Post-Game Discussion Manly V Broncos [Round 11, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
12 Suncorp Stadium
17 May 2024 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Jerry1

First Grader
All the pain of losing 3 in a row - they deserve every single bit of it.

What a bunch of pathetic muppets.

Horribly coached. Too scared to take a chance, constantly trying to milk penalities. Too scared to give away penalties, yet they still lose in the end via a bull**** penalty.

What a bunch of pathetic muppets. Couldn’t get out of each others way even with the Broncos unable to play for 68 minutes.

Bunch of piss-ants, and you deserve all the sh&@t you get. Go F&&k yourselves. Absolute disgrace to the jersey the lot of you.

Start your next rebuild Penn because this one FAILED

NYEagle
Tell us what you really think :)

eagleron

Bencher
I can't see positives mate , given the players they had out. Our first try was off a 3 foot forward pass. We lacked effort, energy and intensity.

Sorry mate, I just can't praise that absolute crap. I'm watching this with Mark Arthurson at my joint (having drinks) and even he said let's turn a movie on after 15 minutes.
Not praising it mate just pointing out that we were chasing from the get go and probably would have won if it weren't for the sin bin, I'm not happy with how things are going either, I was hoping that this year would see us apply ourselves with a lot more vigour but it just doesn't seem possible, I'm not likely to see success again in my life but I live in hope, what else can I do 🙅

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
So this will get blow back from plenty, but the thing is, we aren't far away from being quite a good side.

Our issue is not that we are 'soft', 'pathetic' or sh*t' it is that we lack concentration/intensity to compete for the full 80 and our footy IQ is pretty poor to be honest.

Garrick kicking on the second tackle after a break, the team not sprinting to the scrum with 3-4 min left, going effectively 3 hitups in the last 30 seconds....we just arent savvy.

This is a mentality problem....which is ironic considering all the Manly Mentality propaganda.

Season is not over, we will at worst be 1 point out of the 8 after this week but we need a hardened edge to this team, our current mental state is not getting it done.

It is all just incredibly frustrating.

Last edited:

Ryan

Journey Man
Don't get me wrong, mate. That was anything but praise. More like resigned acceptance:)
Given how **** we've been over the past month, you'd think we'd have come in, intense and passionate. But Siebold is happy and proud of the effort apparently, so if that's the measuring stick, why not just dump a duck egg like that?

The coach and fans will celebrate anyways

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
When was the last time you watched a team take a field goal with zero pressure when the game was on the line? Sums us up.
Absolutely right. Typifies our team. No desperation and no heart. Why would we give our two slowest forward the first two hit ups with 50swcs on the clock and a 7 tackle set??

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
@Disco

Who's their starting halfback ? You tell me? Who's their starting hooker ? Who's their starting fullback?

You can be unhappy with us without insulting them.

Mam is an exceptional talent, if not for a certain N Cleary he'dhave won a Clive Churchill last year. Cobbo is a SOO regular and Madden is certainly first grade material.

Smoothey sure I'll give you that but Walters is hardly some big out.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Given how **** we've been over the past month, you'd think we'd have come in, intense and passionate. But Siebold is happy and proud of the effort apparently, so if that's the measuring stick, why not just dump a duck egg like that?

The coach and fans will celebrate anyways
Honestly, mate, I was just happy we found a different way to lose. I'm sick of watching us get out to a lead only to get overrun by the end of the game. For a minute or two there, I thought we might have been the team to fight our way back to victory for a change. But of course that wasn't to be.

Eagle 1

First Grader
The angled FG attempt by our skipper was way out of range. Just a give back the ball to them really, just a woeful decision to make.

NYEagle

Bencher
Tell us what you really think :)
Thanks Jerry. I’m holding back actually.

A team with those names should have won by 30. Brisbane had nothing after 12 minutes, yet Manly found a way to lose.

They are playing paranoid, and completely devoid of shape. The forwards are running from too deep so run for ten metres and make 1 metre. In attack they stand way too shallow. Talau, Jaxson DCE we’re completely lost with that bull**** shape. Koula was running at people. When they constructed a backline play they were too scared to make the obvious pass - too scared. Poor coaching and no passion from the players.

3 weeks in a row I watch them lose games they should have won easily. They play like 13 indiviudals scared to lose.

Well, keep it up and there is a wooden spoon waiting for this lot. If not this year then next year.

Really really pathetic.

NYEagle

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16