[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Foxs Sports News:
Parramatta Eels officials suspended again as court injunction lifted

PARRAMATTA’S embattled ‘Gang of Five’ officials have been suspended for a second time after the court injunction they filed last week against the NRL was lifted today.

Eels chairman Steve Sharp, chief executive John Boulous, head of football Daniel Anderson, deputy chairman Tom Issa and director Peter Serrao returned to the NSW Supreme Court as they challenged the legality of the suspensions handed down to them by the NRL.

The quintet had decided to continue to challenge their suspensions as club officials imposed by the NRL as part of its provisional sanctions imposed upon the Eels for alleged salary cap indisrections.
The five have been suspended by the NRL as part of its breach notice served to the club on Tuesday.

Other aspects of the breach notice included a provisional docking of 12 competition points and a proposed $1 million fine.

But the injunction imposed on the NRL’s decision to suspend the officials was dropped today.

The officials want to continue in their capacities with the club as they prepare a response to the NRL’s allegations.

That response to those allegations is due on June 3.

The NRL is expected to hand down its final decision around two weeks later.

Today’s court results mean the Eels have until Friday to get under the salary cap without the people who engaged in alleged cap breaches at the helm of the club.

In today's SMH

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nrl-bagman-20160508-gop7ys.html#ixzz484nIyLo6

Here is a respected journalist exposing the truth. I realise none of you will make a post that acknowledges that what the Eels did is common practice at all non NRL owned teams (and look how well the Knights, the Titans, the West Tigers are going). Your club and others are better managed, by businessmen, professionals, not ex-players with failed plumbing businesses.

Yet you will still seek solace in believing the Eels are the worst and only cheats in the comp and if we make the finals ( unlikely) or even win the comp (what are the odds?) you will all scream we stole it. Meanwhile player managers and club boards will continue dealing with bagmen. It's the reality, it's the logical outcome of a flawed NRL system that is exploited by smart (read deceptive if you want) operators, men who use the expression "It's just business" and "business is business"

Sorry that is a pissweak argument @MYBOB

Lance Armstrong should be treated leniently?

Or consider for example, corruption of our parliamentarians – until recently I was lucky to live in Newcastle (a city with many great people) and at one stage we had about 3 MPs plus a Lord Mayor all sacked for corruption.

Think about corporate corruption (don't strain, I'm sure you can think of examples)

Think about police corruption, for heaven's sake just google it

Think about trade union corruption - current popular flavour

In each case, do you seriously suggest we should go easy on those caught red handed because 'everyone does it'?

I would argue the opposite. Those in positions of power who are caught red-handed furthering their own partisan interests, have violated the trust placed in them and betrayed their commitment to maintaining 'the integrity of the system'.

They should be punished more, not less.

Sadly for Eel fans like you, you now suffer for the corruption of your officials and players.

Apparently all of the lol@eels 5 officials have been caught posting videos of themselves using mobile phones while driving! Or something. Probably.

You would think that after the Bulldogs and Storm got busted, the NRL would have insisted that all players personally declare all their contracts.

Players would then think twice about not declaring a contract if they were under the threat of being banned forever for not declaring.

Pretty simple solution really to tighten salary cap compliance.

So apparently along with Watmough's retirement and Ryan Morgan to the Storm the Eels will have to shed one more player to be cap compliant. It all depends how much of Watmough's contract comes out of the cap which will then determine whether the extra player is a top tier player or a second tier. I could see Junior Paulo being released early or Norman leaving.

I do t know why you are all getting het up about things. The have bob Hope of playing finals footy. Even if the do limp into the eight they'll go out first round. And for me that would be even sweeter.

I do t know why you are all getting het up about things. The have bob Hope of playing finals footy. Even if the do limp into the eight they'll go out first round. And for me that would be even sweeter.
Yeah nah, let them extend their finals drought I say.

Sorry that is a pissweak argument @MYBOB

Lance Armstrong should be treated leniently?

Or consider for example, corruption of our parliamentarians – until recently I was lucky to live in Newcastle (a city with many great people) and at one stage we had about 3 MPs plus a Lord Mayor all sacked for corruption.

Think about corporate corruption (don't strain, I'm sure you can think of examples)

Think about police corruption, for heaven's sake just google it

Think about trade union corruption - current popular flavour

In each case, do you seriously suggest we should go easy on those caught red handed because 'everyone does it'?

I would argue the opposite. Those in positions of power who are caught red-handed furthering their own partisan interests, have violated the trust placed in them and betrayed their commitment to maintaining 'the integrity of the system'.

They should be punished more, not less.

Sadly for Eel fans like you, you now suffer for the corruption of your officials and players.

You have presented a very good argument.

I think the article in the SMH should unearth the whole sham that is the NRL salary cap. Our officials did wrong, I am not saying they and our team should not be punished because "everybody" is doing it. I am saying the punishment appears fair but harsh. I just don't believe the punishment should go as far as a wipe out this year as we have been fined last year for some of these breaches that have been added back again to arrive at the 570K figure.

Maybe this article in the SMH shows the NRL is a microcosm of society in general, capitalism in the modern world, the ends justifies the means, I don't live by this, however having run my small business for over 20 years I have seen this attitude constantly and I am less financially successful than some of my competition who would do what ever it takes.

I would like to see the ATO conduct a personal audit of every NRL registered official, player, player agent, manager and coach. When they have to account for every roll of toilet paper they have bought and are not presumed innocent until proven guilty, when the avoided Tax is calculated and the 100% fine levied we will see an end to the paper bag trade, so long as the ATO conduct "random" audits every year going forward.

If this was done, you guys would see that Eels are not the Devils some of you portray us as.

Apparently all of the lol@eels 5 officials have been caught posting videos of themselves using mobile phones while driving! Or something. Probably.
They are also assisting police with their enquiries into a Fairfield shooting tonight. Probs.

Your stories aren't convincing us in the slightest, so the hole that you started to dig is getting deeper!!

I thought it was a pretty simple analogy really.
If an adult mind is closed, it is vertually impossible to open it.
I understand your analogy, it just doesn't apply in this case.
It is easy to throw out lines and insults like your fellow member blewhisarseoff or what ever the old codger calls himself, it is harder to prove your point.
So you can use that hackneyed saying about digging holes, you just need to justify it.
I have never turned from going against the mob, I will make my case and will not fall into line with popular opinion. People want to hear what they think from all sources, it reinforces to themselves they are correct, it makes for a boring social discourse.
By the number of you Manly fans lining up to have a shot at me, I have at least stimulated many replies, some of you have had a think about it and made your arguments in a coherent manner, while some have just mindlessly thrown tomatoes.

Because you guys have been caught red handed cheating and all you seem to do is to try and rationalise your club's actions by continually saying it's not fair because other clubs do it.
That approach makes you sound like some whinny kid in kindergarten.

Just put your hand in the air, own up to your mistakes and accept the punishment...that's what grown ups do.

I suppose you like to hang out with people who all agree with you, all singing the same tune. I mean why engage in a different point of view, one that may challenge your rusted on views. I understand that is a challenge for some.

Well here is another link that will P*** you right off

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/05/09/parramatta-set-to-play-for-points-against-south-sydney/

You can arrive at whatever conclusion you like MYKNOB fact is you will be forever known as cheats. Even if you manage to win the GF this year or the next, nobody except for Parra supporters will give you any credit for winning, it will be a hollow victory. Smack a cheating team 40-0 in a GF and then you can come back and preach about how your innocent.

You guys are the Lance Armstrong of the NRL. Best of Luck!

Hi All, @Rex , @Mark from Brisbane , @niccipops. Just come in to say hi in this popular thread. Hope you're all well. Hope you all have been treating @MYBOB with the same courtesy you treated me. He's a great guy, so be nice. As you can expect, it's not an easy time for us. On the bright side, at least you won't have to worry about playing us again this year (unless you make the semifinals of course, which you should ;) ).

Hi All, @Rex , @Mark from Brisbane , @niccipops. Just come in to say hi in this popular thread. Hope you're all well. Hope you all have been treating @MYBOB with the same courtesy you treated me. He's a great guy, so be nice. As you can expect, it's not an easy time for us. On the bright side, at least you won't have to worry about playing us again this year (unless you make the semifinals of course, which you should ;) ).
You do know we play you again later this year? (insert joke about eels fans not being able to read etc)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8