[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I went on the parra forum site some time back, well before all this came out and stated the biggest crime Parra as a whole have committed is that they have access to the best juniors and through mismanagement can not convert that into a strong NRL team. This is not just a "crime" against their fans but to the league in general. Our board issues affect few clubs and give all others fans something to laugh about. Their Board mismanagement affects the strength of the NRL now and in the future.

I'm thinking he probably did at the time. Cheats. Burn them at the stakes. But after current reflection, no. It was so unfair to their players who had no idea of course - how did that yacht get there? And they trained so hard in pre-season - poor little things.:p
People have a right to change their minds circumstantially.
You won't change ours though.;)

100% correct.

All you need to do to realise this is true is to rewind to the day when they found out the lost in 2009 to an illegal team.

But, when it's their team cheating, all of a sudden the rules seem to change. Why mybob ? Can you explain that ? Is it that your cheating is a different type of cheating and so it's ok ?

You sound like someone trying to explain to his wife that he really didn't cheat. "She kissed me babe, I swear. I never kissed her back."

100% correct.

All you need to do to realise this is true is to rewind to the day when they found out the lost in 2009 to an illegal team.

But, when it's their team cheating, all of a sudden the rules seem to change. Why mybob ? Can you explain that ? Is it that your cheating is a different type of cheating and so it's ok ?

You sound like someone trying to explain to his wife that he really didn't cheat. "She kissed me babe, I swear. I never kissed her back."

In today's SMH

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nrl-bagman-20160508-gop7ys.html#ixzz484nIyLo6

Here is a respected journalist exposing the truth. I realise none of you will make a post that acknowledges that what the Eels did is common practice at all non NRL owned teams (and look how well the Knights, the Titans, the West Tigers are going). Your club and others are better managed, by businessmen, professionals, not ex-players with failed plumbing businesses.

Yet you will still seek solace in believing the Eels are the worst and only cheats in the comp and if we make the finals ( unlikely) or even win the comp (what are the odds?) you will all scream we stole it. Meanwhile player managers and club boards will continue dealing with bagmen. It's the reality, it's the logical outcome of a flawed NRL system that is exploited by smart (read deceptive if you want) operators, men who use the expression "It's just business" and "business is business"

I still appreciate @MYBOB coming on here, he has his point of view, and is reasonably articulate, doesn't seem like a bad sort of bloke.......for a lol@eels supporter!!

But no he's not changing many views on here is he?

Mark, I honestly don't expect any Manly Forum member to make a post conceding that the Eels have received a harsh but fair punishment. I have attempted to make you guys consider the NRL crimes my club has been accused of committing and think to yourselves that maybe these are not in the worst case.

I'm not here to insult or rubbish your team or the district, I think mature supporters should be able to engage in banter or debate without personal attacks. Like when I Am at the footy in my colours and an opposition supporter is sitting near us in his team colours, we laugh and give them stick and mostly it is returned with humour, without an invite to meet under the stands. I must admit I tend not to do this at Dogs games, their supporters can be a tad more emotional. At the end of the day, it's just footy.

You have to admit myyob that parra are run by a bunch of idiots who I would call cheats

Smoking gun' email reveals warning to Parramatta Eels officials about third-party deals

An email, sent by the club's then chief financial officer Ed Farish to chairman Steve Sharp, chief executive John Boulous and football manager Daniel Anderson last July, warns them of "exposures" around third-party deals for Anthony Watmough. The email also noted Farish's suspicions of a system of inflated invoices with club suppliers, and advises them to self-report to the NRL.

Obtained by Fairfax Media from a source close to the investigation, the details of Farish's urgent note to senior officials played a major part in the heavy sanctions handed down last week by the NRL.

Farish explains his concerns about Watmough's deals with ScoreCube – whose parent company Black Citrus had been signed by former CEO Scott Seward to a $200,000-plus contract to provide digital services to Parramatta – and PJ Promotions, a company owned by the father of public relations executive Tracy McKelligott, who was a club consultant from 2013 until last July.

The officials' failure to disclose the deals when they were made aware of them, along with damning transcripts of third-party agreements being discussed at recorded board meetings, were central to the investigators' case against the club and the five current officials implicated.

"Gents, on Monday the 20th of July [NRL salary cap auditor] Jamie L'Oste Brown is due to conduct a mid-year salary cap review," Farish wrote in the email, dated July 10, 2015, with the subject line 'TPA'.

"We've identified the following exposures around potential deals on TPAs. I'm anxious to ensure that everyone is on the same page in dealing with these. If a TPA is not registered and discovered, Jamie can refuse to make it cap exempt."

Under the heading of 'registered TPA' Farish continued: "TPAs are exempt from the cap under certain conditions. The main condition is that the company is not an associated entity. We have two TPAs registered for Anthony Watmough being ScoreCube $75,000 and PJ Promotions $50,000. ScoreCube is a 100 per cent subsidiary of Black Citrus who are a supplier of PNRL. Stephen Moss is the only director and the ScoreCube website is heavily branded Black Citrus.

"PJ Promotions are associated with [club consultant] Tracy. This condition is not as obvious as the Black Citrus connection but the NRL may query why a Newcastle-based promotion company want to spend $50,000-a-year for four years on Watmough. Tracy was promised reciprocal funding by Scott but has executed a TPA for four years with no matching funding.

"In summary, my major concerns are: ScoreCube TPA is easily connected to the club and even though it's approved at the moment the rules give the NRL ample room to reverse the decision. As a minimum I feel that we should self-report ScoreCube and flag that we have investigations ongoing."

The email, which was CC'd to the club's lawyer, John De Mestre, also raises issues with the club's relationships with suppliers including Zibara and E-Group Security, outlining Farish's suspicions that invoices had been inflated.

As a minimum I feel that we should self-report ScoreCube and flag that we have investigations ongoing.

Email from Parramatta CFO Ed Farish to chairman Steve Sharp, CEO John Boulous and football manager Daniel Anderson
Fairfax Media has seen proof of the lucrative four-year arrangement between the Eels and Black Citrus, signed by Seward and Stephen Moss, the son of former Macquarie Bank executive Bill Moss, to start on January 1, 2015. The agreement states that the "PNRLC shall pay Black Citrus an annual fee of $221,996 plus GST paid in quarterly instalments of $55,499 plus GST" for digital services, digital advisory fees, a player management platform and a junior league licence.

The document notes that "no party may publicise in the media the existence of this Heads of Agreement or any of its terms". Parramatta directors have said privately that the board was not told by Seward of the deal.

Eels officials spent the weekend poring over hundreds of pages of transcripts from interviews conducted by NRL investigators, including evidence given by Seward and former team manager Jason Irvine.

Sources said they were not provided with a copy of McKelligott's voluntary interview and received only a statement from Seward dated May 2, the day before NRL chief Todd Greenberg announced the Eels' 12-point deduction and $1 million fine.

An NRL spokesman said: "Parramatta have been provided with the evidence that the NRL based its decision on."

Lawyers for Sharp, directors Tom Issa and Peter Serrao, Boulous and Anderson return to the NSW Supreme Court in Sydney for a hearing on Monday. They have argued they have not received procedural fairness from the NRL.

Ian Schubert, who is leading Parramatta's bid to be cleared as salary cap compliant in time for Friday's match against South Sydney, is also due to meet with L'Oste Brown on Monday.

Sharp, Boulous, Anderson and De Mestre did not return calls on Sunday.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...s-about-thirdparty-deals-20160508-gop83q.html

The Eels are caught standing over a body, littered with bullets matching the gun held in their hands with numerous witnesses but somehow manage to use an O.J.Simpson defence to get off.

Prior to the murder they were hatching the plan over a period of five years with five conspirators or more who are pleading not guilty even though there's 700 pages of evidence implicating them.

You can't put away a criminal, who has a high profile in the media (ch9), even though they were caught red-handed. Friday nights have become too important to put them in jail.

Off subject just watching the logies with the good wife, because thats what one has to do every now and then ( manly free weekend ) . The compares just said "this is the night of nights " and the wife says "isn't this great " and i say" yes darling wat ever you say my dear ". THE NIGHT OF NIGHTS IS A MANLY GAME ON A F.....G FRIDAY OR A F...... SUNDAY AT A PACKED BROOKY OVAL . " brad what were you just mumbling under your breath " " NOTHING DARLING I JUST SAID I LOVE THE LOGIES. GRRRRRR.
Funny bastard, lol

Cheating purple scum Cronk giving his five cents on how players are not accountable in salary cap mess.

Really??? Stop taking the general public for fools, I am sick of it. The players, coaches and businesses' in question absolutely should be accountable and penalised as a result of cheating.

The culture of NRL players being untouchable needs to stop and stop now.

Signing two contracts and spending the money associated with the rort. Accepting cash payments, inflated/doctored TPA's etc is not something that should be swept under the carpet. Players and coaches need to be accountable and penalised as such 100%.

Of course Cronk wants to shirk any accountability because he is still trying to defend the indefensible, that he was an innocent bystander all through the purple rorting. But Cronk, will always be known as a player that participated in cheating the NRL and the fans. Despite the love fest that the Nein ratings league has for him and his cheating posse Scam Smith, Slater, Inglis etc.

Now the blue and gold scum has forever tarnished their image and will be known as cheaters for the years they have systematically rorted the system and engaged in criminal behaviour. And the players involved will be known equally as cheating scum, Hayne and even Wantmore included.

Last edited:
I find the 'us poor players' mentality quite disturbing. They need to realise they operate in the same confines any person receiving a wage does in australia.
Its total b/s that they think receiving money under a table does not make them liable for punishment from whatever regulatory body deems they should be.

it is not illegal for an employee to receive cash in hand, its illegal for the employer to pay cash in hand
It is not illegal for an employer to pay an employee in cash. It is illegal if the company is not declaring the cash and is not paying the employee the correct salary and not paying the employees superannuation

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Working/Working-as-an-employee/Being-paid-wages--cash-in-hand-/

It is illegal for the employee to receive cash in hand and not declare it on their tax return

In today's SMH

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nrl-bagman-20160508-gop7ys.html#ixzz484nIyLo6

Here is a respected journalist exposing the truth. I realise none of you will make a post that acknowledges that what the Eels did is common practice at all non NRL owned teams (and look how well the Knights, the Titans, the West Tigers are going). Your club and others are better managed, by businessmen, professionals, not ex-players with failed plumbing businesses.

Yet you will still seek solace in believing the Eels are the worst and only cheats in the comp and if we make the finals ( unlikely) or even win the comp (what are the odds?) you will all scream we stole it. Meanwhile player managers and club boards will continue dealing with bagmen. It's the reality, it's the logical outcome of a flawed NRL system that is exploited by smart (read deceptive if you want) operators, men who use the expression "It's just business" and "business is business"
Sing your sad song to someone who cares.

it is not illegal for an employee to receive cash in hand, its illegal for the employer to pay cash in hand
No, You can be paid cash it's legal tender.

However, the employer must record the payment and you must declare it to the ATO.

Parra and their players did neither:confused:

It will be interesting to see how many Suppliers get audited by the ATO, now that the inflated invoices are public knowledge ;)

rumour alert with no proof. So who was the QLD SOO player that supposedly received the brown paper bag in 2010 (assume changed teams for 2011 season) that had the ability to so many extra bums on seats. A very narrow field ....of one ...GI. Any other choices .. mind you it could be just a crock of sh*t.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8