Manly are missing an ANZAC opportunity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
A little bit disappointing that we didn't have anything ANZAC or Armed Forces related this year. I really think we are missing a golden opportunity to recognise and support the RAAF as they have an Eagle as their official crest. I would like to see the RAAF eagle incorporated into our Jersey for the ANZAC round jersey.
1650786718687.png

really think we are missing a golden opportunity to recognise and support the RAAF
Yes they have an eagle but...?
I'm not such a fan of the NRL chasing dollars by trying so hard to milk an attachment to Anzac Day. Having a day to remember and honour servicemen and women is as important in this country as any other. However, stretching the Anzac Day tradition to footy games now held on Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday is starting to feel a bit less like honouring something noble and more like the NRL, Fox, and Chanel 9 selling something.

Footy is not war.

Agreed, the jersey worn on Thursday night was absolutely awful and did nothing to honour the ANZACS.

It did plenty to honour our major sponsor though, that's apparently the main thing.

Yes they have an eagle but...?
I'm not such a fan of the NRL chasing dollars by trying so hard to milk an attachment to Anzac Day. Having a day to remember and honour servicemen and women is as important in this country as any other. However, stretching the Anzac Day tradition to footy games now held on Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday is starting to feel a bit less like honouring something noble and more like the NRL, Fox, and Chanel 9 selling something.

Footy is not war.

Somehow, over time it's gone from Anzac Day to Anzac week.

We do an Anzac jersey more often than not so not sure what the problem is. I also agree that clubs and the nrl shouldn’t use the day to monetise the day and use it as an excuse for an extra jersey and more revenue.

The only clubs that I see as being able to utilise Anzac Day for a commemorative jersey is st George and the roosters.

Can we do a combined Anzac, indigenous, diabetes, women in league, white ribbon, marvel comic jersey?

I suggest it has all the colours of our rival teams included, dot paintings of guns, white ribbon motifs, poppies, sugar-free treat motifs and a blue and gold super hero instead of a sea eagle. With pink socks for women in league because they love pink.’

Also prominent gambling logos, with anti-gambling disclaimers.

Can we do a combined Anzac, indigenous, diabetes, women in league, white ribbon, marvel comic jersey?

I suggest it has all the colours of our rival teams included, dot paintings of guns, white ribbon motifs, poppies, sugar-free treat motifs and a blue and gold super hero instead of a sea eagle. With pink socks for women in league because they love pink.’

Also prominent gambling logos, with anti-gambling disclaimers.
And a pair of false silicon breasts sewn into the front.

Like the Dragons ANZAC jersey, standard red V with Red poppies forming the V. We could do something similar with white poppies forming our hoops.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8