Lussick let rip at Barrett before taking Toronto lifeline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Interesting reading that at their team dinner on Thursday night that Hasting went along at the request of some team mates and Dce got out of his seat and embraced Jackson Hastings. Good to see and as Hastings said its over and basically wants to move on . Lets hope this was the catalyst for our bad form . Things will ease for me if we squash the slimy eels today , get a touch up and questions need to be asked and on goes the dramas.
If it was as harmonious and emotional as reported and if TB is really interested in unity, it would be a masterstroke to sit him in the coach's box today!

Nu Brown ?? I remember when he first started with the Sharks I thought he may have has some potential - looked like he could play a bit. That was about 3 years ago so can't confess to seeing much of him since, so not sure what to make of that rumour - good or bad

Nu Brown ?? I remember when he first started with the Sharks I thought he may have has some potential - looked like he could play a bit. That was about 3 years ago so can't confess to seeing much of him since, so not sure what to make of that rumour - good or bad

Probably not good as the dogs need a half and have overlooked him.

Also, at the start of the year he was banished to reserve grade as he wasn't putting in at training. He was loafing and Pay dropped him and put a rocket under him.

He did find his way back into the team off the bench but i see he's been dropped again.

I don't think we need someone else with an attitude problem.

Wait a minute ..... is my memory faulty or is this the same Darcy and soccer-mom dad Jason ... that spat the dummy when Dessie didn't pick him in the 2011 GF .... and then took their bat and ball (and little brother) and ran away to Parra ....

Seems to be a recurring theme here ..

And now the bum hurt concha line say it is all Barretts fault .....

Lussick was OK, had a good stint towards the end of ‘16 and didn’t do much last yr.

He was probably in good money and one the club was ok with to let go.

He has gone to play for good money for the Toronto Wolfpack not another NRL side so obviously not good enough here.

Good luck to him.

Wait a minute ..... is my memory faulty or is this the same Darcy and soccer-mom dad Jason ... that spat the dummy when Dessie didn't pick him in the 2011 GF .... and then took their bat and ball (and little brother) and ran away to Parra ....

That was no doubt part of the reason why he went to the Eels but also from recollection Para offered him a more significant amount of money which for whatever reason Manly were not prepared to and did not match .

Surely it's the job of the coach to decide if a player is good enough for First Grade or needs time in Reserve Grade to prove his worth. I watched Darcy play in that reserve grade match against Mounties and he was ordinary.
Twenty made the correct call to keep him there, imo.
The best way for Darcy to justify his 'spray' would have been to have a blinder in reserve grade the next week and force Twenty to pick him in the top 13.

That was no doubt part of the reason why he went to the Eels but also from recollection Para offered him a more significant amount of money which for whatever reason Manly were not prepared to and did not match .

It was a job lot .... big package deal for the 2 Lussicks, the 2 Hopoate's and a well paid job for poppa Hopoate to sweeten and seal the deal ....

Wasn’t Nu Brown the first player to get Dean Pay angry enough to drop him from the top squad in the off season??
Going by the reports at the time, he was dropped from the top squad at his new club for being a lazy trainer and too cocky and ill-disciplined.
He doesn’t sound like the bulldogs version of Jacko but I read the coach wanted him gone at one stage early on. Moses Suli just got away from that club so I hope it was false or this guy stays at the bulldogs if true

I think it's great we released lussick to maybe sign a guy that's not as good as hastings with the money we get from a front rower who we are not replacing from the the dogs, I mean what could go wrong.

Like a dog chasing its own tail we are at the moment. Clubs that buy and then release players but still retain 50% ( or more ) of their contracts, only to trade in desperation subsequently for other clubs stop gap scraps mid season, are the ones who end up winning spoons.

Hats off to management for following this great model.

More evidence of the lack of leadership around the joint at the moment. Lussick is venting and maybe he has a point. It is a slap in the face for TB and another unwanted distraction for the team. Come on Penn, get some discipline into the club!!

They certainly know how to burn their bridges.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11