1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly T'Lodge has copy of draw

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ayjay007, Dec 10, 2013.

1. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I see the prices for the Travelodge have gone up substantially on the days/nights we play at Brookie! I know "supply and demand",but gee they hit you.They'll be one mob hoping we dont play our games at Allianz,ANZ,or Gosford...they'll go broke.Helps being the only gun in town,I guess.

2. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    bloody oath they do,a few years ago ,I used to be able to afford to stay there,not anymore

3. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +644 / 6
    i mentioned this last year, they wasted no time putting up the prices(even for a monday night game!). the only time they could be caught out last year was when the last 6 games were announced- for 1 day,then they caught on. no more overnight stays for me, i'll drive home instead.

4. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Im thinking of buying a tent,and booking an unpowered site at Narrabeen big 4.50 or so for a night.Bus to brookie and back.Only somewhere to sleep.

5. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,782 / 58
    One of you manly people should offer rooms/floor/just somewhere undercover for $20.

It's my understanding that everyone at Manly lives in Mansions.

edit:I wonder if the club offered them a sign on game day at the ground if they'd keep there prices reasonable.

We all understand that they'd prob put the prices up for Manly home games (damn capo's) but to gouge is unreasonable.

6. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Booking.com will ger you a few Manly Backpackers - own room- < $80.
    The buses are always outside the main gate to get there or Wynyard.

7. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,805 / 53
    One alternative with a lot of merit is the all night bender. Sure, it will probably cost you more, but you'll have more fun.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    You can get $90 a night at The Parkway, and that place is so classy, I have heard you can negotiate by the hour rates during the day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    I've mentioned before that that I'd like the club to negotiate some sort of member discount with the TL. Obviously not going to be any incentive to locals, but would be a nice attraction for us out of towners.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    You have buckley's of a price discount, as the Northern Beaches has about 4, very small hotels only.

Brookvale has all their Small Business Sales people etc queuing for space.:s

I often meet Visitors at the beach complaining that this Travelodge lists themselves as Manly Travelodge - and it ain't anywhere near it.

11. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    Does the $90 include the cockcroaches and rats in your room as well or are they extra?

12. marga

marga Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Emerald Qld
    Ratings:
    +443 / 1
    Sounds like a good idea. Thing is it is so convenient to stay there when you only stay overnight for home games.