1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lyon king of the jungle

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Jun 2, 2012.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    WHETHER Jamie Lyon should or shouldn't play State of Origin is irrelevant, given the fact that he clearly won't. Yet there is no doubt that he could - and that NSW's loss is Manly's gain.

Read the full article

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,141 / 289
    Throwing this out there I know...but best centre in the game today for mine. Wouldn't swap him for Inglis. Wouldn't swap him for Hodges. Just more rounded than both.

In fact, Matai / Lyon is Manly's if not any teams best centre combination I have EVER seen, and I have seen both Innes / Hill & Falou / Inglis.

3. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    i agree ryan.
    i'm a massive fan of GI & hodges, but jamie is just class! wouldn't swap him for either.

i also think we have the best centre pairing in the comp, the only centre pairing that is better is in rep footy with GI & hodges for Qld/AUS.

but if jamie was declared himself eligible for rep footy again, one of them would have to make way for him in the AUS team.

4. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    The great part of all this is yes we do have the most lethal right side attack but we have ben playing nearly all season so far without an equally lethal left side attack. Foz,TRex,Matai,Choc have played together in 1 game this year when we beat the warriors in rd 1. Get Foz, TRex back to peak fitness and that left side will be equally if not more damaging than the right side.