Manly football department had to change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The expectation with a premiership winning team that Toovey inherited was always going to be high, making it a tough job. After losing the 2013 grandfinal that we probably could have won. Manly followed it up with that weak finals exit in 2014 and 2015 was just a continuation of the garbage, something had to be done.

What exactly was the point of this article. I can see zero benefit to anyone. Makes penn look even more bitter & twisted and puts everyone else offside. Geez people keep telling us fans/supporters to build a bridge. Sounds like the bridge penn needs to build is way too big and will never be built. Seriously just shut it mate!

All spin and bull**** aside, we're stuck with the Penns (at least for now) and the new coaching regime. But, as others have mentioned, their incessant attempts to justify their actions ("Pennmanship", as I like to call it) are all based on Barrett and the new coaching staff achieveing immediate success. Problem is, winning an NRL premiership isn't as easy as Penn seems to think it is. There are 15 other clubs that have the same aim, every year. We used to have an advantage because we were different. We weren't like every other club. We trusted and promoted our own and believed in ourselves. But all the Penns' "reforms" may have changed that.
Don't forget, all they have achieved so far is change. Whether that change leads to success remains to be seen. I hope it does, and I wish Barrett well, but he really is under the pump.

Last edited:
Just as I said in my first sentence, people judge this according to their current pre-disposition rather than dispassionately assessing the facts. I totally get that and I won't criticise anyone's views.

You say you won't criticise anyone's views but then you say nobody on this site is capable of objective analysis on this topic. Some might take that as criticism, and I don't think it's true.

Are your own views based on your own current pre-disposition?

I seriously wonder what peoples opinions of the whole process will be if Manly go on to win it this year. Will people still be bitter at a management team that delivered a Premiership or will all be forgotten and forgiven?

Toovey's ultimate undoing was his loyalty to his players.

Penn hints Tooves wasn't loyal (moving Gift on) but then some suggest he was too loyal.

I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle. Penn's attempt to paint everything (the blaming of others for their own DCE negotiation stuff-up once they had control, is laughable) serves no purpose here.

If the club is serious about accountability then whoever the media manager is, should be sacked by now.

I seriously wonder what peoples opinions of the whole process will be if Manly go on to win it this year. Will people still be bitter at a management team that delivered a Premiership or will all be forgotten and forgiven?
Perhaps for some but not for me. We aren't talking about sacking a Peter Sharp coach here.

The expectation with a premiership winning team that Toovey inherited was always going to be high, making it a tough job. After losing the 2013 grandfinal that we probably could have won. Manly followed it up with that weak finals exit in 2014 and 2015 was just a continuation of the garbage, something had to be done.
We got within a whisker of being 2013 Premiers, all it took was one of the 4 officials to see the forward pass everyone else saw. 2014 wasn't a great result, but look at our 2009 effort after the 2008 success. We then followed that up by limping into the 2010 final 8 to get pumped again. Were you calling for Dessie's head after that ??

We got within a whisker of being 2013 Premiers, all it took was one of the 4 officials to see the forward pass everyone else saw. 2014 wasn't a great result, but look at our 2009 effort after the 2008 success. We then followed that up by limping into the 2010 final 8 to get pumped again. Were you calling for Dessie's head after that ??
The sucess in 2013 was all down to Brad Arthur's coaching of the team and not Toovey.

Or at least that is what foran wants us to believe.

No one seems to last long in their job when they don't get on with their boss no matter how good they are

So DCE was happy to sign in December then after signed with the Tits and it was a back office issue - a back office with one change, one change that Penn made........

Manly owner Scott Penn has opened up on the tumultuous year at the club
I stopped reading at this point as I knew I could assume what followed was bull****.

If and when Tooves would care to open up about that "tumultuous year at the club" then I would be prepared to listen. I know I could rely to hear the truth from a man with more integrity in his pinky than what the Penns have in their entire family.

Riddle me this - why does Penn have to redrege the past constantly. If only his ego matched his business acumen and sense of deceny. Lucky he has daddy's money. He and Zorba just love to keep picking at those festering sores. We know all this - why bring it up again and again and again. Poor Tooves - sitting back quietly unable to say anything as they haven't paid him the balance of his money. Where are the so called Men of Honour that Scotty referred to once?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8