1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly in the NBA

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Matabele, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I hate basketball.  Would have no idea.

2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Tough question, I don't really have any idea which teams are hated tbh

In terms of recent performance, you would probably look at the Celtics, have languished near the bottom for many years, but last season went out and bought some big guns in which got them the NBA title last season. Also are the most successful side in NBA history

If I was looking for others, in terms of hate I think the Dallas Mavericks would be up there, always spending massive money on big names, have a high profile owner who is hated, but for all this they have had no success at all

Lakers are a traditionally strong side, who have been rebuilding their roster to be runner up last season

From a purely playing point of view, you could look at the San Antonio Spurs as a great parallel to us, have won 4 titles in recent seasons, and play a great team game based around 1-2 superstars with everyone else filling their roles

3. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Yeah I'd go with the Celtics- also because I support them- when I started supporting them they were great, then they were **** for a bit but they have come back this year and won- just like Manly

4. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    The Chicago Bulls were up there for a while in the Michael Jordan era and the LA Lakers also dominated for some time. Neither are much loved by the other teams.

5. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Yeah but the Lakers had a song of homage sung about them by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, so they're excused.