Luke Lewis Cancer scare

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Panthers' Lewis reveals cancer scare
Erin Molan, Nine News
19:30 AEST Thu Aug 23 2012

Penrith rugby league star Luke Lewis has spoken out about a cancer scare that rocked his family.

Speaking to Nine News, Lewis said his injury sustained in Round 19 of the NRL was far worse than expected.

A lump was discovered by accident when Lewis went for a CT scan on the back of his neck after injuring it in the match against Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium.

Tests on the lump revealed he had thyroid cancer.

The Panthers star underwent two operations to have his thyroid removed and was given the all clear earlier this week.

Lewis's surgeon recommended a further five to six weeks on the sidelines after the surgery to avoid contact to the neck area.

The 29-year-old said that he will make a full recovery and apart from having to take medication he is expected to live a normal and healthy life

Panthers' Lewis reveals cancer scare
Erin Molan, Nine News
19:30 AEST Thu Aug 23 2012

Penrith rugby league star Luke Lewis has spoken out about a cancer scare that rocked his family.

Speaking to Nine News, Lewis said his injury sustained in Round 19 of the NRL was far worse than expected.

A lump was discovered by accident when Lewis went for a CT scan on the back of his neck after injuring it in the match against Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium.

Tests on the lump revealed he had thyroid cancer.

The Panthers star underwent two operations to have his thyroid removed and was given the all clear earlier this week.

Lewis's surgeon recommended a further five to six weeks on the sidelines after the surgery to avoid contact to the neck area.

The 29-year-old said that he will make a full recovery and apart from having to take medication he is expected to live a normal and healthy life

Luke Lewis, best NSW player for the last few years. Good luck pal...hope we see u with teh Blues in 2013

Luke Lewis, best NSW player for the last few years. Good luck pal...hope we see u with teh Blues in 2013

torana355 said:
One of the good guys in the NRL, all the best Luke.
Shown the door and treated like **** at penruff. This guy should have been a one club man.

torana355 said:
One of the good guys in the NRL, all the best Luke.
Shown the door and treated like **** at penruff. This guy should have been a one club man.

Yeah, that's right Swoop. If he only got the all clear this week, that is really ****ty on the Panthers part. Luke seems a great bloke and should have been treated with a lot more concern by the Panthers. I wish him all the luck and good health possible in his future!

Yeah, that's right Swoop. If he only got the all clear this week, that is really ****ty on the Panthers part. Luke seems a great bloke and should have been treated with a lot more concern by the Panthers. I wish him all the luck and good health possible in his future!

I wish him the very best, such an affable guy:angel:

My best friend is currently in her third recurrence of thymus cancer and it is such struggle to watch her cycle through treatment, remission, and then a few years later, the new tumours.

It truly is a struggle to the end, when the cancer is in one of the hormone producing organs:(

I wish him the very best, such an affable guy:angel:

My best friend is currently in her third recurrence of thymus cancer and it is such struggle to watch her cycle through treatment, remission, and then a few years later, the new tumours.

It truly is a struggle to the end, when the cancer is in one of the hormone producing organs:(

I understand and feel for the bloke and hope he's alright. However, something in the back of my head says that its just a smokescreen to explain why he hasn't played for the Panthers since he announced he was leaving, and won't for the rest of the season.

If this is the case then I think it's a dirty tactic and something the Panthers fans should feel angry about. If not, I will stand corrected.

As I said above though, if it is true, hopefully it doesn't come back if they got it all. Thyroid cancer is a bad one to get as it can spread quickly through the body like Lymphoma.

I understand and feel for the bloke and hope he's alright. However, something in the back of my head says that its just a smokescreen to explain why he hasn't played for the Panthers since he announced he was leaving, and won't for the rest of the season.

If this is the case then I think it's a dirty tactic and something the Panthers fans should feel angry about. If not, I will stand corrected.

As I said above though, if it is true, hopefully it doesn't come back if they got it all. Thyroid cancer is a bad one to get as it can spread quickly through the body like Lymphoma.

Jono said:

You really believe he would lie about having cancer cause he didn't want to play for Penrith anymore?!?

Jono said:

You really believe he would lie about having cancer cause he didn't want to play for Penrith anymore?!?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8