Pre-Game Manly V Eels [Round 8, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 18
4 Pines Park
26 Apr 2024 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly V Eels [Round 8, 2024]

MATCH DAY

Friday 26 April 2024

Venue:
.... 4 Pines Park, Brookvale, NSW

Gates Open:.... 5:00pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Parramatta Eels: 8:00pm

TICKETING

VS

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolutau Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Tommy Talau
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (C)

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Corey Waddell
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Ethan Bullemor
16. Matthew Lodge
17. Nathan Brown

Replacement:

18. Aaron Woods - Development Player.

Reserves:

Out:

19. Jake Arthur
20. Jaxson Paulo
21. Dean Matterson - Development Player
22. Gordon Chan Kum Tong.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
  • Brad Parker
  • Ben Condon
  • Jamie Humphreys
  • Aitasi James - Development Player
  • Bailey Hodgson - Development Player.

From the Manly Sea Eagles website, here is the ' Rd 8 Sea Eagles Injury Report' released on Tuesday 23 Apr 2024:

Ben Trbojevic suffered a grade one hamstring injury against the Warriors in round six. He has commenced on field rehab running and continues to progress well for an expected return approximately one month post injury.

Toff Sipley has returned to running following an MCL injury he sustained against the Warriors. We plan for Toff to return to team training and playing over the next couple of weeks.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2024) * * *

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Nathan Brown (Knee, Round 8)
  • Josh Aloiai (Suspended, Round 8)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 10-11)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (Knee, Round 9-10)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are no variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:
  • Josh Aloiai (Suspended, Round 8)
  • Nathan Brown (Knee, Round 8)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (Knee, Round 9)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 10)

A strong defensive effort is what I want to see this match.

We have so many attacking weapons, the points will come if we can just grind them down defensively.

Big crowd at home will also help.

So @Ryan how about a Friday night win against the eels and date night for us. What did you say, love? Perfect start to the weekend?

A strong defensive effort is what I want to see this match.

We have so many attacking weapons, the points will come if we can just grind them down defensively.

Big crowd at home will also help.

So @Ryan how about a Friday night win against the eels and date night for us. What did you say, love? Perfect start to the weekend?
On like donkey Kong babe..I've also got an idea...how about lose....same thing? 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 hehehe

Yes , as I’ve said before my best mate is a Slime supporter ( it’s funny how we both became supporters of different teams , junior rugby league , 8 years old , each team played in the colours of a Sydney team, I got chosen for the Sea Eagles jersey , him the Parramatta jersey , this was 1963), and he’s one up on me this year so we need to win to square the ledger.

And if we win this , that’ll be 5 wins & a draw from 8 games.

I think I said before kick off “ we should beat the Dragons & the Titans but could well be 2 from 8”.

Plenty of whingers on here , and yes we have a lot to improve , but just a little reminder.

We are currently 5th and are on 9 points
Every other side above is has their bye points.
Add our bye points in and we are on 11 and just 1 point behind the front runner.

Lots to improve but going very nicely.

Watched the Parra game.
Interested to see how Arthur responds to the loss. Not sure what moves he could make.

Yes , as I’ve said before my best mate is a Slime supporter ( it’s funny how we both became supporters of different teams , junior rugby league , 8 years old , each team played in the colours of a Sydney team, I got chosen for the Sea Eagles jersey , him the Parramatta jersey , this was 1963), and he’s one up on me this year so we need to win to square the ledger.

And if we win this , that’ll be 5 wins & a draw from 8 games.

I think I said before kick off “ we should beat the Dragons & the Titans but could well be 2 from 8”.

Plenty of whingers on here , and yes we have a lot to improve , but just a little reminder.

We are currently 5th and are on 9 points
Every other side above is has their bye points.
Add our bye points in and we are on 11 and just 1 point behind the front runner.

Lots to improve but going very nicely.
I think we should be a little cautious when talking about our win/loss so far. After 7 games last year, we were also 4 wins and 1 draw. It's still way too early to be giving ourselves a pat on the back. Our defence is horrible. In fact, we are letting in more tries per game than last year, and are ranked lower when comparing to the other sides. We are seriously kidding ourselves if there isn't a massive improvement

I think we should be a little cautious when talking about our win/loss so far. After 7 games last year, we were also 4 wins and 1 draw. It's still way too early to be giving ourselves a pat on the back. Our defence is horrible. In fact, we are letting in more tries per game than last year, and are ranked lower when comparing to the other sides. We are seriously kidding ourselves if there isn't a massive improvement
I’m just looking at the opponents , and I think to have 9 points from the draw so far is pretty good.

But I agree we need much improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10