Manly Sea Eagles SACK coach Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Manly Sea Eagles stand down coach Des Hasler

I would assume it would be a player who tipped the board off. Either way if it is true and proven then they should sack him big time.
Like it has been mentioend Bennet left Broncos and only toke one player who they wanted and even then it seems it was his idea.

I hope the board has solid proof and it pisses off the rest of the players.

Fact is the Dogs need half a new side to have any chance of winning a comp soon. Other then Tolman and maybe Graham there side is rather poor all over.

Good luck Des and try and prove yourself as a coach by building a team with NEW players to show its you who did it all.

In fact I hope it is proven he broke his contact this season and the club sues him for this past season salary. lol Show US the money Des!

Manly Sea Eagles stand down coach Des Hasler

I am sick of having to sift through ridiculous postings by these trolls/bulldogs supporters. Moderators start moderating!! I am trying to read the events of this thread ie about Hasler, but having to sift through the nonsense that these people post it's easier just to look at "god forbid it" the daily telegraph site and leave it at that.

Please do something they are really destroying the integrity of this forum.

Hasler you sleep with dogs your gonna wake up with fleas!

Yes and Mr I. You can have our coach and a bunch of our staff and players but the Dogs will never have the heart and soul and succes of our club.

Rex said:
niccipops said:
Mr Invisible you say you are a general rugby league supporter and that you feel sorry for us at the moment. This can't be true because you keep trying to tell us how crap our situation is and seem to be relishing in it.
The waters are murky at the moment but we are still the premiers.
Remember that.

You are perceptive Nicci.

Mr Invisible is clearly more intelligent and articulate than the average Dogs supporter. The only question is whether he is knowingly disingenuous or lacking in self-awareness and doesn't understand his own motivations.

Look past the fluff. Look past the proclamations of empathy. Look past his words to the substance of his actions. His agenda here is to spread and escalate discontent. He is here to undermine. He is here to create harm.

What goes around comes around. The harm he seeks to inflict on us he inflicts on himself.

Got it Rex, right from the start Mr Invisible has been here trying to undermine create harm and enjoying seeing others in discomfort and conflict, and all the while crying crocodile tears saying to us 'bro I'm really sad to see how bad it is for youse guys'.

Bulldust what pathetic excuses mr invisible - you are the sort of lowlife who enjoys relishing in others misery - and creating it too then enjoying watching on. Whats the word for it?

From wikipedia:

"Shadenfreude" the pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others

I have good mates who happen to be bulldogs fans from waaay back and who used to live in the Canterbury area in the 50s and 60s. They are decent people who wouldn't be on here trying to stir up things - you were so eager to try to pull the rug out from under our feet that you couldn't help yourself: even in the grandfinal leadup week and tried to let us know that there waa something rotten going on. As if you were trying to really 'help us'.

Any decent respectful person would have just let the situation be. The only ones to gain from your posts were your own bulldogs mates looking on you 5 letter nasty word.

Your team has a shocker year goes nowhere and the only enjoyment you can get in life is going on the sea eagles forum and trying to relish in our troubles and conflict and create more conflict....oh yes you are trying to 'help us' you empathetic soul and you feel sorry for us... sure you do you moron.

What goes around comes around mr invisible you poisonous 8 letter naughty word now piss off and don't come back

PS: by the way mr invisible I've forgotten who the 2011 Premiers are?

why do people bother answering them?? You know what I check now, posts under 100 and joining date !!!

This debacle highlights the untenable problem with currently contracted coaches signing for opposition teams. The clubs need the option to be able to immediately nullify the existing contract without pay out. The coach needs to be seen (in law) as in default of their contract if they sign for another team while still contracted.

Either the NRL needs to step in, or the contracts need to be adjusted in favour of the club to allow for this happening.

brookiegreg: Have a read http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Please-read-time-to-calm-down it's not too late to avoid a ban.

A few more of you probably need to glance over that thread as well in order to avoid bans.

Ceagle said:
If they do prove that Hasler has been enticing players and staff to break their contracts, what will you say to that?
If that turns out to be the case, then it would seriously cast shadows over him as a person, and as a coach. It would show him to morally questionable as a person.

Rex: You touch on a good point. Many moons ago didn't the NRL forbid player trading until a certain point? These days (and I'm not just talking Manly/Dogs here) but it seems contracts mean NOTHING. So many cancelled contracts or walking out on contracts of late is a joke.

Standing Des down is most logical and sensible thing the board could have done and i applaud them for it. It now draws a line in the sand and should rat out exactly which players want out and who wants to stay. Once we can see clearly who wants out, we can move forward and start replacement stratergies. Onwards and upwards. Viva la progress!!

I wish mr invisible would just piss off and soon

RE: HASLER SACKED

Jono said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
DES Hasler has been stood down by the Sea Eagles tonight over alleged serious breaches to his contract.

Hasler had intended to coach Manly for the 2012 season, despite signing with the Canterbury Bulldogs from 2013.

But a succession of defections from Brookvale to Belmore prompted Manly officials to stand down Hasler for allegedly inducing players to break their contracts.

He will be given a breach notice and given a chance to defend himself before the Manly board.

The Daily Telegraph revealed this morning that the Manly board would meet today to discuss Hasler’s future at the club.

Board members were locked in tense negotiations for more than six hours discussing Hasler's future.

Since Hasler shocked the NRL by announcing his defection to the Bulldogs, Manly’s recruitment manager Noel Cleal and video analyst Will Badel have signed with Canterbury.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-manly-sea-eagles-sack-coach-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226190580262

We have a leak!!! Penn said nothing of the sort in his statement. Either that or its another fluff story.

Des, after the legacy you built I hope you are proud of yourself. You look like a twat now.

I think after watching the Fox Sports story on it while Penn may not have explicitly said this, subsequent nods of the head and telling the journalists to 'use their imagination' or words to those effect when quizzed about this more or less confirmed this is what the board is alledging.

A lot of people are making reference to the Lyon quotes before the GF. What were they?

Ceagle said:
MrInvisible said:
That's respectfully incorrect Rex.

I'm just joe average discussing current issues at hand. Sure it may not be with maroon coloured glasses on, but maybe thats where the misconception about the agenda of my posts comes through.

I'm about on the fence as you get with this one.

I believe the Manly board are doing everything and anything to save their jobs at present, and if that means *bleep*canning a coach that is already leaving the club, so be it.

I believe that it is very strange not to have heard a word from Des yet.

I believe that Des is a very intelligent man, and would not stoop to the accusations made by The Daily Telegraph.

I believe that the Daily Telegraph is trying to milk the story as long as it can. If it was simply a matter of standing him down and him leaving the club, the stories end there. Add in accusations and there is at least another week of stirring the pot. As a Bulldogs supporter I know all too well how much BS the Daily Terrorgraph can make up about a club.

Manly need a cleanout from top to bottom. At the moment it's slowly getting there. Best thing for both Des and the club is simply to walk away from each other and let each individual make their own minds where they want to continue their career.
If they do prove that Hasler has been enticing players and staff to break their contracts, what will you say to that?

Good question. I'd like to know the answer to this as well

manlyfan said:
I think after watching the Fox Sports story on it while Penn may not have explicitly said this, subsequent nods of the head and telling the journalists to 'use their imagination' or words to those effect when quizzed about this more or less confirmed this is what the board is alledging.

A lot of people are making reference to the Lyon quotes before the GF. What were they?

He said that they need to win the game for Des as this might be his last chance.

So he agrees the dogs move is a poor choice! Onya Killer!

MrInvisible said:
brookiegreg: Have a read http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Please-read-time-to-calm-down it's not too late to avoid a ban.

A few more of you probably need to glance over that thread as well in order to avoid bans.

Ceagle said:
If that turns out to be the case, then it would seriously cast shadows over him as a person, and as a coach. It would show him to morally questionable as a person.

Rex: You touch on a good point. Many moons ago didn't the NRL forbid player trading until a certain point? These days (and I'm not just talking Manly/Dogs here) but it seems contracts mean NOTHING. So many cancelled contracts or walking out on contracts of late is a joke.

Look at this filthy merkin,making out as if he has some say in what goes on around here lol

Seriously go tug it out its better out than in

TheEagle: Well aren't you a shining example of an intelligence. If anything a disappointment to those fans that actually contribute here. "I'm not smart enough to have an opinion on the topic at hand so I'll just abuse people and call them names". So very childish. Feel free to attempt to engage in an adult conversation with me, when you get out of diapers. Until then reside on my ignore list as well.

QUESTION: If indeed it's proven that Des was trying to entice players to leave Manly, could that possibly lead to criminal charges (i.e something like espionage, etc) as he is attempting to damage the business.

It's for this reason I doubt the accusations of the Daily Telegraph are true.

The Manly board have simply stated "a serious breach of contract", which could be anything, and also could be nothing (i.e an excuse to appease the members and not make them look bad).

Anyway I think everyone needs to ride this one out over the next few days as I'm sure it'll all come out in the mainstream media with some form of proof.

One question though, if Des contract breach was on the agenda at tonights board meeting, why not just call him to attend the meeting and deal with it tonight (like the Dogs did with Kevin Moore).

Typical scumdog fan! move in one and then there's an infestation of them.So look out fellow Manly fans soon his bro's will be here

"espionage"....are you watching NCIS or CRIMINAL INTENT?Seriously invis....the stork that brought you should be shot for smuggling dope!

MrInvisible said:

Ceagle said:

And you'd be fine with this? All jokes and rips at your club aside, if you do think its fine, either you guys are desperate for a premiership or you don't have an ounce of morals, or pride in your bodies. That would be pretty disappointing to say the least as I expected more from you especially.

MrInvisible said:
TheEagle: Well aren't you a shining example of an intelligence. If anything a disappointment to those fans that actually contribute here. "I'm not smart enough to have an opinion on the topic at hand so I'll just abuse people and call them names". So very childish. Feel free to attempt to engage in an adult conversation with me, when you get out of diapers. Until then reside on my ignore list as well.

QUESTION: If indeed it's proven that Des was trying to entice players to leave Manly, could that possibly lead to criminal charges (i.e something like espionage, etc) as he is attempting to damage the business.

It's for this reason I doubt the accusations of the Daily Telegraph are true.

The Manly board have simply stated "a serious breach of contract", which could be anything, and also could be nothing (i.e an excuse to appease the members and not make them look bad).

Anyway I think everyone needs to ride this one out over the next few days as I'm sure it'll all come out in the mainstream media with some form of proof.

One question though, if Des contract breach was on the agenda at tonights board meeting, why not just call him to attend the meeting and deal with it tonight (like the Dogs did with Kevin Moore).

Maybe because if it's a serious breach it is in Des's best interests to consult legal advice first. Kevin Moore just failed to give you guys victories, he did nothing legally wrong.

This comes under Corporate Laws and Contract Law which requires legal representatives.

The Eagle said:
MrInvisible said:

Ceagle said:

Look at this filthy merkin,making out as if he has some say in what goes on around here lol

Seriously go tug it out its better out than in
Lol u funny bastard

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14