Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 9, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...m/news-story/aed97b366bf0367f8818a407827b3eba

Trent Barrett’s confidence in new recruit Matthew Wright to face his old Cowboys team
April 29, 2016 5:03pm
Jon GeddesManly Daily
dcb4fb1b0346bac5398ed6a8f492ddc1

New Sea Eagles recuit Matthew Wright. Picture: Shae Beplate.
SEA Eagles coach Trent Barrett has no doubt new recruit Matthew Wright will handle the baptism of fire against his old club the Cowboys at Brookvale Oval on Saturday night.

Wright will be rushed into the Sea Eagles injury depleted backline following the losses of stars Brett Stewart and Tom Trbojevic after only arriving on the northern beaches this week and having his first training with his new teammates yesterday.

He is set to play on the wing and Barrett declared he had no hesitation all about swinging the new signing straight into the squad against the team he was still with a week ago.

“I know Matt very well, I actually played with him when I was at Cronulla and he was only 17 then and I was at the other end of it,” Barrett said.

“Matthew is a quality player who can easily play fullback, wing, centre and five-eighth.

“It came about pretty quickly, just on the back of all the injuries we have got.

v1

“When he became available, we didn’t hesitate to sign him.

“Lucky for us he is here this week because we would have been in a fair bit of trouble — we have used a lot of players already this year.

“We really needed him to come.”

“He’s going to be valuable to us and to get him this week it is ironic that he plays against the club that he left three days ago.”

Wright has clearly arrived at the Sea Eagles with an insider’s knowledge of the Cowboys.

“He doesn’t say much, Wrighty, and I don’t want to put that pressure on him but I’ll have a bit more of a chat with him today, he does know a fair bit about them,” Barrett said.

“And we have John Cartwright here who was their assistant (coach) last year as well.”

Api Koroisau will be given to an hour before kickoff to prove his fitness.

woohoo! game is on at 2.50am here!

anyone staying up?????

*sigh*

afl is on tv here atm

afl!!!!! and I gotta pay $20 extra for nrl and union but afl is on?

bananas!

hey I have one new alert *checks*

I'll tell you what really sucks. I had kidney surgery a couple of weeks ago, so I am off the drink. It's a bloody Saturday night game, a balmy 27deg here....and I'm as sober as a judge. What a crying shame. :(

Bloody Mary McGregor has been drinking harder than me lately. (just)

*sigh* Time for another peppermint gherkin.....

I'll tell you what really sucks. I had kidney surgery a couple of weeks ago, so I am off the drink. It's a bloody Saturday night game, a balmy 27deg here....and I'm as sober as a judge. What a crying shame. :(

Nup, didn't work. Don't feel quilty at all.

Geez Moz, even worse, you may need Dan to set up some translation program to help you with reading tonight's posts.:):party::drunk::sick::snooze:

ouch!

welcome back. Maybe you're now off the drink for good???

My goodness, are they still going on about "the hand of Foran"!

We beat them 22-12 with dubious decisions going both ways.
Even Greg Inglis could work out if you take 6 from 22 they still get beaten.

You notice how they continue to ignore the fact that in the very same game as the "Hand of Foran" try.....Jorge got stripped of the ball in a 2 on 1 tackle and in the following set of 6.....the Cows scored a try from a Thurston forward pass.

But that HoF try was what lost them the game.....

woohoo! game is on at 2.50am here!

anyone staying up?????

*sigh*

afl is on tv here atm

afl!!!!! and I gotta pay $20 extra for nrl and union but afl is on?

bananas!

hey I have one new alert *checks*
In my experience, Kiwis, Poms & Yanks I've spoken to just don't get AFL. Obviously, Kiwis & Poms are familiar with the Rugby codes, & even the Yank brother in law enjoys NRL.
I suppose having similarities to American Football helps.
Four Downs V 6 Tackles, etc.
Have your Canadian mates seen AFL, GE?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10