Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
We’re joking mate.....better than reading pessimism no

We’re sick Lolol......I guess need to have a little fun rather than read & put up with pessimism!
Haha
My kids would be rolling their eyes at these jokes.
We must be cut from the same cloth

Point taken, BUT Manase imo is the most dangerous 9 in the comp, he has the unique mix of qualities of all the best dummy halfs and tore oppositions from the inside last year, hits well in D and is only just starting. IF he is innocent, and IF he misses at most another season (2021), then the club would be smart to support him. No one is indispensable, but if Manly are to win the comp in the next few years, our key is the turbo and manase combo

I see what you did there .... you're funny

Initially I was okay with the no fault stand down policy.

But the amount of time DeBelin and Fainu have had to sit out is extreme.

Needs to be revisted

I mean if they are both found guilty then grand but if even one is innocent.....

Last edited:
That is so disappointing! He has already wait almost a year to get a date for the trail to start, now has to wait another year (could be more the way the hearings have been backed up - especially if covid gets a second wave)

The stand down rule needs to be re looked at. Im sure Manly will be approaching the NRL for a revision on the policy. If it were a Roosters play Im sure they would bend the rules

Not good for the young kid. I guess the club have a big call to make now. They put alot of faith in him and hope they stick by him but we need a 9. Api come back please.

There is no point getting rid of him now, may as well see it through. There is nothing worth buying on the market and he is cap exempt at the moment anyway
Effective house arrest .... That article says he is only allowed to leave home under Parental supervision ... doesn't say anything about training .... would like it clarified .... because if he can't train he will be a long way behind by august next year even if innocent ....
He is allowed to and has been training, he is also allowed to play as well by law as it is his occupation.

Don’t know if the club will resign him post 2021, that leaves him free to test the market if he is not guilty in November this year.

Maybe Jack Birt has had time to bulk up this season with no junior footy, a massive ask but one to keep in the mind.

The rule must be changed. PV has already stated that 'rules' should be "flexible".
At the very least the NRL could change the rule to set a maximum time out of the sport. I'm suggesting four weeks but even if it was a ban of one season (until the outcome of the court case is decided) it would be welcomed by the accused and their clubs.

100% correct. The legal process is a protracted one to say the least.

I really feel for Jack de Belin. If he's found innocent he'll be suing the NRL and I'm no lawyer but I can't see how he'd lose.

It's a dumb rule. You're innocent until proven guilty. If players are eventually found guilty then they're going to lose their livelihood anyway. Pretty hard to play first grade from gaol.

Would the opinions on here be the same if he was locked up? Just wondering, maybe it would be easier to understand.

Plenty are awaiting sentencing with bail refused, and the backlog of cases is growing by the day.

Bad situation for many who are fathers, sons, mothers and daughters, locked up without being sentenced and no visitors allowed for the past 6 months.

Fainu and De Belin are amongst the lucky ones.

With the NRL stand down policy does that also exclude Fainu from playing for Blacktown in NSW cup? Atleast he could keep up his match fitness. Maybe this is something the NRL should look at. This way the players can still play the game
The way I see it, until a vaccine is found for Covid nothing will change. I do my head in some days thinking about the ramifications not just to footy, but life in general.

There is no logical or moral reason we should be held to Fainu's cap money and top 30 spot when the NRL have ruled he is not allowed to play with absolutely zero proof of guilt. What dis we or St Merge do wrong by ANY measurement? We should be totally relieved of his cap burden, top 30 spot and any salary responsibly and be free to find a replacement as we see fit so as to be allowed the touted "even playing field".
If they wan't to play god and stand players down without proof of guilt that is their choice, and they should pick up the tab... anything else is ludicrous.

Would they hold clubs to such ransom over lesser NRL or reggies players? No fukken chance in the world!

On another note; Levi is improving every game and may yet be a very adequate, if not great replacement. We would go fine with him at 9 if Tom was around more often, we had 2 fast, young backs and a game-controlling half.

Last edited:
There is no logical or moral reason we should be held to Fainu's cap money and top 30 spot when the NRL have ruled he is not allowed to play with absolutely zero proof of guilt. What dis we or St Merge do wrong by ANY measurement? We should be totally relieved of his cap burden, top 30 spot and any salary responsibly and be free to find a replacement as we see fit so as to be allowed the touted "even playing field".
If they wan't to play god and stand players down without proof of guilt that is their choice and they should pick up the tab... anything else is ludicrous.

Would they hold clubs to such ransom over lesser NRL or reggies players? No fukken chance in the world!
Totally agree on the that the rule needs adjusting, based on Jack DeBallin also, along time to miss out on your career when nobody knows if your innocent.

The Brett Stewart case should have been a lesson at NRL headquarters and how they had the audacity to wipe him like a piece of Shoit. The NRL tarnished Snakes career and never stood by him in his time of need.

For the club now and Fainu it is long slog, lots to do for the club in supporting Fainu’s well being and looking how to play another season without him.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10