Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
The article is a fairly complete summary of problems within the club. Some of it appears to be from inside sources. However, I wonder how much data has been sourced from Silvertails Forum :)

I found this para intrguing & indightful into the dynamic within the player group

"It is understood that some players are concerned that others are receiving preferential treatment and not taking accountability for their own performances.
A senior player tried to shift the blame of a poor defensive read which led to a try to junior player in a recent video session. That was met with eye roles from his teammates who have now become accustomed to this."
Would that be our dreadful right side defense. DCE constantly turning in or running up and blaming Koula or Harper at center for missing tackles.

Nothing to see here. One more year for Hasler. Signings lined up for 2024. New assistants for 2023 as a bandaid.
Rest assured, that "result driven business " comment will be thrown around.

All of the above are conjecture but plausible

“We are still backing him, mmmm, I dont like the sound of that. Hey Scotty, how about looking at your own performance as well as others. You know that saying, people in glass houses

is anyone else coming back to this page half expected breaking news that Des is gone? It feels like it’s imminent

Adding these stupid clauses in Halsers contract means he needed to think short term and play it safe with his selections for results. Unfortunately too many injuries and the lack of quality players have exposed Manlys poor recruitment this season yet again. If the Fulton's are upset because we have used Foran at 5/8 instead of that out of shape, boycotting 🌈 warrior Schuster so be it. I much rather Foran because I know what I will get from him each week.

As much as I'd like to think Jake and Turbo aint going nowhere, I wouldn't count on it. If the club is anything like the mess this article alludes to, I wouldn't blame the brothers for moving on to a club that can better support them in reaching professional goals, enjoying their footy and making the most of their talent. It's just incredible that in the year 2022 in a billion dollar professional sport we still have a club run like this. It's at a point where I myself, as a decades long fan, am seriously considering walking away from this game.

I think people (myself included) are over reacting a fair bit, from the senior management right down to the fans.

Does anyone not think injuries and plain old bad luck had anything to do with the end result. Bare with me and please read on.

We lost our best player in round 11, in a match we were very unlucky to lose 22-20 vs Eels.

3 weeks later we blew that winning lead vs Cowboys to lose 26-28.

The next week we almost blew a good half time lead vs Storm to win 36-30.

Covid hits round 19 vs Dragons at a bogey venue.

Round 20 sees 10 players elect not to play because they dont like the jersey we are going to wear vs Chooks and we get beaten by just 10 points.

Round 21 we are 14-14 all vs Eels and fade to get beaten 36-20.

The last 3 rounds were totally injury riddled with Jake and Garrick going down after the round 22 game.

So without Tommy we beat the Storm, and get pipped by Cowboys once and the Eels twice.

Without Toms injury (vs Eels) and the jersey saga (vs Chooks) we win those two matches and its season on.

Everyone needs to get a grip, take a deep breath and stick together. Calling to sack this bloke and that coach and the winger and the next prop is way over the top.

Lets get some new blood in to replace the departing players, maybe add to the coaching or training personnel.

There is no reason with a decent run of luck we cant finish in the top half again next year.

Last edited:
Hasler saw the 32-year-old Foran as his best chance to win now and give himself some job security - he has clauses in his contract that extended his deal depending on whether he finished in the top eight and top six

Sources said they viewed Foran as a handbrake to Schuster’s development. The alternative view was that Schuster needed to take some responsibility for his own actions.
He has struggled at times with his weight and fitness, although sources close to the talented youngster insist that can partly be explained by the indecisiveness over his future. He believed he had to put on weight to play in the back row.
The concern for Manly is that Schuster is believed to be considering his future at the club - it is understood he was weighing up asking for a release as he grew frustrated with his treatment.

And here is the problem. Des trying to sure up his short term contract extension pay days at the expense of creating a future Manly success. The Penns need to own a lot of this schiit as it's there clauses that have caused Des into this short term thinking.

The article is a fairly complete summary of problems within the club. Some of it appears to be from inside sources. However, I wonder how much data has been sourced from Silvertails Forum :)

I found this para intrguing & indightful into the dynamic within the player group

"It is understood that some players are concerned that others are receiving preferential treatment and not taking accountability for their own performances.
A senior player tried to shift the blame of a poor defensive read which led to a try to junior player in a recent video session. That was met with eye roles from his teammates who have now become accustomed to this."
The only senior players out there recently would be Dce, Marty and foz, maybe walker. All the rest couldn’t be considered senior players. My money is on Marty, Dce tends to accept blame on behalf of the team.

So the Turbo’s are thinking about quitting as well.

Gee the cupboard might be very bare in 2023.

Bob was brilliant but Horne rest of the Fulton family have been riding on his cotails and under performing in their roles for years. I suspect they heavily backed the Penns. As long as this self entitled lot hold our club to ransom we will struggle to compete in the modern game.
In their midst, the CEO Killer and the Lobster/Crab Pot Poacher.

And just like dad, there’s the Fulton family and their friends. Then there are the Nevilles.

is anyone else coming back to this page half expected breaking news that Des is gone? It feels like it’s imminent
If you were Des and an idiot like Penn was questioning you what would you do? I'd tell 'em to get ****ed. The **** is not short of a quid. Why deal wth those Penn dickheads? Why?

This article seems to contain plenty of BS and speculation.The key part that ticks me off is the dragging in of the Trbojevic’s to the s**tfight.I highly doubt they’re considering anything that the journos have speculated but the media know that if the Trbojevic’s are mentioned in the story along with the chance of departing,it’ll create more interest in the article

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11