Manly signings thread where we can discuss!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The club has given Taufua and Winterstein enough opportunity to shine. Im thinking it is in both parties best interest to have a fresh start in 2019.

Guys, I asked Corey Waddell on Twitter if he were joining our team next season, and he liked my comment.

Good sign, I guess?

11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake.Trbojevic
17. Corey Waddell

Happy with that backrow rotation everyone. Only spot left / up for grabs is the wing spots now. I'd potentially go:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Reuben Garrick
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Corey Waddell

Darryn Schonig is a Prop, albiet only 22, but has big wraps on him:View attachment 9808

Former Australian prop Greg Dowling said Schonig’s ability to hurt people with the ball was up there with retired prop Petero Civoniceva, while his talent and chiselled physique was akin to Shane Webcke.

“Those big men are hard to tackle. I always used to say about Petero Civoniceva, he hurt people when he ran the ball because he was big and solid. Darryn is like that as well,” he said.

“They’ll come in and try to put a hit on him and they’ll back-pedal.

“I like him because he’s tough. He always has been. I’ve followed Darryn since under-12s. He used to play with my son at Edmonton.”

I generally find most props peak later around 28 and can play well even over 30 but the main problem is that our forward pack and middle 3rd lacks experience. The bench players we look like fielding while potentially talented, aren’t really finals quality at this stage of their careers.

The picture of him with his dad and a contract a few pages back is also a good sign :0)
waddell.JPG

Since Peters' comment about Tom Wright (now gone) and Jade Anderson, the news has gone completely quiet about Anderson. The guy has the potential to be a fine winger and I was astonished when it was reported he was on the outer. But has anyone heard anything about the kid. He was earmarked for the top 30 in 2019. Is he lost to another club? Anyone know?

Darryn Schonig is a Prop, albiet only 22, but has big wraps on him:View attachment 9808

Former Australian prop Greg Dowling said Schonig’s ability to hurt people with the ball was up there with retired prop Petero Civoniceva, while his talent and chiselled physique was akin to Shane Webcke.

“Those big men are hard to tackle. I always used to say about Petero Civoniceva, he hurt people when he ran the ball because he was big and solid. Darryn is like that as well,” he said.

“They’ll come in and try to put a hit on him and they’ll back-pedal.

“I like him because he’s tough. He always has been. I’ve followed Darryn since under-12s. He used to play with my son at Edmonton.”
Schonig does indeed look promising.

Schonig does indeed look promising.
Watched some highlights of him. We won't have to worry about him offloading - not once in the 3-4 minute package did he pass the ball.
Yeah, he looks tough and runs hard so I guess that's what you need in a prop.

Guys, I asked Corey Waddell on Twitter if he were joining our team next season, and he liked my comment.

Good sign, I guess?

11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake.Trbojevic
17. Corey Waddell

Happy with that backrow rotation everyone. Only spot left / up for grabs is the wing spots now. I'd potentially go:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Reuben Garrick
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Kelepi Tanginoa
17. Corey Waddell
Goods thoughts ryan. Suli is a nightmare defending anyone remember game v roosters. Jorge i be happy to wait and see in 17 prior to acl best yardage in comp. Bench not sure on Paseka if he better option than perrett. A good coach could make us top 8 if cartwright agree more of the same

Goods thoughts ryan. Suli is a nightmare defending anyone remember game v roosters. Jorge i be happy to wait and see in 17 prior to acl best yardage in comp. Bench not sure on Paseka if he better option than perrett. A good coach could make us top 8 if cartwright agree more of the same
Yeah Suli is a bit of a nightmare. As for Perrett, I honestly don't think there is a worse prop in the NRL. So slack and clumsy

Yeah Suli is a bit of a nightmare. As for Perrett, I honestly don't think there is a worse prop in the NRL. So slack and clumsy
Suli never bought hype, i seen three or four occasions he was put in clear did not get to winger and was ran down in quickly. Defensive reads woeful terrible.
Perrett got some ability but 18 was horrible, he got a good offload in him. Paseka i thought was similar to perrett major mobility issues. Maybe another option is 2 backrowers on bench with goewiski and put jake up front on rotation.

Just to re-confirm, this is where we stand right now, am I correct?

INS
Brendan Elliott (unconfirmed)
Reuben Garrick (unconfirmed)
Corey Waddell (unconfirmed)
Darryn Schonig (unconfirmed)
Albert Hopoate (unconfirmed)
Sean Keppie (unconfirmed) - wanting to renege
Kane Elgey (confirmed)
Trent Hodkinson (mid season acquisition)
Moses Suli (mid season acquisition )

OUTS
Nate Myles (retires)
Darcy Lussick (released)
Tom Wright (released)
Jonathan Wright (retires)
Matthew Wright (unsigned)
Lewis Brown (unsigned)
Akuila Uate (to the U.K.)
Shaun Lane (to Parramatta)
Jackson Hastings (to the U.K.)
Trent Barrett (quit)