Pre-Game Manly V Eels [Round 8, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 18
4 Pines Park
26 Apr 2024 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Burbo is back we'll need to fit him in and I think he can go a long way to helping with that defensive problem too. Not quite sure how, but I know that when he played in the centres after Garrick went off with the head knock, he was superb. Not suggesting Garrick be moved but I reckon there must be a way of getting him in the defensive line there - 2 or 3 in.
So that would leave a back row spot for Burbo but Brown has proven his worth and Waddell has been doing a good job. Would he drop Waddell for Burbo to walk straight back in? I'm not so sure.
I would think when Burbo returns, he'll replace Waddell who will go back to the bench and Bullemor is dropped. Bullemor's been good but Waddell's been better, imo.

Well this game can go either of two ways.

They’ll be completely demoralised and it’ll be a shut out , our way.

Or , they’ll be like we were after that Dragons fiasco , gritty & determined to win at all costs , throwing everything bar the kitchen sink at us.

I’m picking option 2.

May not be as easy as we think.

Or , they’ll be like we were after that Dragons fiasco , gritty & determined to win at all costs , throwing everything bar the kitchen sink at us.

I’m picking option 2.

Very True, this 2024 season is proving hard to predict with most games going with the greater momentum shifts. The Eels are now teetering on the edge and it wont take much for that final nudge to send them crashing in flames. We haven't dished out a flogging yet, but, in front of a packed Brookie and with a massive TV audience behind us, me thinks Friday night will be the night.

I’m picking option 2.

I'm thinking the same way Mark.
We should be red hot favourites and put a cricket score on them.

But with all the media attention on them they will be determined to turn it around and with our play great against top teams and poorly against the bottom sides we might be in for a tough game.

Its a perfect game to build our for and against as it should have been last weekend but I don't see us winning by much if at all.

Thank you for posting @The Wheel

Great Manly Jersey and a Great way to show respect for all those Brave Heroes that defended our Great Country

We also hope our Manly players can defend our try line with the same Honor on our home soil

Manly Premiership Winning Heroes
We will remember them
Lest we forget :h:
1713917622753.png

When Jason first came to Manly I thought, here's a bloke who can run like the wind but he's probably going to be a liability in defence. Fast forward a few seasons, and whilst he's had some defensive issues I've warmed to having him at the club. He always plays with enthusiasm and he genuinely looks like he loves playing for Manly. I'm happy to say he proved me wrong.

When Jason first came to Manly I thought, here's a bloke who can run like the wind but he's probably going to be a liability in defence. Fast forward a few seasons, and whilst he's had some defensive issues I've warmed to having him at the club. He always plays with enthusiasm and he genuinely looks like he loves playing for Manly. I'm happy to say he proved me wrong.
There is absolutely no SAABstitute for SPEED feathered friend
Jason is a Super Sonic crowd pleaser
There is always great anticipation when he is out in the clear
I also see a more muscular/ powerful speed machine this season as well as improvement in defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8