Manly no picnic for 'Teddy'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly no picnic for 'Teddy'

26/02/2008 - By Jon Tuxworth - www.thedaily.com.au

Manly no picnic for 'Teddy' By Jon Tuxworth
http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2008/feb/26/manly-no-picnic-teddy/

MANLY recruit Josh Perry admits he was suffering from being in his ‘comfort zone’ last year.

His beloved Newcastle Knights were struggling. Competition for first grade places was virtually non-existant. And when two of his best mates and fellow forwards Clint Newton and Adam Woolnough were shown the door in the biggest player cull in recent NRL history, the 27-year-old saw the writing on the wall.

After eight years of first grade with the Knights he subsequently signed a three-year contract with the Sea Eagles.

And while there was little threat to his starting spot in the no-name Novocastrian pack, the front rower knows cracking a starting spot at Manly, with the likes of Brent Kite and Jason King in his way, will be tougher than ?Bali’s drug laws.

“That’s one of the reasons why I came here, because the club’s got such a good forward pack,” Perry said.

“I’ll have to be playing at my best to get a start.

“It’s something I probably should have done (leave Newcastle) a while ago. I’ve got that hunger back and am enjoying everything I’m doing at the moment.”

Rather than take a pot shot at the club who had nurtured him into the big time, the man known as “Teddy” said his falling out with Newcastle is forgotton.

“I’m past that now and I’m looking forward to playing at this club and enjoying the next few years,” he said.

“I just thought it was time for me to leave Newcastle. I’m enjoying all the boys and the coaching staff and I couldn’t be happier with my game last week (in a trial against Melbourne) and hopefully I can do the same on Friday night.”

Coming off the most tumultuous season of his career, Perry declared he is looking forward to being on the right side of the scoreboard a few more times this season.

“It will be good to get back that winning attitude,” he said.

“Last year we forgot how to win. Just the atmosphere and everything about the place is really positive.”

I came across the 2006 mid-season Big League.  The Knights were in 4th place and that's where they would end up that year.  Guess who was the player listed as "underperforming and needs to lift"?

Josh Perry.

He should not kid himself that it was just 2007 that was ordinary. 

Mata, he has come out and officially said he was flat for a good number of years up there. He said morale was low for a decent amount of time. Hagan got punted, and there was in fighting etc.

Don't death ride him just yet mate. He'll be a weapon. Mark my words.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6