Manly for sale mega rumours: Norths/Qatar/kapersky/etc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I’m loving the banter on Facebook / Twitter with the delusional old Bears supporters thinking they are about to exact revenge on those dastardly Sea Eagles who “ stole our club”.

Yes I did say delusional!!

I have asked this question a few times on here in regards to Manly's effort to engage with the WHOLE of the Northern Suburbs of Sydney. Not fostering this area in its entirety only encourages the Bears from time to time. Take the area out of their hands - take it as ours and if they don't like it, tell them to f*ck off! Seriously, Manly, kill them off for good. Am I missing something here?? Is there a reason we can't do it, other than being intimidated by Florimo?
One answer could be that there is a gentleman’s agreement between the two district clubs to allow Norths to ‘retain’ their Northside presence for a potential return to the NRL one day;

Another could be that our organisation is just too financially constricted to undertake such a strategy, in anything other than a halfhearted manner;

They are simply incompetent; or

A combination of some, if not all, of the above.

Norths' are probably financially stronger than Manly because of their successful Leagues Club and the fact that many major corporations have their headquarters in North Sydney, increasing sponsorship opportunities.

One answer could be that there is a gentleman’s agreement between the two district clubs to allow Norths to ‘retain’ their Northside presence for a potential return to the NRL one day;

Another could be that our organisation is just too financially constricted to undertake such a strategy, in anything other than a halfhearted manner;

Lock in B&C for me Eddie....

Norths' are probably financially stronger than Manly because of their successful Leagues Club and the fact that many major corporations have their headquarters in North Sydney, increasing sponsorship opportunities.
They've also saved a fortune since the bears became extinct...they haven't been throwing away good money every year to a deadbeat side with a historic mediocre mentality and branding.

I have asked this question a few times on here in regards to Manly's effort to engage with the WHOLE of the Northern Suburbs of Sydney. Not fostering this area in its entirety only encourages the Bears from time to time. Take the area out of their hands - take it as ours and if they don't like it, tell them to f*ck off! Seriously, Manly, kill them off for good. Am I missing something here?? Is there a reason we can't do it, other than being intimidated by Florimo?
Florimo is the CEO of the North Sydney Unicorns. I wonder what he declares to the ATO!

Manly Daily 2018-05-09

Penn could not Bear to sell Eagles
Manly owner says the NRL club is not for sale

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

Sea Eagles star Tom Trbojevic tackled by Rooster Luke Keary last Sunday. Picture: AAP

image.ashx

Sea Eagles owner Rick Penn.

AN angry Sea Eagles owner Rick Penn has declared the club is not for sale and that his family has not been approached by any potential buyers.

The businessman has spoken out after it was reported a consortium of entrepreneurs was behind a proposal for bitter rivals, the North Sydney Bears, to take over the Manly club.

And that came after claims last week that a group of Qatari ruling families was eyeing off the NRL club.

Penn is clearly frustrated about all the speculation and said someone was trying to destabilise the club.

“With what we have put into Manly and our vision for the future and our passion, no way in the world (would we sell),” Penn said.

“It’s a bit like you are comfortable in your home and somebody walks down the street and says, ‘I understand someone wants to buy your house’.

“We have not been approached by anybody, we have not heard from anybody.

“And we wouldn’t even be sitting down with them if they did.

“There is somebody out there trying to bring the brand down.

“And I can’t imagine anybody with more integrity than ourselves … we really respect our brand.

“We’ve the best board, the best CEO, the best coach we’ve had in our time there.”

Penn said coach Trent Barrett was still improving and he had a lot of faith in Barrett and the Sea Eagles players.

And while there have been a series of recent dramas Penn said he was confident about the club’s long-term future.

“I feel we’ve got a terrific team to go forward,” he said.

He also said the club had some exciting plans for the development of their home ground, Lottoland.
Surprise...surprise...surprise...the day after the Norths’ buyout story, comes Silent P’s* response, posing as the white knight out to save the Sea Eagles. Fancy that?

David Williams also sends a big cheerio.

*Would you buy a used car from that man?

If there was/is a gentlemen's agreement, tear the thing up. Norths will knife us the first chance they get!

Surprise...surprise...surprise...the day after the Norths’ buyout story, comes Silent P’s* response, posing as the white knight out to save the Sea Eagles. Fancy that?

Well as it would be the 'best' car - yes :giggle:

Any Manly story that that is not about Messiah J is fine by me :nerd:

I've met O'Sullivan. If we sign him on as list / recruitment manager, I'd expect some very big name players coming. We'll be like Storm / Chooks though. Don't get attached to players. They'll be moved on if they don't perform.

Almost as if someone is manipulating the media to make themselves look good.

I found someone from the bears mgt yesterday and asked him how the bid was coming along....

Edit: I filmed this. Gimme a medal.

As much as the sentiment is right re the football club consider the following scenario

1. The NRL creates some form of minimum ground requirement / criteria (similar to what happened to soufs)

2. Manly are unable to meet the criteria meaning the NRL forces through a sale or revoke of the licence…which will be then down to the Penns / fans to fight

Which means the club could be anywhere (and is beyond stupid considering the game could do with a couple more clubs)

If they deem the ground unsuitable, they will have to do the same for Leichhardt and Shark Park, and if that is still the case, we will have the option of playing at another ground, Allianz or ANZ

The do a great job in business, in fact all the Middle East carriers do!!

I can remember watching the Big Bash on the big screen laying back in my sleeper seat on Etihad a few years ago!!

And Emirates, that bar upstairs in the A380, wow that’s something!!
Hoping to fly Emirates later this year! Heard it’s amazing

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12