Lussick released!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Hey @Batty (you dribbler:rofl:)

Do you think South's supporters were whinging on their forum about big Sam giving away 3 stoopid penalties and 2 dropped balls and having 1 brain explosion last week ....

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So from the NRL.com article just out it would seem Darcy's not going anywhere, or not yet. Having lost 2 forwards, it's probably best to play it safe (and keep him) than sorry (and have no back-up).

Ben

Bencher
The writing was on the wall and a foot was out the door. This might be a good wake up for him. I know he has been unlucky this year to lose his spot with injury in the trial but he was also given the captaincy for that match. He is expirenced and Baz sees him as some what a leader in the group. Given the circumstances now I'm glad he's here to stay for the rest of the year. Hopefully this is where Darcy will stand up and prove everyone wrong. What a moment for him to do so!

R3

Bird gang affiliate
The writing was on the wall and a foot was out the door. This might be a good wake up for him. I know he has been unlucky this year to lose his spot with injury in the trial but he was also given the captaincy for that match. He is expirenced and Baz sees him as some what a leader in the group. Given the circumstances now I'm glad he's here to stay for the rest of the year. Hopefully this is where Darcy will stand up and prove everyone wrong. What a moment for him to do so!

That's a good point, Darcy was the Captain for the trial Match he was injured in, so Baz must of seen something positive from him over the offseason. Otherwise he was encouraging him to realise himself and the time to step up is this year. Either way I hope Darcy doesn't sign anywhere before having a few 1st grade games this year. Looks like he will get the rest of the season to prove to himself and his manager what he's worth for 2019 onwards. Good Luck to him, and if he rips in I hope it inspires him to stay!

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Nrl. Com
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/02...r-manly-warringah-sea-eagles-hit-by-injuries/

Suddenly Lussick has become an even more valuable commodity as Manly's forward depth is tested.

The Sea Eagles confirmed to NRL.com on Monday that any plans to release him to either the Leeds Rhinos or Toronto Wolfpack in Super League had been put on hold.

The 193cm prop is into his third of a three-year deal with the Sea Eagles and is one of 12 players off contract in 2018.

His plans to become a regular member of Manly's forwards rotation in 2018 were stymied when Lussick suffered a high ankle sprain in the opening set of a February trial game against the Cronulla Sharks.

The Who

Journey Man
Unfortunately if his performance for the Manly Workers in reserve grade was any indication he will not make a dent in the Titans pack.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That ought to motivate him. Fark off Darcy we don’t need you, .....lol ... just joking , April fools !! You’re a great bloke Darce, welcome back to first grade.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I wasn't the only one here who, during preseason, had Darcy pencilled in as one of our starting front rowers.
He certainly has something to offer, and right now we really need him to deliver. Come on Darcy!!

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It still seems that Darcy will be released going by some of the mail being reported.

I suppose at the end of the day he is only really providing cover for Tangles and the club must have made the decision that he is surplus to requirements if they have granted him a release (as is being reported - TBC) before Tangles blew his knee. They obviously have faith in one of the younger guys stepping up to fill the hole. If we lose Kapow or AFB to an injury or suspension (most likely) then we are going to be testing our prop depth a little.

I'm guessing that in the short term Kapow, AFB, Perrett and Lane will just play some extra minutes to cover Kelepi - which is not a bad result. AFB played big minutes on Saturday and looked good, last year we looked more dominant the more time Marty spent on the field. Lane can surely play more minutes than he did against the Raiders. So I think we are still OK if Darcy goes. Maybe get Sipley on bench and blood him slowly, or we just carry the extra backrower for experience - Frankenstein in preference to Brown - assuming Jetski gets the nod to replace Siro.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Did you just compare Burgess to Lussick?... Just want to check prior to my intelligent witty response...

They both have "X" factor, and both of them are on a first name basis with members of the judiciary.

• 😆
Reactions: R3

manly al

First Grader
Presume that it will still be up to Manly"s discretion whether to grant Darcy a release and no doubt at present they would prefer him to stay . Agree with Ryan "s post that there is still a quite formidable Manly pack available and helpful that Lane can cover prop as well as back row . Be interesting to see who Baz selects as the the replacement for Siro this week . Surely he will choose Lane , Frank or Jetski ahead of Brown .

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Presume that it will still be up to Manly"s discretion whether to grant Darcy a release and no doubt at present they would prefer him to stay . Agree with Ryan "s post that there is still a quite formidable Manly pack available and helpful that Lane can cover prop as well as back row . Be interesting to see who Baz selects as the the replacement for Siro this week . Surely he will choose Lane , Frank or Jetski ahead of Brown .

Frank and Jetski are second rowers, so it would make most sense to play them for Siro. Jetski has been strong for Workers and gets my nod ahead of Frank.

Lussick is a replacement for Tangles, so should he leave I imagine someone like Sipley will get the bench spot. This said if lussick has not left yet, he will play this week.

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15