Manly needs a culture change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Manly's culture is stuck. Stuck in Des's old school world of secrecy and under the damn radar. Stuff it. Why can't the club move into reality and A) Publish injury status updates on a regular basis and B)Level with the fans on player contract's - Foran's being a classic case in point. It's time to move forward out of the control freaky Des Hasler led past.

I don't agree. Injury updates would be good. However, i don't believe contract negotiations are anyones business except the parties involved. It would be nice if it didn't take so long though.

WAMF said:
I didn't see anything in Baz's post that mentioned detailing player salaries.
I was at a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park in Boston recently, and in the program guide all the players salaries are itemised, some were 6-8 mill and the lower ranked ones were on a minimum $400,000.

bazeagle said:
Manly's culture is stuck. Stuck in Des's old school world of secrecy and under the damn radar. Stuff it. Why can't the club move into reality and A) Publish injury status updates on a regular basis and B)Level with the fans on player contract's - Foran's being a classic case in point. It's time to move forward out of the control freaky Des Hasler led past.

I don't hear the Bulldogs telling the world how their negotations with Foran are going so why should we? It sounds to me like it would put us at a severe disadvantage if the club had to report to fans throughout the process. There is a reason why these types of negotiations are confidential.

No NRL clubs go out of their way to advertise those kind of things, why would they?

Contract & injury information is readily available in most North American sports because the league(s) require teams to do so.

That's right WAMF. Thanks for the support. Guys, this thread is about better communication from the club on injury status and contractual negotiations plus overall more player info and club info too. We seem to be stuck in the past here big time and the current process is outdated and it doesn't work from this fans perspective. Please stick to the topic posters and try to avoid seeking to find a hole in my post because you don't like my Gallop stance.

I agree with injuries. The only people they are keeping in the dark is the fans. If a journo wants to know who is playing in a side this weekend, they need to ask the opposition coach because they know whose in or out. Clubs aren't keeping anything secret from their opposition so just let the fans know.

I actually think we should borrow a system from the AFL when it comes to naming their teams. They do it a bit later in the week though, but when they name their starting side, they can name 3 emergencies and if anyone was to pull out before the game then only one of the emergencies can come in, (actually they can bring in someone else but it will result in a fine). They also have to regularly circulate injury reports from the club.

As far as wages go, there are no secrets in the US, but thats because most of their sports are about the money. We like our athletes to be a little bit more humble here and I'm not sure they'd appreciate it. Although it would take out the conjecture with the salary cap and fans guessing as to how much a player is worth/getting paid.

bazeagle said:

Its not the Manly clubs (or any one clubs) responsibility. Both A & B need to be game wide initiatives. As someone rightly pointed out above, speak to gallop & the IC.

I expect more info Kiwi Eagle, not the head in sand Des old school approach which is outdated and back in the Zorba era. Gods sake we live in a social media ****storm so how about getting with the program?

So what are you expecting ?

When the deal is offered, what the terms are, the players response etc ?

No club in their right mind would be sending that info out mid negotiation mate

I really can't see what more they can tell us on the matter

Ha interesting. You guys are itching to find a hole in my argument. Whatever.
My suggestion: A decision is expected on the Foran contractual situation straight after the Dgs match because the club and Keiran are committed to not destabilising the build up to this important match.

btw the reason I picked this one as a suggestion is that I believe he is gone and will announce it after the game.

Happy now KE and SER8?

Not looking for any hole at all, just an example of what you are wanting

On your example, is a nice theory but could also be seen by the player in question as a hindrance to negotiations and added pressure that could see a potential deal fall through

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8