manly golden eagles blog

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
i don't know how many others read this but i thought the posts should be shared on here(if they are already on here i apoligise):
from manlygoldeneagles.com.au

Bend But Do Not Break
BY RUSSELL WARD / TUESDAY, 07 APRIL 2015 / PUBLISHED IN NEWS

If rugby league has taught me anything, it’s the art of mental toughness. It is so important to be strong between the ears, not only in football but in all walks of life.

In 2012 my wife was diagnosed with cancer in London. It was a devastating blow and we weren’t prepared for the hard times that followed, but to this day I believe that mental toughness helped get me through it. On so many occasions, I was bent to the point of no return yet I refused to be broken. And do you know who the first people to come rushing to my side were when we found out?

My old team mates.

Matty Ballin, Chad Randall, Steve Menzies, Luke Dorn, Anthony Watmough, Steve Matai, Heath L’Estrange, Glenn Hall, Josh Perry, Michael Robertson, Jason King. These guys were the first people to message me when they learned of our terrible news. And their messages were simple and to the point: “If you need anything – anything at all – I’m here for you.”

This is what I call loyalty. This is how I describe brotherhood. This is what I recognise as the enduring character of the Sea Eagles family.

In these current times, we – as supporters of the Sea Eagles and all of us part of this closeknit sporting family – need to keep that in mind.

Player movements and bad press about the players and the staff have been a kick in the guts to everybody who loves the Sea Eagles as I do. The show of unity after the win against the Storm a few weeks ago was beyond amazing. To me, it was a slap in the face to the journos who had nothing else to write about other than recent events at Manly.

As a former player, I know just how hard the team is working and just how hard the front office is working to right the wrongs of the past. A part of me wished I could have been in that huddle with the boys to show that I am, and always will be, behind them, as are all of the Golden Eagles members. We look after our own!

Player movements in today’s game are inevitable. It’s impossible to build a premiership winning team and then keep hold of everyone. The fact that we’ve been able to remain such a force in the NRL and win numerous premierships is testament to the determination and loyalty of the players and coaching staff. Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai and Matty Ballin have been together for a long time – since the early 2000s!

Then consider the others, such as Jason King, Anthony Watmough, Glen Stewart and Brent Kite, who have either changed clubs or retired in recent years, and then you realise how it has been a massive effort to get to where we are.

It’s also important to remember that we have an impressive football department – Geoff Toovey, Donny Singe, Andre Rickenbach, Alex Ross and Steve Gigg have been there longer than most of the current squad and are club legends in their own right.

My point here is a simple one.

While results may be disappointing at present, we should never waiver in our support of those who wear the maroon and white. We have some incredibly talented players who have only recently joined us and are still finding their way and their place in the playing structure. Give them time – game time – and they will deliver.

One thing I am excited about is the overall performance from our young guns. I think that Jake Trbojevic has been great in the last few weeks and his little brother Tom was outstanding on the weekend. We have so much talent coming through the ranks that it’s hard not to be optimistic about the Sea Eagles future.

Stay strong people because we have a decade of success behind us and even more to come in our future, I guarantee.

Let’s make sure that, while we may sometimes bend, we will NEVER EVER break!

‘Why?’
BY MARK BRYANT / WEDNESDAY, 22 APRIL 2015 / PUBLISHED IN NEWS

I have never believed in kicking a man why he is down. I have always been of the opinion that you should do all you can to help out people when they are suffering. Friends, strangers where possible and especially family!

I have also been a big believer in the Sea Eagles family since I first arrived at the club back in late 2004. I was welcomed with open arms by the players, coaches, sponsors and supporters and I am proud to say that I still call many of the players, coaches, sponsors and supporters my close friends today. As you can imagine I’m pretty pissed off with the way that some people who are supposed to have the club best interest at heart, especially supporters and those that have had a hand in running the club in previous years are now taking to not only social media but papers and TV to have a crack at our boys why they are down…

What has happened to the Sea Eagles family??

We used to be united because everyone ‘loves to hate Manly’. It seems that a few bad results have fractured that one eyed passion of some people.

I know that it is hard to see the team losing, and to be honest we as Manly fans have become pretty used to winning. I know that people out there who are absolutely beaming with joy because of where we sit on the ladder. They love to read manly fans on Facebook spraying their team. These sad people actually get joy from the fact that our great club is going through some pain at present.

Wouldn’t it be good if we were as unified in defeat as we were in victory..?

Wouldn’t that speak volumes about us as a club if we could stare the haters in the eye and say ‘I don’t care what you say, I back my team no matter what!!’..

If you look at the players we have lost over recent years and add the amount of injuries we have had so far this year, its no wonder we are under pressure. People talk a lot about Sea Eagles culture and let me tell you, had it not been for the culture that still and will always exist in the Maroon & White jersey the score last weekend would have been 50-0 after the start we had. The Sea Eagles are tough, they respond, they fight! We need to get behind them!

If the next home game at Brookvale on Sunday May 10th is packed with Sea Eagles fans, what will that do for the team? And what will it say about us as fans?

The Golden Eagles will be there in as many numbers as we can muster to let the boys know that we are behind them 100%.

image credit – abc.net.au

Will you join us??

Hope to see you on the Hill.

Cheers

Mark ‘Boxy’ Bryant

‘The ANZAC Spirit’
BY MARK BRYANT / WEDNESDAY, 29 APRIL 2015 / PUBLISHED IN NEWS

Wow! What an awesome effort from the boys on Saturday. If ever a team typified the spirit of ANZAC day it was the boys in Maroon & White last Saturday night!

Backs against the wall, pushing the sh*t up hill, under enormous pressure and what did they do..? They dug deep for each other and ripped into the opposition!

I couldn’t sit down while watching the game and nearly woke my kids when I yelled out after Wolfie scored that try! It was great to see Snake & Jorge Taufua back in action as well as Justin Horo punching through the line like he did. DCE was impressive as was Jake Trbojevic who ran for 148m! Massive effort from a young bloke and we are glad that he and his brother Tom have resigned with the club this week also.

I have said all along that the boys just needed time and above all our support. I hope the win on the weekend ignites fans passion again and they decide to make the effort and get down to Brookvale for the next home game on Sunday May 10th. This is our first chance to pack the Hill on a Sunday and cheer the boy’s home. I have called on the Golden Eagles Association’ members to get there as well and so far have had 20 confirmed that they will be there. We will be at the Leagues Club before and after the game and you wont miss us in the ‘Golden Eagles Marquee’, which will be located on ‘The Hill’.

The day will be proudly sponsored by Australian International Traders, Manly Leagues club and Everything Sports. All fantastic supporters of the Golden Eagles Association!

We hope that all Manly fans will come and say hello and help the Golden Eagles cheer on the Sea Eagles.

See you at the Fortress!!

Cheers

Mark Bryant

Photo credit- abc.net.au

Always thought Boxhead was an honest toiler and someone you needed in your team in the days of the salary cap to balance the huge incomes of the superstars. Since coming back to Manly he has grown as a person in my books and the work he is doing now is up there with many of the best.

Great stuff

Absolute gold. These guys are the heart of soul of what Manly's about. Complaining isn't and never has been in our makeup but sadly I see way too much of it. I'm one eyed. Manly is always the choice. No matter how far the ball is passed forward it always back. The refs blow a penalty against us, they're wrong. And it is Us against the rest. Have we forgot? Every time we complain it's fodder for those hack journos. Give them nothing and call people out on it. Argue in a private chat by all means but don't make it public.
Good on you Golden Eagles. That put the warmth back in my heart. I'm with you and Manly all the way.
Beware the wounded Eagle.
#bleedmanly

Success comes from arrogance- greatness comes from humility. We are so very fortunate to be supporters of the greatest team on earth - go manly

i thought i'd share these on here because i'm over reading all the 'doom & gloom' posts lately & a bit of perspective couldn't hurt.
for those who haven't been to their website, you can register for a newsletter to be sent out monthly(i think) with posts similar to what you read above

I also had the pleasure of meeting boxhead once. What a manly legend and what a great job he is doing with the golden eagles.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8