Lussick released!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm sorry, but I find the decision to release Green and Lussick absolutely stupid and ridiculous by Gorman. Literally dumbfounded. Tanginoa & Sironen gone for the season - response? Release Lussick.

Look at the result of releasing Green. Lachlan ****ing Croker. Is there any reason we are 2 from 5?

Good on you Gorman. Any more bright ideas?

I'm sorry, but I find the decision to release Green and Lussick absolutely stupid and ridiculous by Gorman. Literally dumbfounded. Tanginoa & Sironen gone for the season - response? Release Lussick.

Look at the result of releasing Green. Lachlan ****ing Croker. Is there any reason we are 2 from 5?

Let's hope he's sniffing for a replacement Ryan.

Need to release 1 mid range to buy 3 cheapies.
We were odds on to get dogboy until daddy dogboy spilt the beanz.

Need to release 1 mid range to buy 3 cheapies.
We were odds on to get dogboy until daddy dogboy spilt the beanz.

In other words, our signing crew and Gorman completely balls'd it up, sorry. Green should NEVER have been granted a release until pen was on paper, and the cooling off period (IS there even one anymore, I thought that got abolished) was over for a replacement. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Goes with the fact they lost the case against the NRL with the 3rd party crap. The contesting period is dragging on.

Our roster is paper thin. We played Jono Wright, Matt Wright and Lachlan Croker in a backline last week. That's Northern Eagles bad.

EDIT: Let's not forget the bright sparks that agreed to pay Myles his full freight (even through retirement). What a bunch of nuffies.

In other words, our signing crew and Gorman completely balls'd it up, sorry. Green should NEVER have been granted a release until pen was on paper, and the cooling off period (IS there even one anymore, I thought that got abolished) was over for a replacement. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Goes with the fact they lost the case against the NRL with the 3rd party crap. The contesting period is dragging on.

Our roster is paper thin. We played Jono Wright, Matt Wright and Lachlan Croker in a backline last week. That's Northern Eagles bad.

EDIT: Let's not forget the bright sparks that agreed to pay Myles his full freight (even through retirement). What a bunch of nuffies.

A lot of truth in those words, and like you I have the benefit of hindsight and sadly a lack of clarity on who knew what when.

But one thing for certain - we are missing greeny.

Disappointing to see Darcy (a Manly junior) go. He had so much promise and could quite easily have been one of the top props in the NRL. A couple of years ago he ripped in and was finally starting to show what he was capable of. Then injuries and suspensions cruelled things. All the best for Canada.

Green had mentally already left the building. Unless we could match the warriors offer he was wanting out, as I see it. It’s really a cap issue. We just can’t make him play with passion if we are also ruining his future.

Green had mentally already left the building. Unless we could match the warriors offer he was wanting out, as I see it. It’s really a cap issue. We just can’t make him play with passion if we are also ruining his future.

Give you a tip, he has lit it up for The Warriors, and most certainly doesn't look like slowing. Kearney has him looking faster and fitter than he was here. He'll easily last another 2-3 years. We can't make excuses here, we stuffed up. Just like we have with a paper thin depth wise roster, releasing more players.

None of it makes sense.

Croker is Mullane quality. Literally awful, and out of his depth.
Our big off season acquisition in Thompson, let's just say I'm completely unimpressed with. He looks much slower, lethargic, tired and less explosive as he was when with The Dragons.

Look at highlights of him - the guy was a literal powerhouse. He was selected for City / Country. We've got a less aggressive Justin Horo (probably not as good as Horo - awful).

Anyways, I'm logging off. I'm being way too negative, I'm just devastated we've lost another local junior, who I tohught had so much potential, added aggression, and someone we need given the (I'm a nice guy" attitude of the rest of our other forwards.

Can you please post a credible media source that states we are still paying Myles for 2018.

Give you a tip, he has lit it up for The Warriors, and most certainly doesn't look like slowing. Kearney has him looking faster and fitter than he was here. He'll easily last another 2-3 years. We can't make excuses here, we stuffed up. Just like we have with a paper thin depth wise roster, releasing more players.

None of it makes sense.

Croker is Mullane quality. Literally awful, and out of his depth.
Our big off season acquisition in Thompson, let's just say I'm completely unimpressed with. He looks much slower, lethargic, tired and less explosive as he was when with The Dragons.

Look at highlights of him - the guy was a literal powerhouse. He was selected for City / Country. We've got a less aggressive Justin Horo (probably not as good as Horo - awful).

Anyways, I'm logging off. I'm being way too negative, I'm just devastated we've lost another local junior, who I tohught had so much potential, added aggression, and someone we need given the (I'm a nice guy" attitude of the rest of our other forwards.
If you had watched Fully's last performance for Manly (V Mounties) then you wouldn't be as 'devastated'. He had no impact and has never fulfilled his early promise. He's smart grabbing a three-year deal overseas.

If Green stayed were we not cap compliant ? I’d rather lose Green then lose prem points

So agree. Him and Sironen are the two most over-rated players by posters on this forum.
Guys with so much potential who show very occasional glimpses but on the most part have been complete disappointments.
You don't win things with these players as your go to guys, they are fine as minor supporting cast who don't need to be relied on.

I don't think anyone on silvertails has ever relied upon Sirro or Darcy to win a premiership. They are completely different players and the "on the day" types. I guess you are probably referring/making a statement to someone I put on ignore, and making some kind of point that you were right 38 posts or so ago.

Either way, if you think that Silvertails posters thought Darcy and Sirro were relied upon as major "guys" and not as supporting cast members, then perhaps you should read more.

Sorry for being curt. Bye.

It doesn't really matter Mark, we just needed to sell 1 mid range to fill the 3 cheap spots.

Probably Suli, and possibly loko upgraded + that Parra forward @Snake reckons we are looking at.

I doubt the 200k odd will will net from releasing Darcy half way through his 400k contract will pay for any more than 3 upgrades let alone signing someone new, unless the new guy is only 100k or so for the rest of the year. Some of the figures bandied about on this forum don't come close to adding up.

I doubt the 200k odd will will net from releasing Darcy half way through his 400k contract will pay for any more than 3 upgrades let alone signing someone new, unless the new guy is only 100k or so for the rest of the year. Some of the figures bandied about on this forum don't come close to adding up.

Seems only @Snake knows who - and who would tell us how much.

I can only point out the logic in letting Darcy go, and accept that it will remediate our cap position should we lose the appeal.

So, for example, perhaps the mystery player is David Gower @32 years of age. Would he take minimum wage (footballer minimum) 170K / 2 this year for the full 170 next? Maybe. And maybe that fixes our cap up nice and tight.

I don't know who is the ex con we are looking at is, and really its bottom of the barrel that we are looking there in the 1st place, but the math makes sense ...... sort of.

Apology accepted. The first step in the 12 step program is admitting that you are a w*nker. Good luck with the remaining steps.

39 posts and most of them garbage. I guess who you argue with, and what you type are the same. Read some more, before you post dribble.

I maybe a wanker (tis true on the odd occasion I find the freedom and the temerity), but you are a plain fu..wit.

Bye sweetie, tis nice never having to look at your posts again.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10