Manly sign Rabbitoh Jack Gosiewski

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Manly maniac Jack Gosiewski ready for Sea Eagles NRL opportunity
NRL PREMIERSHIP

9addd89b0f40ba472c4f92551d8fda64

Source: Supplied
JACK Gosiewski’s teammates describe him as a maniac.

A bloke who not only plays like he has a screw loose but trains that way too.

It didn’t take the Manly players long to figure it out.

He was putting shots on everyone during Manly’s first contact session
  1. Having joined the Sea Eagles in the pre-season from South Sydney, Robbie Farah even phoned Gosiewski’s fellow backrower Curtis Sironen to warn him to look out for the 23-year-old.

LIVE stream every 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership game on FOX SPORTS. Get your free 2-week Foxtel Now trial & start watching in minutes. SIGN UP NOW >

Not because he’s a bad egg but because he’s an animal when it comes to contact.

Sironen, whose ACL injury has paved the way for Gosiewski to make his club debut, is a veteran of six years in the top grade and Gosiewski has only played six games in the NRL.

EXTRAORDINARY UNTOLD STORY EXPLAINS WHY DCE WAS MADE CAPTAIN

831d3a7e43a9c2c81f930f3030d069f1

Jack Gosiewski playing Intrust Super Premiership.Source: Supplied
He wasn’t re-signed by the Rabbitohs. So how tough could he be?

Then, whack. The former Tiger knew exactly what Farah was warning him about.

“I don’t even think he realises how strong he is. He’s going out smacking blokes. He can’t control his own head. He’s a maniac. I’m glad he’s on our team,” Sironen said.

“I saw him play last year. I thought he was good. I was actually surprised Souths let him go. I’m still good mates with Robbie Farah and I had a chat to him. He told me to watch out, he’s a real good player.

“He’s super fit and an unreal trainer. He’s really aggressive and someone I think will be good for us and just add a bit of punch. Hopefully gets a crack.”

While Gosiewski’s signing was met with little fanfare, the 23-year-old has plenty of people in Narrabeen talking.

The coaching staff especially. Bang. A shot on the halves and the edge is being told to rein it in.

“I find the harder I train, the better I’ll play,” Gosiewski said.

e3217e96afce0f059257abc954f4c962

Jack Gosiewski playing with Souths.Source: News Corp Australia
“I’m also pretty competitive.”

In an alternate universe, Gosiewski is an NRL regular.

Instead injury has kept him on the fringe fighting to prove himself.

It hasn’t been easy. After making his first grade debut for the Rabbitohs in 2016, injury setbacks stalled his career to the point where the Rabbitohs declined to offer him a contract. Six months earlier he’d rejected a two-year extension. How quickly things can change.

“You just have to deal with it and stay positive,” he said.
“There were some points there I thought it would be hard because I wasn’t playing so I couldn’t prove myself to get another contract. I was more worried about getting it right and getting back on the field.”

After inking a one-year-deal with the Sea Eagles, Murwillumbah has found a home. Now he needs some game time.

2165981f92d2e5c048001d8e12a99f8c

Jack Gosiewski playing Intrust Super Premiership with the Bears.Source: Supplied
Last January he needed surgery on his patella tendon which kept him sidelined for four months.

He’d been battling patella issues for months.

Before that there was a nerve issue with his neck. That put him out of action for 10 weeks.

A broken collar bone sidelined him for eights before that.

“The last few years have been hard with injuries,” he said.

“I got injured, came back in round 23 and hyper extended my left leg so I only played one NRL game last year.

“It was frustrating. The year before that, I only played five game thanks to injury as well. It’s mentally draining but it’s all part of it.

“If I can play aggressive and be consistent, I think I’ll be pretty close to getting in there. I need to string a few games together.”

Well, I hope he has a great game, but sounds like he hits so hard, he injures himself, so best we get some value out of him before he breaks another collar bone.

Bruce Walker and Marty Bella . Goldie jagged a premiership with Manly , Marty not so fortunate . Recall a big former Bear in Merv Hicks who joined Manly and could play either wing or front row but i don't think that he played much i st grade for Manly .

Bruce Walker and Marty Bella . Goldie jagged a premiership with Manly , Marty not so fortunate . Recall a big former Bear in Merv Hicks who joined Manly and could play either wing or front row but i don't think that he played much i st grade for Manly .
Don't recall Merv Hicks playing for Manly

He would have been 20 stone when he played for Norths and no way could he run let alone be a winger Maybe Mick healy you are thinking about?

Don't recall Merv Hicks playing for Manly

He would have been 20 stone when he played for Norths and no way could he run let alone be a winger Maybe Mick healy you are thinking about?
Yeah sorry about the wrong reference , would have been Mick Healy . Just recall again that he could play in two very different positions

Missed the game but seems many are rating his game as very good today.

Seems disconnected from the stats, spent more than a half on the field, made 3 runs for 21m and 17 tackles. Only marginally better than Frank for least metres.

Was there a lot of ball playing etc that doesn't show up or are people getting over excited?

Runs
Missed the game but seems many are rating his game as very good today.

Seems disconnected from the stats, spent more than a half on the field, made 3 runs for 21m and 17 tackles. Only marginally better than Frank for least metres.

Was there a lot of ball playing etc that doesn't show up or are people getting over excited?
Runs a good line and hard good speed, aggressive in both d and attack good game for his first. Miles ahead of Frankenstein hope he starts at least gives a option for the ball players. That’s what I thought anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8