Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 9, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They've explained it in the past, they need the teams early for publishing the footy magazine. Everyone knows there are often late changes.

Cowboys will top up there for and against Nicley this weekend I suspect. No Stewart, or Trbojevic for 8 weeks will hurt us and I honestly think we will lose the next 4.

Walker will go to fullback

Im pretty sure you have been saying most weeks we will lose the next 3 or 4 games but we have not. However this time you may very well be correct. Guess if expectations are low its hard to be disappointed.

Such a pity we are so down on troops, I was quietly confident of an ambush.

Sadly I think with such disruption in the side it will be a matter of limiting the damage to the least worst case scenario.

Mind you, it's hard to see the Cowgirls & Donkeys going much longer without a loss as that always seems to happen these days.

It's a joke and the NRL needs to deal with it. Am I to assume that all six teams that played yesterday have named unchanged teams.
The NRL and the clubs receive money from betting agencies and not that it's a big deal but I suspect SuperCoach garners interest in the game that benefits the NRL.So clubs should be transparent with their dealings.Its only done on Tuesday to satisfy Big Leagues printing.The AFL has strict rules in regards to the team's named on Thursday and fines are handed down to clubs who do the wrong thing

He was at the Knights game - don't know if that means that he is still part of Manly or what :wondering:
Surely the club would clear the air and announce that Liam was being released if this was the case, you would expect that the club would have a duty of care in relation to Liam's welfare and would be proactive in assisting the kid to turn his life around, the kid is a talent and although he's committed an act of stupidity with guidance and support he can get his life and career back on track.

It's obvious; if we are any real hope of winning this match the 'boys are going to have to play poorly. I think this is a possibility. All teams are going to have their off days. Cronulla had one when we beat them, and the Sharks are now being spoken about as title contenders.
My worry is that the 'boys backline will be too fast, skillful and well-drilled for what is shaping as our weakest on paper for several seasons (no Turbo, Snake or Jorge). I'm eagerly awaiting our backline to 'click' and for TB to show his ability as a coach with good attacking plans.
The forwards have aimed up in recent matches, so TB or Cartwright get approval ticks for that, but where is the Manly backline all other teams once envied? Perhaps it's a case that you can't teach old backs new tricks.
Not old backypu can't teach slow backs new tricks

Sadly tend to agree here is my reflections going into this weekend:

We are certainly going to be down on players: Tom T snake Tafua and probably Api all out.

You take that many quality players out of any team and they are going to struggle!!

The way I see it until we get back to somewhere near full strength each week will be a free hit , with no real expectations, we could easily lose the next 4 in a row.

So onto this week man I wish I could feel as confident as previous years playing at brookvale oval , have no idea why we are playing so poor at home this year.

To be 1/4 at home if we lose on Saturday would have to be one of our worst starts to a season at home.

All I ask is that the boys put in an 80 minute effort on Saturday, and not fall away in a heap!!

Head says Cowboys by 16+

Heart says us by 6,Every team has to have there off nights here is hoping Saturday is the Cowboys turn.

This will be our last home game until June 12 when we play the panthers on a wait for it a Sunday afternoon.

Would be a major upset if we were to beat the Cowboys on Saturday night , but stranger things have happened in sport.

I hope many of you can come down on Saturday and support the boys.

The only way to beat the cows is to do something they don't expect. We should be looking at dropping dick fingers symonds who along with his token errors and penalties hasn't ran a good line since curfew was introduced to kings cross. Mateo should be champing at the bit to get back into firsts, and on his day,can win a match on his own. Symonds could never do that. We aren't going to stop the Cowboys from scoring 4 tries at least, they are too good in attack. So we need enough points of attack to break them down and score more.

Symonds has not done a single thing this year to make me think he is in out best 17. Maybe buhrer is due back too.

We need walker to fullback ( if snake is out). Mateo in the team, parcell in and told to run at any chance. And cherry to have his best game of the year.

Speed and turning their big forwards around is about our only chance.

I'd like to see Wright at fullback. Obviously he doesn't know the Manly structures which is a concern, but he has played at fullback a number of times.

He also knows the Cowboy's structures, plays/calls and would be familiar with Thurston's kicking game - this will come in very handy if he was to play fullback.

Walker at fullback, changes things immensely. It means we're a completely different proposition & that could be a bonus. Jorge & Tom out will hurt though. I presume Api to 5/8, with Parcell back in also. It seems as though it will all end in tears, but what if it doesn't????

I'd like to see Wright at fullback. Obviously he doesn't know the Manly structures which is a concern, but he has played at fullback a number of times.

He also knows the Cowboy's structures, plays/calls and would be familiar with Thurston's kicking game - this will come in very handy if he was to play fullback.
There are structures???????

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8