Game Day: Manly v Dragons [Round 17, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
image.jpeg
My beard,I broke my beard

It's funny that 1 - 17 is in that photo of the team after the game ( I think Jorge is hiding between api and Fonua Blake. Nate Myles is there in his suit with the boys.
Not Brett Stewart though.... Por ably nothing to read into but it's quite sad the way things may be turning out

I know we played well but fmd the dragons are hopeless how they have 8 wins is beyond me

It certainly helps when you get to play Nth Qld at home without 5 origin players and Melb at home without their origin players and with Munster and Green injured. Now that's fair!

Well I am one happy sea eagles fan and am so glad we won this game as manly needed to step up and do ok.I believe we took a stand today and showed the public that we do have the people in this team to win games.We just need to keep playing for 80 min and keep our error rate down.I will be making my way back to Gladstone Qld tomorrow morning for some needed rest.Nothing left in the voice box but it's been worth it.Very proud of the boys at the moment.

Today I got up and went for a 10km run at 6am. I decided to wear my Manly Singlet, because it was a balmy 14 degrees. Whilst running an ant fell from a tree straight into my left eye, as I went to wipe my eye it bit down on eyeball. This was about 4km's into the run. I spent the rest of the run screaming "why, god why, how???"
I did however take this as a good omen for the game today, even though I am watching it through one eye
Could you please go for another run, wear same singlet, same time, same route for when we play Warriors? :p

It is sooooooooo awesome to get a win tonight. Well done Manly.

Was at the game and sorry if these things have been mentioned but a few things I noticed.......
........We looked like a team tonight, there was quite a bit of talk happening between players. And Tom was doing some talking from the back, which was bloody great to see.
........Offloads, yes finally we had some offloads.
........Jorge looked like he was a bit worse for wear near the end of the game, not sure if he got injured during the game?
.......Very impressed with Lussick, even though I have not been a great supporter in the past. He was putting in 100% tonight.
......When the players walked around at the end, Luke had a really horrid fat lip, looked terrible poor bugger.
.......The drags were absolutely terrible and not to take the gloss of a great win, but we could/should have scored a lot more points than what we did.

Go Manly.........!

Could you please go for another run, wear same singlet, same time, same route for when we play Warriors? :p
Saturday 9:30AM is the kick off of that game, so the answer is yes I will probably be able to. My wife works on Saturdays so need to go for an early run if I want to run anyway.

Consider it done

I have to say I might have shed a tear or two watching the boys win like that. Oh who am I kidding @:cry:.

Seeing Turbo play so well was encouraging. I thought when he first started at fullback he was a metre-eater and had the game to transcend but didn't really have the confidence to kick it off. I really see Snake's influence in this performance by him. I thought he didn't have to show his speed to show his influence today. In the first three rounds of the season you could argue who that spot belonged to but after today I think it's safe to say the mantle has passed guys.

It's funny that 1 - 17 is in that photo of the team after the game ( I think Jorge is hiding between api and Fonua Blake. Nate Myles is there in his suit with the boys.
Not Brett Stewart though.... Por ably nothing to read into but it's quite sad the way things may be turning out
Vave isn't there as well. Maybe they didn't feel comfortable crashing the party.

Snake didn't look happy tonight when they had the cameras on him, even when we were 30 points in front.

I do buy the story that he's injured because its pretty obvious that his hammies have been giving him hell since he limped off against Ipswich at Rat Park in the trials, but I am wondering more and more if the injury story is more a convenient face saver for him because he has actually been dropped or at least told to have a few weeks rest.

He just didn't look happy.

That being said, I do agree with @Paw93 in that I think Snake has been a big influence on Tom's game at fullback. Eating the metres like an RTS is one thing, but Tom's game last night was very much like the Snake of old that we've marveled at over the past 13 years. He didn't just run the ball and rack up the metres, he got involved in the play, was there in support for just about every line break and set up tries. And like Gifty and Snake, his combination with his brother is something that is going to give opposition defences nightmares over the next decade. He was even doing more talking at the back and played the organiser in defence while his chase on Lafai saved a certain try.

I think Tom came of age as an NRL fullback tonight, but despite his influence on Tom I wonder how Snake really does feel about passing the torch?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8