Manly fan numbers soaring

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My kids & I are signed up for next season, now time to get friends & family on deck.

Brookvale - the Christmas present membership idea sounds a winner.

Gotta agree with Byso on the Fatty comment. The club is pitching to boost membership and win over those not committed. A few old dinosaurs are still aghast at Fatty for a few (maybe good) reasons but he is a Manly icon and openly bats for the club.

As for whether he was paid, my guess is that the club will neither confirm or deny.

Larissa said:
Hi guys,

Whenever we speak about 'Sea Eagles' Members we mean ticketed and non-ticketed Members whose fees go directly to the running of the football team.

Our results are great so far, but we can do better. My aim is to give the Rabbitohs, Dragons and Roosters a run for their money.

If there is anything the Membership Team and I can do to help you please get in touch by calling 02 9970 3000 or email [email protected]

Thanks for all your support guys.

Go Manly!

Larissa

Should catch Easts easy.
Souths have gotta learn that a 1 match membership does not count as a ticketed member (hence the crowd difference average of 15k last season and apparent 20k 'ticketed' members (I think the NRL know about this little scheme but won't pull them up on it).
Saints are what we should be aiming for 20k

Berkeley_Eagle said:
so where can we see the numbers of Manly v other clubs

NRL website puts them up eventually (not sure when).
But some clubs ie Souffs and Dragons have theirs on there website. Btw congrats on putting that up on ours Larrisa!
Another way is on most NRL forums (not club specific like this one - sorry Dan) like LU members will post up numbers of their respective club.

Most clubs usually update weekly

eagles2win said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
so where can we see the numbers of Manly v other clubs

NRL website puts them up eventually (not sure when).
But some clubs ie Souffs and Dragons have theirs on there website. Btw congrats on putting that up on ours Larrisa!
Another way is on most NRL forums (not club specific like this one - sorry Dan) like LU members will post up numbers of their respective club.

Most clubs usually update weekly

The MWSE site has as sitting on 3738 so far. Not sure how up to date it is

Would be better off having Cliffy Lyon and beaver as our faces for membership drives than Vautin.

It would be interesting to know how many memberships were signed prior to des leaving and how many since. I would think that quite a few would have been signed prior to the GF to go into the draw for the prize.

Crusher_Cleal said:
Finally some good news. Hopefully Perry's government lobbying skills are up to scratch too. Time for some brown-nosing, Dave.

They would have to be better than the Halser/Peters performance at DY RSL earlier this year.

How could Beaver be the face of a membership drive of one club whilst contracted to another? Sorry lads. Can't happen.

Also, Cliffy isn't what you would call media friendly.

Judging by the footy shows ratings for the past 10 years Vautin isn't too popular either.

Cliffy doesn't meet your silvertails standards? What's wrong with a working class bloke promoting a working class game with a fag hanging out his mouth, beer in one hand and playing the pokies with the other? Might attract a whole new generation of members.

Canteen Worker said:
Gotta agree with Byso on the Fatty comment. The club is pitching to boost membership and win over those not committed. A few old dinosaurs are still aghast at Fatty for a few (maybe good) reasons but he is a Manly icon and openly bats for the club.

As for whether he was paid, my guess is that the club will neither confirm or deny.

Openly bats for the club? Get rid of the "for". He hasn't had a positive thing to say about Manly in years. Lol the only old dinosaurs (as opposed to a young dinosaur) are the one's who forgive his Manly bashing because of his on field exploits over 20 years ago.

Of course he'd be getting paid, only a legit Manly icon would do it pro-bono.

i gotta an email last night from home
apparently there was a someone in a blue and white shirt who looked like our former coach waiting in my driveway for 2 hours looking to sign me up with a "Doggies" membership ;)

A couple of things.

Anyone who is willing to help Manly, without putting their hand out, is a true fan i.e lay of Fatty. He is a Manly legend, has always been an advocate, has been instrumental in getting some sponsorship and is a person of influence. Anyone who doesn't just say Thank you very much Fatty doesn't understand whats going on. Thanks Fatty...

Secondly, i think our increase in membership numbers are more about the players (firstly) and Des (secondly) winning the comp, yet again...We cant take that away from the squad (despite Des leaving) and as a fan I say well done to the team - no easy feat winning in this best competition in the world. I am not detracting from Larissa or anyone who who has also done their job well, but winning the comp and the great squad we have, plus their work off the field in promoting the club has been superb. This has been the catalyst to the great numbers.

Lets keep celebrating being fans of the greatest club...

chags said:
A couple of things.

Anyone who is willing to help Manly, without putting their hand out, is a true fan i.e lay of Fatty. He is a Manly legend, has always been an advocate, has been instrumental in getting some sponsorship and is a person of influence. Anyone who doesn't just say Thank you very much Fatty doesn't understand whats going on. Thanks Fatty...

Secondly, i think our increase in membership numbers are more about the players (firstly) and Des (secondly) winning the comp, yet again...We cant take that away from the squad (despite Des leaving) and as a fan I say well done to the team - no easy feat winning in this best competition in the world. I am not detracting from Larissa or anyone who who has also done their job well, but winning the comp and the great squad we have, plus their work off the field in promoting the club has been superb. This has been the catalyst to the great numbers.

Lets keep celebrating being fans of the greatest club...

Chags, Larissa and her team have done a tremendous job since coming on board. Winning the premiership has also helped but work throughout the year by these guys and the things they have put in place (e.g. new packages, competitions, listening to fans ideas by coming on this forum, etc.) has lead to the increased number of members we have now.

There has also been a more concerted effort by the NRL in general this year to increase member numbers. Manly members were up 48 % on the 2010 total before the 2011 season even started (see Clubs exceed 2010 membership total).

After becoming premiers in 2008, Manly did not do nearly enough to capitalise on this achievement. I think they just expected that the fans would automatically jump on the band wagon. Things have definitely changed this time around.

renewalrace_23112011.jpg

An appearance in all three grades at this year’s Grand Final has ensured Warriors members have kept the faith heading in 2012, with the club enjoying strong renewals for the next year’s campaign under coach Brian McClennan.

With over 60% of the club’s existing members already signing up for the new season, the Warriors currently lead the NRL’ s membership renewal race and are on track for not only the club prize, but to also realising their goal to turn Mt Smart Stadium into a fortress.

Moving down the renewal ladder, Queensland clubs, the Broncos and Cowboys are the Warriors biggest contenders, with both re-signing over half their 2011 members, whilst the Rabbitohs and Knights round off the top five.

The renewal race will run until December 5, and in order to help your club, we need as many 2011 members to keep the faith, and sign on for a 2012 membership as soon as possible!

To find out more about renewing your membership visit www.nrl.com/membership

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8