we play on Sunday, this equates to a Dugcastle win getting them into the eight.

This scenario worries me as they will be motivated for the win, we need to make sure we turn up for this game.

I dont think we will be ambushed like that again, and as long as we defend like we have the last two weeks then we should beat them. I am more confident with this match than the Souths match

Knights winning well last night will ensure there is no complacency in the Manly team this round. It's great we've got the opportunity to put a big dent in Newcastle's finals aspirations this Sunday.

Big Willie to be the villain, Snake the hero. Go Manly!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
I would start Joe in place of TRex

Agree - JoeG was involved from the start.

The 9 day turn around should have freshend up the Manly Boys :angel:

Looking forward to Wolfie's 6 try first half effort, powered by the Silver Snake :p

HappilyManly said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
I would start Joe in place of TRex

Agree - JoeG was involved from the start.

The 9 day turn around should have freshend up the Manly Boys :angel:

Looking forward to Wolfie's 6 try first half effort, powered by the Silver Snake :p

Hell Yes. If he gets 6 he will just about be leading try scorer in the NRL.
Go Snake and Wolfie. Big games required boys.

Knights:
1. Darius Boyd
2. Kevin Naiqama
3. Dane Gagai
4. Timana Tahu
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden
9. Danny Buderus (c)
10. Willie Mason
11. Chris Houston
12. Alex McKinnon
13. Neville Costigan
Interchange: 14. Robbie Rochow 15. Zeb Taia 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Zane Tetevano 18. Joel Edwards

Boyd is the danger. He looks to be finally hitting a bit of form. Finally ..

Mullen also has harmed us on occasion, it's lucky he doesn't have the spirit of someone like Foran because he certainly has plenty of skills.

Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Jason King 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Tony Williams 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. George Rose 15. Jamie Buhrer 16. Joe Galuvao 17. Vic Mauro 18. Dean Whare

Knights: 1. Darius Boyd 2. Kevin Naiqama 3. Dane Gagai 4. Timana Tahu 5. Akuila Uate 6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts 8. Kade Snowden 9. Danny Buderus (c) 10. Willie Mason 11. Chris Houston 12. Alex McKinnon 13. Neville Costigan
Interchange: 14. Robbie Rochow 15. Zeb Taia 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Zane Tetevano 18. Joel Edwards

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Boyd is the danger. He looks to be finally hitting a bit of form. Finally ..

Mullen also has harmed us on occasion, it's lucky he doesn't have the spirit of someone like Foran because he certainly has plenty of skills.

Agreed Boyd looks interested in playing now. Mullen will try to take the line on, Manly need to keep the brick wall D of the past couple of weeks going.

I wish being full strength on Tuesday afternoon equated to being full strength on the day of the match. There are always changes.

It's even more silly for Newcastle who played last night to have to nominate a team 18 hours later.

Tafua v Uate will also be very interesting. I'll be at Brookie and I can't wait to see this match.

stoodamire said:
Hmm no reserve prop meaning King should be right to play....

Whare named means Matai still in doubt i guess...

Exactly how I read it too. Hope Matai is back though.

Mullen played a dangerous role last night but if he runs into Gifty a few times he may not be so keen skirting the pack.

I'm a bit surprised by the big odds on the Knights for this game.

The knights will shorten late in the week. Our best is way better than theirs but this might just be a let-down week for our players. 3 away wins against big teams was a seriously heavy-duty effort. 10 day break, back at Brookie, suddenly equal faves and everyone and his dog talking us up ... danger danger :s

[edit: the dog is also talking us up]

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8