Manly home game V Eels @ Homebush

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Snippet from sports confidential
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/warnie-safe-despite-nine-crack/story-e6freye0-1225790896617

NO wonder it's got to a stage where most normal-minded NRL clubs are looking to gain extra revenue by moving blockbuster games to bigger stadiums, just once or twice a year. Look at Manly's situation. They began the season as  premiers and should have made a packet from crowds, merchandising and sponsorship. Instead they will report a loss of about  $500,000 this year. We're told they will seriously consider moving next year's home game against Parramatta to Homebush. "We could get over 45,000 fans instead of 20,000 at Brookie,''  co-owner Max Delmege said. "It's something we'd have to look at to boost our revenue but just as importantly allow all fans to get a ticket andwatch the game.''

it was always going to happen, no major renovations to Brookie, no corporate boxes, tiny leagues club grant, one of the smallest membership!

It's time to re-develop Brookie NOW!! How long can we keep losing dollars??
It's going to affect re-signing top players if we are cash short!!

Don't go to Central Coast!! Didn't work before, won't again, its Brookie or Sydney Footy Stadium (holds 40k, loads of corporate, guaranteed dollars)

otherwise in 5 years time we could be sold up to Rockhampton, Central Coast, Sunshine Coast etc on a PERMANENT Basis, get pro-active now!

Darren link said:
it was always going to happen, no major renovations to Brookie, no corporate boxes, tiny leagues club grant, one of the smallest membership!

It's time to re-develop Brookie NOW!! How long can we keep losing dollars??
It's going to affect re-signing top players if we are cash short!!

Don't go to Central Coast!! Didn't work before, won't again, its Brookie or Sydney Footy Stadium (holds 40k, loads of corporate, guaranteed dollars)

otherwise in 5 years time we could be sold up to Rockhampton, Central Coast, Sunshine Coast etc on a PERMANENT Basis, get pro-active now!
What a joke one of the architects of why we had a bad season Max ( Penn also to blame) now wants to move game to make money.I'm starting to doubt both owners Max wants to move games to Homebush,Gosford or anywere and Penn is looking to take team to NQ I fear for the future of this club.We will never see a Brookvale update we all no that.

Well, the trouble with having owners means that they end up getting what they want. I don't think that their footballing nouse is that great, either. It is like if I was owner of Essendon FC in the AFL. I wouldn't know a thing about AFL but I would want to throw my weight around to justify my financial commitment. If we are actually listening to these blokes re footy matters, then things are crook. I am concerned about our future, especially with the Central Coast more than likely getting a gurnsey in the not too distant future. Make no mistake, they WON'T let us keep all of the north shore. It will just mean that we are in an isolated pocket of Sydney, just like the Sharks. I am concerned about the future...it just seems that we are drifting at the moment with no plan

How long will the owners keep putting up more money and will one of the owners have the capacity to put in more money?

Good questions Tookey. It is not panic stations yet but these issues are of long-term concern. Brookie development is important no matter what but prudent management, looking to the future is essential.

It is imperative that the 'old guard' don't prevent important and needed change in the manner in which the club is administered. 

With us alreayd haveing committed to having two games up at Central Caost, it will be interesting to know what the Football Club thinks of this.

Bob reilly has said before that part of the issues on the board early this year was due to the Penns & Mayer allegedy considering moving some games away. 

Now Max is highlighting the need to move games away from Brookie apart from the two already slated as paying in Gosford.

Anyway time will tell, as much as I love brookie I dont want to love the club to death - if we are to move 'blockbusters' prefer the SFS or SCG over Olympic Park

I blame Tony Abbott for our curent predicament with Brookie oval.

The libs were in power for long enough and had heaps of surplus money that they would easily have thrown a lazy $10m at us the redevelop brookie oval.

He only offered us money when he knew that the Libs were in trouble and only then on the basis that they got back into power which at the time was looking impossible. 

The club should put a life ban on him entering the ground. 

Nothing will happen to Brookie because the Libs see it as a safe seat and Labour see it as a seat they will never win. Add too that the Greens dont see the improvement as a priority.

Nothing is going happen unless they find a benefactor to pay for it and no one will. 

There's only one group to blame in all this & that's the fans who didn't show up. The 50,000 odd bandwagon jumpers who attended the GF.

If most of them came to three or four games per year at Brooky, our average would be pushing the 20K mark, as it should be.

The ground doesn't need re-development, peoples attitudes do.

People's attitudes might need rearranging but anyone who claims that Brookie does not need redevelopment has had too many hits to the head!!!! It is now antiquated in terms of modern stadia and needs new catering facilities, better toilets, an Eastern grandstand and so much more. I love Brookie but many people don't travel to watch us and we are pretty marketable at present.

Die hard attitudes like leave Brookie alone are the sort of mentality that will 'love' our club to death and oblivion!!!

Maybe someone should talk to Lowy about siting a soccer team at Brookvale.  lt could encompass Brookvale redevelopment to suit games in the World Cup.  Apparently there's two billion to throw at upgrading sporting stadiums for that tournament. 

DSM5 link said:
Maybe someone should talk to Lowy about siting a soccer team at Brookvale.  lt could encompass Brookvale redevelopment to suit games in the World Cup.  Apparently there's two billion to throw at upgrading sporting stadiums for that tournament.   

You think would get through the local council......

lsz link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181946.msg244897#msg244897 date=1256527056]

You think would get through the local council......
[/quote]

probably need to hire a hitman to take out Kirsch 1st

I checked on this story and there are no plans to take the Parra home game away from Brookie.

It will of course come as no surprise to many of you to hear that I support the posters on here who advocate more people taking up memberships, purchasing merchandise directly from the club (rather than Rebel or Best and Less etc) and getting to games as and when they can to support the team financially and ensure that we continue to be able to attract and retain players, have a top quality support staff and have a team to support for many more years

Vidmar

I am getting more and more annoyed at the way the northern beaches are being treated and the fact that a major ground of the NRL is being left so far behind.  :mad:

Fitzy's $26M parting gift

The Daily Telegraph can reveal plans for a $26 million grandstand to be constructed at the southern end of Parramatta Stadium, where the Brett Kenny terrace currently sits. State Cabinet is understood to be discussing the project this week.

Fitzgerald, a Parramatta Stadium trustee, has twice travelled to Canberra lobbying the Federal Government for funds.

The State Government has already granted $6 million with the Trust hoping for another $6 million. Fitzgerald hopes that $12 million would then be matched by the Federal Government. Parramatta Stadium would pay the additional amount.

The ground currently holds 20,000 but would increase to 23,000 with a gymnasium, additional dressingrooms and corporate rooms included.

Parramatta's overwhelming support was evident during the club's emotional charge to this year's Grand Final.

A new grandstand would also make the stadium more appealing to the new western Sydney A-League franchise.

The corporate facilities would accommodate weddings, expos, dinners and trade shows.

Our competive advantage or our ability to be competive in business terms is sllowly being eaten away by the ALP's pork barrelling.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8