Magic Round 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
No cause I'd miss out up here😂
Remember pre Magic Round we "sold" our home game v them to come up here. I wonder if that will revert when Sydney pinches the Magic Round next year.

I know its about money but gosh I detest that we give the Donkeys a home game. If there is one ground in the NRL that they feel most uncomfortable its Brooky as for fans like me they will always be the super league donkeys who shredded our game in the 90s!

It would be nice if we played a different team during magic pudding round as well. I do hope that one day we see this in Sydney so the fans here can watch all the games over a weekend!

The Donkeys play 13 matches at Suncorp this season.
They don't take any of their home matches to a regional venue to spread the message of RL like other clubs do.
They really are the privileged club of the competition.
While the NRL lets the Donkeys get away with thumbing their noses at the sport with their "it's all about me" attitude, why should our club encourage it by gifting them our home advantage?
Surely Manly fans are more important than money to the Penns.....
Surely?

As much as I'd like to see the broncos at brookie again one day, I know this game means a lot to our hardy Qld Manly fans, so I'm happy they get to see the team live.

As much as I'd like to see the broncos at brookie again one day, I know this game means a lot to our hardy Qld Manly fans, so I'm happy they get to see the team live.
Whilst I'm not involved anymore, and often am away so miss it anyway, BUT this is the round the club engages with their very large QLD / Northern NSW fanbase.

They come Wednesday, they invite you to a training session (meet the players afterwards), they have a Function on Thursday night (at cost) and we get Suncorp as a "home ground". Means for example, all the advertisements on the big screen are ours, our players get a much better introduction to the crowd, Eagles Rock gets played and so on.

Whilst its really an away game, just for one night it feels like home.

There's a sign which you might see that we started back in the MWTS days, "Brookvale North"

I guess if we have to take a home game against Donkeys to Suncorp for $$$$, then magic round is the best fit, at least the crowed is split 3 ways, with out fans and broncos with a smidgeon of the "other game" fans.

Whilst I'm not involved anymore, and often am away so miss it anyway, BUT this is the round the club engages with their very large QLD / Northern NSW fanbase.

They come Wednesday, they invite you to a training session (meet the players afterwards), they have a Function on Thursday night (at cost) and we get Suncorp as a "home ground". Means for example, all the advertisements on the big screen are ours, our players get a much better introduction to the crowd, Eagles Rock gets played and so on.

Whilst its really an away game, just for one night it feels like home.

There's a sign which you might see that we started back in the MWTS days, "Brookvale North"
I understand. I also attended two matches at Suncorp a few years back (as part of your touring group) and we won both.
My beef is that the Broncos don't have that same desire to please their fans who are living anywhere other than in Brisbane. The Broncos get to play 13 rounds at home; we get 10. The Broncos get to play on Friday nights most weeks so they have a constant routine. The Broncos get to be featured on free-to-air TV most weeks so they gain more sponsors and money with which to recruit and retain players.
The Broncos are entitled and their results over the past decade don't warrant this favouritism. If any club should be featured every week it is Melbourne who continue to be the most successful team and who play interesting rugby league.

I understand. I also attended two matches at Suncorp a few years back (as part of your touring group) and we won both.
My beef is that the Broncos don't have that same desire to please their fans who are living anywhere other than in Brisbane. The Broncos get to play 13 rounds at home; we get 10. The Broncos get to play on Friday nights most weeks so they have a constant routine. The Broncos get to be featured on free-to-air TV most weeks so they gain more sponsors and money with which to recruit and retain players.
The Broncos are entitled and their results over the past decade don't warrant this favouritism. If any club should be featured every week it is Melbourne who continue to be the most successful team and who play interesting rugby league.
Can’t disagree with any of that !!

Yeah except no win gives a fuk about Melbourne especially Melbournians. Their membership numbers are a scam, their popularity is next to A-league and they're propped up by News Corp and extra TPA allowances. They're a 4th Qld/Kiwi team playing in Victoria with no soul and little support. Even we are beating their home crowds now.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10