Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 20, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I'll put it down as a rookie coach learning experience, resting players. I don't think Barrett has ever really been in a position before to consider resting players and he took the gamble. Hasn't worked out for him unfortunately.

I am guessing everyone has in depth knowledge as to the players current physical condition. I mean why else would they know more than the coaching staff? The same staff that , up until 40 minutes ago, most on here could not stop raving about.

I am all for a poor performance - I am hoping it is like the towel up we got against Soufs in 2008

We'd be the only team dumb enough to rest players when we have injuries already.

Dumbest coaching move ever. Defies words and logic.

Cullen only player with heart that half, well done
That was heart breaking to watch
There goes our for and against.
Wow I thought we were in trouble today but by that much
Top 4 no way if play like we play now
This could be anything.

Although this display shows we are wooden spooners, I expect the players have been focusing on the following weeks and will throw everything into getting those two wins. Pathetic effort, look lethargic again against the dragons.

Only positive is that they scored only off 3 kicks an intercept and one legit try.

Once again the positional changes are an excuse but that doesn't make up for this bull**** we are serving up. I'm happy to receive this wake up call

Bloody hell DCE, Widdop pick pocketed him easily there.
you could see it coming from a mike away ffs widdop is so average we make him look like he's the best of the best. so apparently dce is garbage now. wtf

the nrl is a joke it's a set up there 1st try was from a bull**** penalty when we should of had it as nene dropped it. 2nd uate taken out clear as day. perfect set up isn't it.

They've run it over our line once. It's not as bad as the score. They are not slaughtering up the middle as Cronk was suggesting. There's just a lack of basic nouse about this side. Cherry goes to **** when the pressure is on. Seemingly no basic technique in defusing bombs.

that is why hastings doesn't start at hooker now all you fools have seen it for yourself fmd
Hardly Hastings fault, DCE 2 interceptions for 2 tries and Shaun Lane 2 dropped balls for 2 tries. The other try came from a beautiful ball from Widdop to Host, again nothing to do with Hastings. Everyone knows API is our 9, you said Brown was a better option. What would have Brown added to the above situation.

Firstly we don't know why the players were rested. Secondly the players that came into the team should step up. Thirdly, we suck against the Dragons.
Certainly agree with your third point! Assuming the rested players are just being 'rested' too many changes to a cohesive unit never works. Think I heard in the commentary that manly have played with the least number of players this season? I'm just dumbfounded.

I'll put it down as a rookie coach learning experience, resting players. I don't think Barrett has ever really been in a position before to consider resting players and he took the gamble. Hasn't worked out for him unfortunately.
BJ was carrying a rib injury and Green had hammy issues - 'resting' is just something to put on the sheet @:cool:

Walks is flat and his defence and positional play has regressed :(

Manly Team just have to regroup and give it a fair go :nod:

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10