1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly sign Michael Robertson

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Guest, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Raiders forum states that it was announced on WIN news tonight that we have signed Michael Robertson for the next 2 years.

Can't say that I am thrilled about the signing but I suppose management know what they are doing.

2. Blunty

Blunty Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hopefully he has been signed to play PL and is not under the NRL cap.

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    maybe they are trying to arrange another monas situation! :D

4. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    well that's the sort of winger that will take us to a premiership.

5. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    winger.....reflects on Monaghan and thinks...that really needs an H in it

6. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I don't see the point in signing a player like this, somebody in the club must see something we don't.

7. CC_Eagle

CC_Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Same situation as Heckenberg,Bryant,Leuluai...

Club rejects that have blossomed in the maroon and white.

8. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think Stephenson held his own at winger on the weekend. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that he impressed me.

9. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I agree C! Interesting to see where that leads!

10. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    He impressed me on the wing as well and the last time i was impressed by a wing was when I had a KFC meal deal (a long time ago....)

11. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    You have a bias against wings, just like your problem with Le Snaks!!! :lol: :clap:

12. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I honestly think Stepho could be a long term option at wing. He's tall and is obviously pretty safe under the high ball. He doesn't like passing so the touch judge wont have to be alert. He's a pretty big unit and will break more tackles than Donald ever did, (i.e. >1)

While he was a pretty bad 1 on 1 defender, our defensive pattern was pretty sound during his tenure in the centres and we really relied on good communication when sliding for our compressed defense. In other words, he may be a very good communicator on the wing, without being an exceptional defender, which is forgivable for a winger, especially since he's got the touchline as a helper.

Neither Bell nor Alberts are renowned passers of the ball to their outside men so we won't be relying on him to do anything exceptional, just continue to play like he did on the weekend, which I'm pretty confident he can do.

13. sue ridgepipe

sue ridgepipe Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    robertson is a good player.he is just coming off long term injury.i think you may be pleasantly surprised come next year.

14. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Isn't it an endictment on our current media regime that we're relying on WIN news in Canberra for hard core fans to know about the latest club signing?

15. lasvegas

lasvegas Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    he played wellla couple of weeks ago in the top flight,i will reserve my decision on this canberra reserve grader as i have been burnt far too much by these types........

16. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: Say what you mean LV??????

17. sue ridgepipe

sue ridgepipe Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    he aint a reserve grader porky.if your alcohol drenched brain could hark back he played almost every game in 04 for the raiders and i was pretty impressed.speed to burn.was also the youngest bloke ever to play first grade for the lime green paddlepops.has had major problems with his legs in 03 and 05.im not saying he is a champ but if injury free he s got stephenson covered in my book.i think a lot of people are forgetting stephensons overall performance in the last 2 years..he has one solid game and hes the next ken irvine.hope he kicks on but the hailing of him as our new winger in waiting is a good example of our mindset at the moment.

18. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Great to see the kids playing together again. No fighting over who gets to lick the cake bowl.

19. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Steppa is the messiah! jesus guys relax, he managed a whole game without missing a tackle and took a high ball to score a try! Next you will have him in the state of origen squad for 06! Im sure this has happened on MSE already!

lets see how the lime paddlepop turns out, he wont have to do much to beat previous raider imports!

you can never have too much depth in any position, a winger has left, and we have signed another one, no dramas.

20. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michael Robertson sucks guys.