Make a real difference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

doc

Reserve Grader
We're good at having opinions.

Well I hope everyone on this forum within Sydney puts their money where their mouth is and gets out to support the team on Saturday night.

And to the guys who spent time creating some brand new big flags for last Friday night, well done, they looked great and made a massive visual difference.

The rest of us should try and bring all those free flags we've been given by the club twice this year...!

Go Manly!

I find this post too positive ,hence all the replies from our eternal optimistic brethren.

I myself think we can find some form & will smash those dogs next week.

Go Manly

No chance. The abuse I copped at allianz on friday night, the toothless fans laughing and carrying on like they just won a grand final. And what could I do as the scoreboard read 40-0 when I walked out of there with my head down as people yelled how pathetic we are. Sad thing is I agree with them. I love Manly till the day I die but im not spending my hard earned money and make an effort to show up when the team aren't making any effort for me.

I sat and watched us get slaughtered all through the early thousands and in the first years of this site, yet I still stumped up cash.

It isn't about the winning, and if it is it doesn't matter, its about watching a team, enjoying the footy no matter the result and just feeling the highs and lows

I must admit ,it is hard enjoying the football atm.
But how good is it when we are winning & some of that form we
were showing earlier in the year was some of the best attacking football
Ive ever seen coming from this club.
Beating the Dogs & then the Riff is going to be beautiful.....

I'll be there supporting the boys. They've given us so many great moments you can't just abandon them because its tough at the moment.
Last thing we need now is fairweather supporters.

I will be there. This is a time to support the boys regardless of the result.

The last decade has been a great journey and its true that things are going to change soon so i want to see this team perform and again surprise us when every one has written them off.

effnic said:
No chance. The abuse I copped at allianz on friday night, the toothless fans laughing and carrying on like they just won a grand final. And what could I do as the scoreboard read 40-0 when I walked out of there with my head down as people yelled how pathetic we are. Sad thing is I agree with them. I love Manly till the day I die but im not spending my hard earned money and make an effort to show up when the team aren't making any effort for me.

Success is measured in premierships. Unless the Souths fans you saw were on night release from their nursing homes, it's a pretty safe bet you have seen your team win more premierships in your lifetime than they have in theirs. It was certainly a low point, but you can and should continue to bask in your team's overall superiority despite one pathetic finals performance.

Success has turned many fans into spoiled brats either that or we just have a lot of bandwagon supporters.

in 2007/08 the majority of fans were all keen as it had been a bit of a drought (in manly terms) now they just don't care and toss a coin about whether the grand final should be attended

It would be nice to see the support, get another week closer to Ballin coming back and giving us a sniff

effnic said:

Wow... You hung around a long time. It was only 22-0 when I left. I didn't see any of the second half. That was rubbish they dished up. I'm expecting something similar this week but I'll be there in the slight hope they may find some pride in themselves and the jersey. I won't hold my breath though. I don't mind if they lose after having a dig. That wasn't the case last Friday night. I can't blame any supporters for losing their passion for 2014, when it's clear that half of the team has lost theirs.

For the first time I can remember in 50+ years of supporting Manly I left the match early - way early, around the 55-minute mark. It worked out well; I got an early bus and train home, and Manly rallied!
I left that stadium saddened by the lack of fight shown by the team. This was not the Manly I am so proud to support. I can take a loss, but not when they give up. The 'Riff showed true Manly spirit.
That's why I won;t be there on Saturday night. I'll watch on TV, but until the team shows me the same dedidication we fans showed in attending the SFS I'll stay away from the finals

I sat through the entire thing, head in hands. At 40-0 I though about strolling down to the fence and giving some of the boys a massive spray, then I thought they wouldn't care anyway. I will be there this weekend and will cheer the team and those that put in - those that don't....

I've never left a Manly game early as there is always a chance to witness a sublime pass, awesome tackle or amazing try. Killer's try was just that on Friday :angel:

Whilst we have a game left, there is always a chance of a Manly win. :)

So off to get the tickets with a hopefull heart of sending the Dogs out of the finals - Sweet :exclamation:

I sat through some thrashings in the bad old days pre and post NE and never left early but Friday night I couldn't take it any more and left after Souths scored their second try of the second half.

I will be there again on Saturday and if the players have any pride in the jersey at all they will turn it on. I'm just not that confident that many of them do.

MadMarcus said:
I sat through some thrashings in the bad old days pre and post NE and never left early but Friday night I couldn't take it any more and left after Souths scored their second try of the second half.

I will be there again on Saturday and if the players have any pride in the jersey at all they will turn it on. I'm just not that confident that many of them do.
The difference between the bad old days & today is in the quality of the roster. On paper, today's team is capable of winning the premiership. We didn't mind sitting through the thrashings back then because they were to be expected occasionally with the roster we had. There's no excuses with the current lineup.

I have never been more tempted to leave a game early than last Friday night

Could be much much worse come Saturday night - Dogs by 40+ if we come with the same attitude.

Still going to support our boys on Saturday night though.

I hope bay 34 is full of Manly supporters - Saturday night -school holidays - no excuses

Will be staying for the full 80 and not catching the 1st bus back home.

I live 4 hours away, so couldn't be there on Friday. However, although I was tempted, I didn't turn the TV off. I was rewarded with the late tries, a couple that demonstrated skill and determination. This gives me a glimmer of hope for Saturday, and at this stage I will be driving down.

I couldn't be prouder of my young fella on Saturday though. I jokingly asked him which team we'll change to, given our poor performance. He didn't bat an eyelid when he replied "I'm not changing from Manly".

Something to note regarding yeterday's game as well. Bulldogs were good, but they weren't great. I thought they were flattered a bit by Melbourne's poor performance, and the fact that Smith was obviously injured.

I'm not sunshine and lollipops type of person by any means, more a "prepare for the worst, but hope for the best". So I think we'll struggle Saturday. But I've seen so many wins against the odds in my time that there's no way I'm writing us off.

As for copping it from opposition supporters, it doesn't worry me at all. That's because I'm me and they're, well, them. Winners like us soak it up and losers who win - like Souths - give it to the opposition. I like to remember the quote from Harvey Kietel's character in From Dusk till Dawn - "are you such a loser that you don't know when you've won?"

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4