Manly side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Sea Eagles vs Rabbitohs - Team Line-Up
4/09/2007
By Manly Sea Eagles

Coach Des Hasler has named a strong line-up to face of against the Rabbitohs in the club's first ever home qualifying final. Back from injury are Chris Hicks, Luke Williamson and Steve Menzies. Adam Cuthbertson has been selected as a starting prop along with Jason King. A six man bench has been named including Burns, Ballin, Bryant, Menzies, Mauro and Afamasaga.

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Matai, Chris Hicks, Jamie Lyon, Matt Orford ©, Jason King, Michael Monaghan, Adam Cuthbertson, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson
Interchange: Travis Burns, Matt Ballin, Mark Bryant, Steve Menzies, Vic Mauro, Jack Afamasaga (2 players to be omitted)

Officials
SHAYNE HAYNE
Sideline Officials: Rod Lawrence, Russell Turner; Video Referee: Tim Mander
Stand by Referee: J Robinson; Stand by Sideline Official: D Abood

----------------------------------

Burns and Mauro to drop off for me, quite happy with the ref too, He seems to like an open game which i think will favour us

Good to see cuthbo replace bryant as the run on bookend.

I would drop burns and afa however I feel it will be ballin and mauro omitted.

Shayne Hayne. Can't complain there. I never used to like him but he has been head an shoulders above the rest this year.

My pick for the GF if I had my way.

Drop Burns and Ballin, too light, although I don't like Jack's current tackling style.

I don't like Jack's current tackling style.

manor_park_turnstyle_380x280.jpg

Looks like extra time in the solarium this week for Shane.

Des will be mad if he puts burns in this week. the guy is a deadset liability in defence and gives away stupid penalties.

Interesting how Cuthbo has gone from not being wanted by the club earlier in the year to starting prop. Good to see dessie now agrees with what we have been saying for 18 months now.

One day Ballin will be starting hooker.

I would have Afa as starting prop. There will be serious fireworks in the first 10 and he has the build to handle it. He can run straight and hard and make the joint pains of the bunnies start early. Cuthbo is surely more useful in the backend of the first half when tiredness creeps in.

Get rid of Burns. Beaver can cover both centre and 5/8.

On late on Fox sports, Kite was interviewed and still thought he was a chance this weekend. I don't think we should risk him? I think we will take the Rabbits without him.

Souths have a big physical pack. We are a smaller more mobile side than them. With the weather meaning the conditions could be damp we need size for the softening up period. Afa to start and take on the big men and then Cuthbo to use his mobility would be a good move. Also need to be on alert for the little slippery men as they can do damage around the ruck, especially with Kite not there to plug the gaps.

The old adage - forwards win big matches.

The trouble is we don't have four really good defensive props. Bryant and Jack's defense is suss as is Cuthbo's. Out of those three, Bryant has the most defensive ability. If we go with four props on the bench, we can't have two defensively poor props on the field at once. So, King and Mauro or Jack to start. Bryant and Cuthbo to replace at the twenty. If we include Ballin at a big guys expense, do we then see quick dummy half running at the back end of the half, trying to catch our their slowly retreating big guys? Over to you Des. The team picks itself, the bench is the concern.

I seem to have forgotten Beaver's bench role. Only excuse is I've got a mental block re Matai back in the team. Still, the bench is the key to a win. I'd start with King and 'Turnstyle Jack' with Bryant, Beaver, Cuthbo and Ballin on the bench. The bench is a hard one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8